It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 23:36

Text Size

Developer Plans

Post MTG Forge Related Programming Questions Here

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Developer Plans

Postby friarsol » 02 Mar 2014, 15:46

I've been (quietly and slowly) working on a Winston Draft mode on the same tier as Booster Draft. I've been reading about it a lot recently, so I figured it might be a good addition to Forge. I'll probably be working on it for a while longer, since I want to get some decent AI for Drafting piles, before handing off to the deck builders we already have. If anyone has any requests lemme know now. I'm not sure if I'll be able to do everything, but I may be able to do some of it.
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby Agetian » 03 Mar 2014, 06:52

@ Sol: A very interesting idea! Will be happy to see how it comes to fruition!

- Agetian
Agetian
Programmer

Postby friarsol » 02 May 2014, 13:10

I'll be on vacation starting today for a week and a half. Someone keep the userbase in line for me while I'm gone.
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby moomarc » 25 Jul 2014, 14:39

Hey guys,

Just a quick update from me since I've been absent for a while.I had to stop working on Forge for a while because I was too busy with a freelance contract I was busy with, and just after that my mother-in-law passed away so I had a lot of other stuff to sort out. And from the start of August, I'm starting a new job and will likely have next to no free time.

I'll still lurk and be a very occasional contributor, but I can't commit to anything more than that, unfortunately. Its been fantastic working with all of you and I've learnt a lot as I watched Forge evolve from the beginnings mtgrares gave us when he made it open source.

Catch you guys later.
-Marc
moomarc
Pixel Commander

Postby Max mtg » 24 Jul 2017, 11:28

I am back from slav... er... employemnt on a .net project and would like to make some refactoring on Forge.

The Card class is overburdened at this moment. There has to be a basic state of card, then a set of effects on the battlefield, then cards' stats calculated be game state machine. Damage history, counters, checks for protection and allowance to enchant a card, methods used by AI should be somewhere else.
Single class for single responsibility.
Max mtg
Programmer

Previous

Return to Developer's Corner