Text Size

Manalink Portable Light Edition

Downloads, Guides , General Support
PLEASE "SEARCH" BEFORE YOU POST!

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

Manalink Portable Light Edition

Postby scythe000 » 07 May 2009, 21:10

Anybody interested in this?

I'm tweaking the game so it only has the solo duel files, no audio or avi files. I've already gotten it down to 134 megs rather than the 279 megs for the full rip.

The idea is to have a lightweight fast version to run solo duels against the AI from a thumb drive. I think I'd be interested in updating the backgrounds and artwork to look better at higher resolutions as well.

If there's interest, I'll go full tilt with this.
scythe000

Re: Manalink Portable Light Edition

Postby :o) » 07 May 2009, 23:44

It's a nice idea. Please go ahead!
:o)

Postby scythe000 » 08 May 2009, 00:22

Anybody know what program I need to view the .pic files?
scythe000

Postby scythe000 » 08 May 2009, 01:51

Currently down to 127MB, 2,945 files. Of course, just the CardArtNew folder has 2,151 files in it, and is 55.4 MB, so that's not going to change. :-)
scythe000

Postby 0rion79 » 08 May 2009, 09:28

scythe000 wrote:Anybody know what program I need to view the .pic files?
I think that mathusalem is having the same problem and that a solution has not been found yet
0rion79

Postby jatill » 08 May 2009, 12:22

scythe000 wrote:Currently down to 127MB, 2,945 files. Of course, just the CardArtNew folder has 2,151 files in it, and is 55.4 MB, so that's not going to change. :-)
You can at least get rid of alternate arts, and just use 1 art per card. That could save up to half the space.
jatill
DEVELOPER

Postby scythe000 » 08 May 2009, 16:30

Hrm, but I really like all the art, lol. We may have to fork the project :-)

Right now, I'm at 122MB, 2,902 files.
scythe000

Postby mathusalem » 08 May 2009, 17:02

scythe000 wrote:Anybody know what program I need to view the .pic files?
Hello scythe.
We have delved into that matter to upgrade the skin. GMZombie has managed to open some of those .pic files ans I have used that to make some newer images for the duel part of the game.
The pic files that Zombie has been able to open are available in this thread through a link on to his server.

http://www.slightlymagic.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=961

The images I have done are available in the graphic sticky through this URL http://www.slightlymagic.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=888

Needless to say, I'm quite intersted in the graphic part of your project, because the thing that we need at the moment is to tell the game to load my images instead of the .pic file. if you know how to find that in the exe, we will make a great step forward to change the look of the game and give a more modern feel.
as you will see, I have made images in two formats (bmp and png) so you are welcome to use any format that suits you best.

The images I have made are test images. I wait to carry on on this task (create some new stuff) for someone to make these pics useful. so you are very welcome to download the pics and test away. :)
mathusalem

Postby scythe000 » 08 May 2009, 23:26

So, I've been learning a lot about this. Some interesting things, like in the ShellArt folder, I noticed that there were files with the same name, but one is a .bmp and one is a .pic. These files are for the menu backgrounds and such. If I delete the .bmps, the game can't display them, but if I delete the .pics, nothing bad happens. Sweet.

Down to 119 MB, 2,796 files.

BTW, absolutely beautiful playmats and replacement images, mathusalem! I really hope we can eventually implement these. I figure, we should be able to swap out the BMPs in the menus easily, though. Wanna take a crack at it?

EDIT:

Ok, here's a download link:
http://rapidshare.com/files/230789476/M ... e.rar.html

118MB, 2,791 files. I think that's as small as it gets. 102MB RAR'ed.
scythe000

Postby 0rion79 » 09 May 2009, 06:38

Hi, since you are going so good in resizing the game, may I ask a question? Do you have any idea about why the game does not "see" the sealed deck victory movie even if it is correctly located inside the game folder?

Also, how can I change my name and e-mail address with which I have installed the game? Are they marked inside Windows Registry?
0rion79

Postby mathusalem » 09 May 2009, 07:29

scythe000 wrote:So, I've been learning a lot about this. Some interesting things, like in the ShellArt folder, I noticed that there were files with the same name, but one is a .bmp and one is a .pic. These files are for the menu backgrounds and such. If I delete the .bmps, the game can't display them, but if I delete the .pics, nothing bad happens. Sweet.

Down to 119 MB, 2,796 files.

BTW, absolutely beautiful playmats and replacement images, mathusalem! I really hope we can eventually implement these. I figure, we should be able to swap out the BMPs in the menus easily, though. Wanna take a crack at it?

EDIT:

Ok, here's a download link:
http://rapidshare.com/files/230789476/M ... e.rar.html

118MB, 2,791 files. I think that's as small as it gets. 102MB RAR'ed.
The bmps in the Shellart folder as those in the card art folder may have been created by Mok (the original modder of the game) when he upgraded to manalink 1.32
Scythe, I'm sure swapping those bmps is very easy....for someone who knows how to do these things. And the reason why made those images available just as test mages is that I can't.
I hope you do know how to do it.
just between us if I could choose between format. I'd say the png is better. bmp is already an old nearly obsolete format. png is more modern and accepts transparencies :that may come in handy xhen create new buttons for the shell menu.
mathusalem

Postby scythe000 » 09 May 2009, 07:44

Orion79:
The sealed deck victory issue could be a few things. It may be that it is using a different codec than the other movies that no longer works in your version of windows. It oculd be the movie file has been corrupted in some way.

Yes, it does store some of that info in the registry. See the attached .reg file (inside a .zip file). Edit the existing name and email address to whatever you want.

Mathusalem:

Some of those images may have been made by him, some definitely must not have been. I can delete almost none of either the .pic or .bmp files in the CardArt folder, even if they have the same name, without the game having problems.

PNG is definitely better, especially for the lossless data compression and transparency features. If anyone want to read up more on it, see here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.png

I do not believe we can implement reading of .pngs from inside the program without some sort of png library. This would probably require modification, addition or replacement of the Cartartlib.dll and the Drawcardlib.dll files.

Then again IANAP, so I may be completely wrong.
Attachments
Magic.zip
(637 Bytes) Downloaded 293 times
scythe000

Postby scythe000 » 15 Jun 2009, 03:30

jesica wrote:You agree that “Collectible Card Game Headquarters” have the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic at any time should we see fit. As a user you agree to any information you have entered to being stored in a database
sonnerie portable gratuite
Excuse me? Oh, it's a hackbot. Lame.
scythe000

Postby CirothUngol » 15 Jun 2009, 23:52

@Orion79

I use the UnderDogs MtG Install, and I've never had an issue with Sealed Deck Movie. Do you have the file "WinSealedTournament.avi" in the directory "Exp1art"?
"I thought the day had brought enough horrors for our ragged band, but the night was far worse."
-Lucilde Fiksdotter

Shandalar 2012 Revisited
Magic: The Gathering Abandonware
CirothUngol
Programmer

Postby aww1979 » 16 Jun 2009, 05:42

If you wanted to go REALLY light I suppose you could include no art at all. The game would still definitely work, but that may be further than you are willing to sacrifice, and I'm not sure how much space you'd save anyway.
aww1979
Tester

Next

Return to Installation and Troubleshooting