Text Size

manalink MAC?

Downloads, Guides , General Support
PLEASE "SEARCH" BEFORE YOU POST!

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

manalink MAC?

Postby purklefluff » 21 May 2009, 19:54

heyhey.

after some extensive looking around and trawling through the forum pages i still can't actually figure out whether this program can work on MAC!

i seem to remember the original game having a mac version, but i could be wrong?

i also assumed that because it was coded in C it could potentially work, but i'm a complete coding novice so again, i'm probably wrong.

please, somebody enlighten me =). the wiki pages and general forum stickies should have an "about this program" section, including system requirements and what the program actually does/how it works/what it looks like.

anyway, yeah. catch you all later.
purklefluff

Re: manalink MAC?

Postby Chris H. » 21 May 2009, 20:31

purklefluff wrote:heyhey.

after some extensive looking around and trawling through the forum pages i still can't actually figure out whether this program can work on MAC!
Your Mac will need to be fairly recent and use the Intel, not the PowerPC processor.

You will need to acquire and install MS Windows on a patrician or another hard drive and use boot camp. Another option is to use one of several virtualization applications.

I recently visited CodeWeavers' CrossOver - Wine web site and they stated that this game has not yet been tested. It may work or it may not. And if it does work, there may be some problems.
Chris H.
Forge Moderator

Postby mathusalem » 22 May 2009, 07:42

regarding the C part. the game is not in C, only sme recent cards have been added in C , but the core of the came still isn't
mathusalem

Postby purklefluff » 25 May 2009, 00:15

thanks =).

i've come to the general conclusion that if i want a decent computer-based magic experience, i'd probably have to dual boot my mac anyway.

i did have a "legal" (well... sort of) copy of XP somewhere..... lol.... that was quite a while ago.

see you round, peeps.
purklefluff

Postby joseluiselblanco » 09 Nov 2021, 18:47

Hi, using that old threat to find if there's any solution to play on mac?
joseluiselblanco

Return to Installation and Troubleshooting