It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 02:26

Text Size

I love this place already! (also, please help)

Downloads, Guides , General Support
PLEASE "SEARCH" BEFORE YOU POST!

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

I love this place already! (also, please help)

Postby Platosbeard » 09 Apr 2009, 08:27

I was so happy to find this board. I love this game and have wasted hours trying to figure out how to get it installed on my last few pcs. So, I turn to you for some help.

I know the downloads are available, but that would take me several rapidshare cycles. I have the original Microprose disk. All I want is to get this mofo installed and working on either XP or Vista (preferred). I appreciate all the work put into expansions and new card development but I would be crazy happy with just the original game too, not that new cards wouldn't rock my freaking world.

I've read a few posts and they seem to start with the idea of downloads first - but I would prefer, if possible, start with the disk and patch as needed to spare myself the rapidshare free user downtime.

Thank you very much and I'm happy to see these boards not only exist but are actually active!

Thanks,
Platosbeard
Platosbeard

Re: I love this place already! (also, please help)

Postby Platosbeard » 09 Apr 2009, 08:47

Nevermind - so far, so good - I am never going to sleep at a reasonable hour. Ever again.
Platosbeard

Re: I love this place already! (also, please help)

Postby Bog Wraith » 09 Apr 2009, 12:07

Welcome aboard!

Believe me, allot of people have lost MANY hours of sleep playing this game. Since I got the original games back in 1997-98, I couldn't even imagine how many hours I've missed!

Wait till you try some of the new stuff that these creative people have added in since!

Enjoy! 8)
'Twas in the bogs of Cannelbrae
My mate did meet an early grave
'Twas nothing left for us to save
In the peat-filled bogs of Cannelbrae.
Bog Wraith
Global Mod 1 (Ret)

Return to Installation and Troubleshooting