It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 16:09

Text Size

Bug Reports (snapshot builds)

Post MTG Forge Related Programming Questions Here

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Bug Reports (snapshot builds)

Postby friarsol » 10 Feb 2012, 17:24

Did something change with Morph creatures? I don't seem to have a way of knowing what my morphed Creature is anymore (since it just shows a Face down Image). Also, in the CardDetailPanel it lists the SetInfo for a Face Down Creature when it probably shouldn't.
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby ArsenalNut » 11 Feb 2012, 15:34

I used Phyrexian Metamorph to copy Strangleroot Geist. It dies and comes back because of Undying. However, I didn't get a choice to copy something else when it returned despite there being other creature still on the battlefield. The end result was a Phyrexian Metamorph with a +1/+1 counter on it instead.

Edit:
I found what was causing the issue. The "cloning" ability is setup as a resolve method so it will only work when the cloning cards are cast into play. Anybody know if there is a particular reason this wasn't setup as a comes into play command instead?
So many cards, so little time
ArsenalNut

Postby friarsol » 11 Feb 2012, 16:26

The cloning code is awfully old. I stay away from it because it only leads to pain and suffering. I think slapshot has tried to fix it up the most, but it really should be a Static ETB. I don't know if doing that would cause it to die from being a 0/0 before you are able to choose what to clone (similar to the Phylactery Lich bug). If the static effects are rigged to be checked after these occur, then we should be able to do it properly.
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby ArsenalNut » 12 Feb 2012, 04:09

friarsol wrote:The cloning code is awfully old. I stay away from it because it only leads to pain and suffering. I think slapshot has tried to fix it up the most, but it really should be a Static ETB. I don't know if doing that would cause it to die from being a 0/0 before you are able to choose what to clone (similar to the Phylactery Lich bug). If the static effects are rigged to be checked after these occur, then we should be able to do it properly.
As a test I changed just Phyrexian Metamorph to use a "Into Play Command". Sure enough, if I try to use the Input class to do the selection of a card to copy, Phyrexian Metamorph gets moved to the graveyard by static effects before the user can make a choice. The basic problem is that game engine doesn't have a mechanism to wait for the user to make input in the gui so the spell resolves before the user can make a choice. This is also what's causing the Phylactery Lich bug. I have fixed the problem by using a text box of choices instead and Phyrexian Metamorph works like it should. Two questions, Should I go ahead and convert all the clones? Is anyone actively working on changing the input methods? I would dearly love a method that took a list of legal choices and just returned the object that the user selected graphically.
So many cards, so little time
ArsenalNut

Postby friarsol » 12 Feb 2012, 04:45

When the game ends, you shouldn't be prompted to put Triggers on the stack. They should just be cleared out. This is most noticeable if you deal combat damage to win the game with something that triggers on combat damage.
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby Iran » 12 Feb 2012, 05:22

1) I have one Toxin Sliver, one Crypt Sliver, one Blade Sliver and one Magma Sliver on battlefield, then I attack with Magma Sliver, AI blocks my Magma Sliver with an Geralf's Messenger and an Diregraf Ghoul. Then I tap my Crypt Sliver and regenerates Magma Sliver and I tap my Blade Sliver and the Magma Sliver gets +4/0 (becomes a 8/3 creature), I choose the damage to deal in Geralf's Messenger and Diregraf Ghoul and these cards dies. Geralf's Messenger returns to battlefield because its undying abilitie, but the trigger abilitie of Toxin Sliver fires and the Geralf's Messenger dies again.

Geralf's Messenger shouldn't be destroyed because of abilitie of Toxin Sliver when it returns because of Undying abilitie.

2) I have one Crypt Sliver and one Magma Sliver on battlefield, then I attack with Magma Sliver, AI blocks my Magma Sliver with one Diregraft Captain and one Diregraf Ghoul, then I taps my Crypt Sliver and regenerates my Magma Sliver, but even in this way my Magma Sliver dies.

I think the regenerate shield that Magma Sliver receives will prevent it from being destroyed even if my Magma Sliver was blocked by one Diregraf Ghoul and one Diregraf Captatin and Diregraft Captatin have deathtouch.

I use forge-1.2.4-20120210.120113-7 r. 13939
Iran

Postby timmermac » 14 Feb 2012, 04:07

r13824: Sol Grail does not work.
"I just woke up, haven't had coffee, let alone a pee in 7 days, and I find out you stole my ass and made a ...mini-me! Carter, I should be irked currently, yes?" - Jack O'Neill
timmermac
Tester

Postby slowe » 15 Feb 2012, 05:22

In r14057 (think I saw the same thing in 14013), after I've completed a match, the next time I start a match it's stuck in the end-of-match phase from the previous match. The phase indicator shows the phase the last game ended on, and I can press the "okay" button, but nothing advances (I recognize this functionality from accidentally hitting okay or pressing enter after a game has ended).

I don't know the relevant code, but a look through the log suggests perhaps this was introduced in r14000, perhaps when FControl was "refactored to reuse single instance of each UI state". With the same UI elements being persisted, it seems that some clearing/resetting -- previously done when these components were destroyed and recreated -- may have been left out in the shuffle. At least, that's my first inkling. I'm going to head off to bed, but with any luck this is helpful to Doublestrike if he's not busy with weird UI bugs.
slowe

Postby Doublestrike » 15 Feb 2012, 09:04

Exactly the problem, slowe. Will fix immediately.

Any other problems like this (that is, resetting of features), please report. That will be the hiccup in r14000 - the same instance of each UI is recycled across the game, instead of a new one being created each state change.

(EDIT setting submenu scrolling fixed r14062)
(EDIT this problem fixed r14063)
(EDIT inline skin select fixed r14066)
---
A joke is a very serious thing.
Doublestrike
UI Programmer

Postby FabioFLX » 15 Feb 2012, 14:46

(Hope this is the right place to post it)
I'm using latest snapshot (forge-1.2.4-20120210.120113-7)
It seems like during opponent attack phases you can choose opponent creatures to block its own attacking creatures.
Thanks
FabioFLX

Postby Sloth » 15 Feb 2012, 15:19

timmermac wrote:r13824: Sol Grail does not work.
Sol Grail always puts the mana in the mana pool. I'm not an expert of mana abilities and i don't know the background of this problem.

FabioFLX wrote:(Hope this is the right place to post it)
I'm using latest snapshot (forge-1.2.4-20120210.120113-7)
It seems like during opponent attack phases you can choose opponent creatures to block its own attacking creatures.
Thanks
Fixed! Thanks FabioFLX.
Sloth
Programmer

Postby Iran » 16 Feb 2012, 03:18

During the AI Declare Blockers Phase I have a Sun Titan (6/6) attacking, then AI choose to block my Sun Titan with one Dungeons Geists (3/3 with id: 110), one Spirits (1/1, with id: 78) Token and other one Spirit Token (1/1 with id: 89) . I can't choose the Sun Titan's damage assignment order, during this phase.
Exemple
1) I can choose first Spirit Token (id: 89), second Spirit Token (id: 78) and third Dungeons Geists (id: 30).
or else
2) I can choose first Spirit Token (id: 78), second Dungeons Geists (id: 110) and third Spirit Token (id: 89)
among other orders.

Then during Combat phase (if I choose the order 2 during Ai Declare Blockers Phase)) I have to deal lethal damage to Spirit Token (id: 78) then I have to deal lethal damage to Dungeons Geists (id : 110) and so on.

In this Forge I can deal combat damage in Dungeons Geists (id: 110) directly even when Spirit Token (id: 78) is prior the Dungeons Geists in the Sun Titan's damage assignment order and I choose the Sun Titan's assigns damage during Combat Phase without I choose The Sun Titan's damage assignment order during the Ai Blockers Phase.

Obs: The id's I write above is the Id of the cards in the forge

I use forge r.13939

Thanks
Last edited by Iran on 16 Feb 2012, 11:58, edited 4 times in total.
Iran

Postby friarsol » 16 Feb 2012, 05:04

Forge is still using old (M10) combat rules. You can spread the damage however you like, as long as you are dealing lethal damage before doing trample damage to a player.
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby moomarc » 16 Feb 2012, 06:01

friarsol wrote:Forge is still using old (M10) combat rules. You can spread the damage however you like, as long as you are dealing lethal damage before doing trample damage to a player.
I think they make changes like that purely to frustrate developers working on freeware versions of their game :lol:
-Marc
moomarc
Pixel Commander

Postby Doublestrike » 16 Feb 2012, 06:07

@moomarc - Hahaha

(it's a nice break from cease and desist, I suppose)
---
A joke is a very serious thing.
Doublestrike
UI Programmer

PreviousNext

Return to Developer's Corner