It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 11:44

Text Size

Network Multiplayer (Multi-human players)

Post MTG Forge Related Programming Questions Here

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Network Multiplayer (Multi-human players)

Postby elcnesh » 12 Sep 2014, 13:11

After a Flash of Insight I actually managed to fix human vs human :D

How about I merge it back into trunk sometime after today's beta release (like tomorrow)? All basic functionality works, the only problematic thing may be with when you're allowed to see certain cards (like when looking at an opponent's hand). That'll give us developers two weeks to find any bugs, and means we can start implementing network play. We can also release a post-beta snapshot for the userbase to test with.
elcnesh

Postby Agetian » 12 Sep 2014, 13:13

elcnesh wrote:After a Flash of Insight I actually managed to fix human vs human :D

How about I merge it back into trunk sometime after today's beta release (like tomorrow)? All basic functionality works, the only problematic thing may be with when you're allowed to see certain cards (like when looking at an opponent's hand). That'll give us developers two weeks to find any bugs, and means we can start implementing network play. We can also release a post-beta snapshot for the userbase to test with.
Sounds good to me!
Also, maybe it can be synchronized with the related Android version update by Dan (in case it's coming - based on 1.5.26, that is) such that he has a chance of releasing a 1.5.26-based update if necessary before the major changes are in?..

- Agetian
Agetian
Programmer

Postby Agetian » 13 Sep 2014, 03:18

Ok I don't know about everyone else, but personally I'm now voting for the integration of the branch - I think it's better done sooner rather than later since we definitely need enough time to playtest, debug and fix anything that may need debugging and fixing before the next beta release. Good luck! :)

- Agetian
Agetian
Programmer

Postby Agetian » 15 Sep 2014, 05:34

Has there been any progress on the reintegration of the branch, or have some blocking issues shown up that prevent the merge from happening?.. (just curious)

- Agetian
Agetian
Programmer

Postby elcnesh » 15 Sep 2014, 12:12

There were, but I managed to commit it just a minute ago! :D
elcnesh

Postby Agetian » 15 Sep 2014, 18:14

elcnesh wrote:There were, but I managed to commit it just a minute ago! :D
Nice! Thanks for your commitment to see this project through, and good luck to all of us in testing! I keep my fingers crossed. *updating to the latest SVN, will report on any odd behavior and bugs if I encounter any*

- Agetian
Agetian
Programmer

Postby MIC132 » 15 Sep 2014, 18:27

Any way to test this without playing with SVN (not that I don't know how, but I'm lazy). Like precompiled build?
MIC132

Postby KrazyTheFox » 15 Sep 2014, 18:47

MIC132 wrote:Any way to test this without playing with SVN (not that I don't know how, but I'm lazy). Like precompiled build?
I have a server building snapshots for every commit that uploads then here:
http://www.krazyweb.net/forge/
KrazyTheFox
Programmer

Postby Agetian » 15 Sep 2014, 18:55

KrazyTheFox wrote:
MIC132 wrote:Any way to test this without playing with SVN (not that I don't know how, but I'm lazy). Like precompiled build?
By the way, I noticed that the server does not yet have any builds since the GUI refactoring went in... was it because the compilation failed (I tried to fix this by adding a missing dependency to the project in r27413) or did you just have the server turned off this time?

- Agetian
Agetian
Programmer

Postby Agetian » 15 Sep 2014, 19:07

I'm going to report odd behavior and bugs related to the GUI refactoring in the regular SVN build threads (unless you instruct me otherwise - I initially wanted to report here but the thread is called "Network Multiplayer" which would be sort of misleading). My first report is up (a minor issue I have encountered thus far): viewtopic.php?f=52&t=6333&p=161247#p161247

- Agetian
Agetian
Programmer

Postby KrazyTheFox » 15 Sep 2014, 20:19

Agetian wrote:
KrazyTheFox wrote:
By the way, I noticed that the server does not yet have any builds since the GUI refactoring went in... was it because the compilation failed (I tried to fix this by adding a missing dependency to the project in r27413) or did you just have the server turned off this time?

- Agetian
It could be. Unfortunately I'm at work and can't check the build status. As far as I know it should continue publishing when a build succeeds, but perhaps that's not the case.
KrazyTheFox
Programmer

Postby drdev » 15 Sep 2014, 21:10

I'm noticing a lot of bugs with the mobile game. Were you not able to test it before merging all the code in?

In particular I'm noticing that the stack is appearing reversed, the human player's name isn't appearing when being prompted to select a player, and card types no longer appear in list view.
drdev
Programmer

Postby elcnesh » 15 Sep 2014, 21:19

I was, and I've tested it quite extensively, so this surprises me... I'll have a look right now. If there's really too many problems, I guess I could revert it and continue testing on the branch. Sorry man! I really didn't mean to ruin your awesome project.
elcnesh

Postby drdev » 15 Sep 2014, 21:21

elcnesh wrote:I was, and I've tested it quite extensively, so this surprises me... I'll have a look right now. If there's really too many problems, I guess I could revert it and continue testing on the branch. Sorry man! I really didn't mean to ruin your awesome project.
Don't worry about it. I'm actually working on fixing them right now, so don't worry about fixing it yourself unless I ask for help. I mostly just wanted to make you aware of the issues.
drdev
Programmer

Postby elcnesh » 15 Sep 2014, 21:26

Looking at your two latest commits makes me wonder if it even compiled on your system after I remerged the branch. It does on mine (I'm still on r27414) and it seems to work fine.
elcnesh

PreviousNext

Return to Developer's Corner