It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 13:43

Text Size

New cards in Shandalar ?

Downloads, Guides , General Support
PLEASE "SEARCH" BEFORE YOU POST!

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

New cards in Shandalar ?

Postby Yogi » 30 Jun 2013, 15:04

I have a question. I saw that one can play that game with new cards. Is the new cards, you can play in signler player mode in Shandalar ?
Yogi

Re: New cards in Shandalar ?

Postby stassy » 30 Jun 2013, 18:22

From the ML3 wiki FAQ:

Q: Will these new cards be added to Shandalar?
A: No. None of the new features apply to Shandalar.
stassy

Postby Yogi » 30 Jun 2013, 19:26

Why? Why modified this game since it is not possible to use the new cards.
Yogi

Postby Aswan jaguar » 30 Jun 2013, 19:36

The new cards are not available only in Shandalar=the adventure part of the game they are working of course in all other types of game,Gauntlet,solo duel,draft,challenges...and there was some attempts but no modder so far accomplished to fine how.
---
Trying to squash some bugs and playtesting.
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Postby Eviscerator » 19 Aug 2013, 09:57

Hello everyone. I'm new in the forums although I've been playing the game for many years now. I have something interesting to say about the game and I hope it will help you guys develop the game.

I remember when I first downloaded the 1.32 version of the game in Home of the Underdogs. My PC back then was dual boot with just Win98, no Second Edition, and with the just-released Windows XP. I installed the game in Win98 and made a mistake with the installation so the Manalink.exe, Shandalar.exe, and Deck.exe didn't run, and a message kept prompting me. I think it was the something about the clock whatever; I didn't understand. I reinstalled it and this time I can play only the gauntlet and view the cards in Deck.exe but still cannot play the Shandalar. So I reinstalled it for the third time and tried to run Shandalar only since I wanted to play the game badly.

Believe it or not, I was able to buy some cards in the Shandalar game that didn't appear in the Manalink. I even get them as prizes whenever I wander in some random grove, graveyard, or cave that pop out all over the map. I wasn't aware then that the cards were not in the original game. I can still remember the cards that I encountered - False Orders, Niall Silvain, Concordant Crossroads, Cocoon, Shimian Night Stalker, The Wretched, Frankenstein's Monster, Nameless Race, Hazezon Tamar, Sol'Kanar, Raging River, Goblin Shrine, and a few others. So far no new white or blue cards encountered. They were overly expensive in the town but always have the same price with the other cards not originally in the game. I was only able to buy and use The Wretched and it worked fine. I notice that those cards don't show up in bazaars along with Two-Headed Giant which was suppose to be in the game. I liked to have the Two-Headed Giant in my deck back then so I became frustrated when I didn't see it in the list. And so I thought of skipping Shandalar even with my relatively high progress and just build decks and play in the gauntlet.

When I tried running the gauntlet, it doesn't. It goes back to the desktop with an error message. So for the third time I tried reinstalling the game. This time everything in the game now works but the new cards are no longer to be seen. My heart sank and so I tried countless time to deliberately mess up in installing so that I can the messed-up version with all the cards in Shandalar and then put it someplace else and then have another installation with a working gauntlet. It's not happening. I tried searched the web for answers to no avail. I end up giving up on the game until I happen to visit this site a few years ago.

Now it may seem like I'm pulling your leg or just making everything up but I swear I'm not. Sadly I only have words and that exciting but short-lived experience to back everything up. I skipped classes back then just to play it. I'm not a coder or programmer or a big techie or anything so that's all I can say about it. I hope someone can look up the 1.32 installation in a very old non-Second Edition Win98 and take it from there, see what made it tick and probably we can then have new cards in Shandalar too (again for me).
Eviscerator

Return to Installation and Troubleshooting