It is currently 22 Oct 2018, 01:47
   
Text Size

Bug Reports (snapshot builds)

Post MTG Forge Related Programming Questions Here

Moderators: timmermac, friarsol, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Bug Reports (snapshot builds)

Postby PrinzMurmel » 22 Sep 2018, 16:08

v1.6.15: I played Encrust and enchanted a yet untapped Lys Alana Bowmaster. Nevertheless, when my opponent played an Elf next turn, my 2/2 flyer received 2 damage and was destroyed :roll: Am I mistaken that that should have been prevented by the enchantment?

Regards, P.M. {G}
User avatar
PrinzMurmel
 
Posts: 16
Joined: 25 Mar 2015, 19:34
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: Bug Reports (snapshot builds)

Postby Finallogic » 22 Sep 2018, 16:23

V1.6.15

Pelt Collector triggers when opponent's creatures enter the battlefield, not just yours.
Attachments
Screenshot_20180922-121745_Forge.jpg
Finallogic
 
Posts: 2
Joined: 22 Sep 2018, 16:20
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: Bug Reports (snapshot builds)

Postby Finallogic » 22 Sep 2018, 16:29

V1.6.15

Kraul Harpooner failed to trigger, though there was a creature in my graveyard and an opposing flying creature.
Attachments
Screenshot_20180922-122802_Forge.jpg
Finallogic
 
Posts: 2
Joined: 22 Sep 2018, 16:20
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: Bug Reports (snapshot builds)

Postby friarsol » 22 Sep 2018, 20:30

PrinzMurmel wrote:v1.6.15: I played Encrust and enchanted a yet untapped Lys Alana Bowmaster. Nevertheless, when my opponent played an Elf next turn, my 2/2 flyer received 2 damage and was destroyed :roll: Am I mistaken that that should have been prevented by the enchantment?

Regards, P.M. {G}
You are mistaken. That's a triggered ability not an activated one
friarsol
Global Moderator
 
Posts: 7290
Joined: 15 May 2010, 04:20
Has thanked: 235 times
Been thanked: 902 times

Re: Bug Reports (snapshot builds)

Postby Ergg » 23 Sep 2018, 07:56

V1.6.16
Legion Warboss is freezing the game on "Waiting for opponent..." when creating a goblin token at the beginning of combat phase.
It was working in previous snapshot though.
Ergg
 
Posts: 7
Joined: 23 Apr 2017, 07:27
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Bug Reports (snapshot builds)

Postby PrinzMurmel » 25 Sep 2018, 21:45

Question: I was attacking with Cathodion, it was blocked and killed. I received 3 colorless mana, but they were automatically gone after a split second so I could not use them to buy something after combat. Is that correct behaviour? :?:
Regards, P.M. {G}
User avatar
PrinzMurmel
 
Posts: 16
Joined: 25 Mar 2015, 19:34
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: Bug Reports (snapshot builds)

Postby Fizanko » 26 Sep 2018, 11:36

using today's snapshot, 1.6.16 r261 looks like the nasty doubling of planeswalker effect is still there.

I was playing the m19 constructed deck "Sarkhan Dragonsoul" and i started to notice that something was very very wrong when i finally played the Sarkhan, Dragonsoul planeswalker card :
- his +2 power wrongly killed every 2/2 creatures the opponent had (so i guess the -1 was in fact getting the doubled bug somehow, but couldn't catch it on the log)

Confirmed the nasty bug was indeed in full effect when i decided to use his -3 power (that deals 4 damage to opponent) and noticed it applied 2 times, dealing 8 damage in 2 steps :

Image
(click on picture for full size)
Innistrad world for Forge (updated 17/11/2014)
Duel Decks for Forge - Forge custom decks (updated 25/10/2014)
User avatar
Fizanko
Tester
 
Posts: 766
Joined: 07 Feb 2014, 11:24
Has thanked: 154 times
Been thanked: 85 times

Re: Bug Reports (snapshot builds)

Postby friarsol » 26 Sep 2018, 16:39

PrinzMurmel wrote:Question: I was attacking with Cathodion, it was blocked and killed. I received 3 colorless mana, but they were automatically gone after a split second so I could not use them to buy something after combat. Is that correct behaviour? :?:
Regards, P.M. {G}
Yep, mana empties when you change steps. So if your Cathodion dies in combat, you need to use that mana during that damage step.
friarsol
Global Moderator
 
Posts: 7290
Joined: 15 May 2010, 04:20
Has thanked: 235 times
Been thanked: 902 times

Re: Bug Reports (snapshot builds)

Postby Twainer » 27 Sep 2018, 11:25

some Guilds of Ravnica card issues in r266:
Invert//Invent - Power/Toughness switch doesn't do anything
Piston-Fist Cyclops - should work with sorceries
Glaive of the Guildpact - Has no equip ability when in play
Chamber Sentry - X is always set to 0
Urban Utopia - Cost is listed as 1G but game only asks for G
Vigorspore Wurm - Trigger should give vigilance as well
Twainer
 
Posts: 44
Joined: 03 Jan 2010, 23:42
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: Bug Reports (snapshot builds)

Postby Bog Wraith » 27 Sep 2018, 13:53

For the last two Snapshot releases including the current "forge-1.6.16-SNAPSHOT-r271-9bbd1da0ba" the program crashes on startup and produces this very small bug report.


"java.lang.NullPointerException
at forge.quest.QuestController.resetDuelsManager(QuestController.java:434)
at forge.quest.QuestController.load(QuestController.java:242)
at forge.control.FControl.initialize(FControl.java:235)
at forge.view.Main.main(Main.java:60)"


I've had no problems what so ever running the program until now and I update with almost every Snapshot release on a daily basis and have so for years.

I am running Forge on a Mac and have done so with no issues for a long, long time.

The last version I had running successfully before this problem was Forge_1.6.16_r239. I am running Java 10.02 and have been for awhile now.


Incidentally, I noticed that these last two snapshots have a new arrangement with the file naming, having the "r" number followed by a series of letters & numbers as opposed to the way it was before when the "r" number was at the end of the file name. Just wanted to mention this as these two releases have had this crash, at least for me.
----------------------------------------------------
Edit

Through a process of elimination I found that 2 of my Quest save files were causing this crash, so I deleted them. Not sure why this happened as I have had the same Quest save game files for a long time as I don't play in Quest mode much at all anymore.

Everything, so far, seems to be back running well again.
'Twas in the bogs of Cannelbrae
My mate did meet an early grave
'Twas nothing left for us to save
In the peat-filled bogs of Cannelbrae.
User avatar
Bog Wraith
Global Mod 1 (Ret)
 
Posts: 1078
Joined: 28 May 2008, 22:40
Location: Shandalar
Has thanked: 395 times
Been thanked: 148 times

Re: Bug Reports (snapshot builds)

Postby stormcat » 27 Sep 2018, 16:24

:1.6.16-SNAPSHOT-r271-9bbd1da0ba
When I tapped Emmara, Soul of the Accord for Convoke, she double triggered.
stormcat
 
Posts: 305
Joined: 17 Jun 2015, 05:32
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 5 times

Re: Bug Reports (snapshot builds)

Postby stormcat » 28 Sep 2018, 10:20

:1.6.16-SNAPSHOT-r277-2ab59849a8
House Guildmage's second ability should be surveil 2, not surveil 1.(Strangely, the script is 2.)
stormcat
 
Posts: 305
Joined: 17 Jun 2015, 05:32
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 5 times

Re: Bug Reports (snapshot builds)

Postby KrazyTheFox » 29 Sep 2018, 05:12

Bog Wraith wrote:Incidentally, I noticed that these last two snapshots have a new arrangement with the file naming, having the "r" number followed by a series of letters & numbers as opposed to the way it was before when the "r" number was at the end of the file name. Just wanted to mention this as these two releases have had this crash, at least for me.
This is to aid in bug fixing. The letters/numbers correspond to a specific version of the source code, so we can tell if a bug report is new or old and exactly the version in which the error occurred. Nothing to worry about!
User avatar
KrazyTheFox
Programmer
 
Posts: 723
Joined: 18 Mar 2014, 23:51
Has thanked: 66 times
Been thanked: 225 times

Re: Bug Reports (snapshot builds)

Postby Bog Wraith » 29 Sep 2018, 17:39

KrazyTheFox wrote:
Bog Wraith wrote:Incidentally, I noticed that these last two snapshots have a new arrangement with the file naming, having the "r" number followed by a series of letters & numbers as opposed to the way it was before when the "r" number was at the end of the file name. Just wanted to mention this as these two releases have had this crash, at least for me.
This is to aid in bug fixing. The letters/numbers correspond to a specific version of the source code, so we can tell if a bug report is new or old and exactly the version in which the error occurred. Nothing to worry about!
Ok for future reference, when I submit a bug report I post which r number snapshot it is. Should I still use only the r number or add the letters/numbers version along with it?
'Twas in the bogs of Cannelbrae
My mate did meet an early grave
'Twas nothing left for us to save
In the peat-filled bogs of Cannelbrae.
User avatar
Bog Wraith
Global Mod 1 (Ret)
 
Posts: 1078
Joined: 28 May 2008, 22:40
Location: Shandalar
Has thanked: 395 times
Been thanked: 148 times

Re: Bug Reports (snapshot builds)

Postby KrazyTheFox » 29 Sep 2018, 20:14

Bog Wraith wrote:Ok for future reference, when I submit a bug report I post which r number snapshot it is. Should I still use only the r number or add the letters/numbers version along with it?
The letters and numbers are more helpful for developers, while the regular r number is more helpful for general users. I'd post both, personally.
User avatar
KrazyTheFox
Programmer
 
Posts: 723
Joined: 18 Mar 2014, 23:51
Has thanked: 66 times
Been thanked: 225 times

PreviousNext

Return to Developer's Corner

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: sapedVow and 10 guests


Who is online

In total there are 11 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 10 guests (based on users active over the past 10 minutes)
Most users ever online was 279 on 11 Jul 2013, 22:03

Users browsing this forum: sapedVow and 10 guests

Login Form