It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 21:56

Text Size

Can't create a DirectPlay session on that service provider.

Downloads, Guides , General Support
PLEASE "SEARCH" BEFORE YOU POST!

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Can't create a DirectPlay session on that service provid

Postby stassy » 16 Jun 2015, 06:39

Unfortunately the only way I found is to create a virtual network in order to trick the game both players are in the same network (if you want to play online or use IP).

Aswan Jaguar and I used Hamachi in order to do successfully do this.
stassy

Postby travolter » 11 May 2019, 08:19

Yesterday I found in manalink 1.3.2 and 2.0 that all the connection problems reading
"Can't create a DirectPlay session on that service provid" are produced by a problem with the VPN service that you are using.

Yesterday was impossible to connect 2 computers at home. I always used teamviewer VPN connection to connect computers and play manalink, but yesterday was impossible (error 009 directplay). I though about broken files in manalink folder, but the problem was that maybe VPN was saturated, full of connections, low ping, etc.. I tested other VPN service and manalink online worked again.

I can confirm that it is not a problem of OS. Yesterday I played online with 3 different OS: vista/7 and 10. In 10 remember that you need to enable legacy components in windows 10 features to enable directplay.

Its a pity that manalink 3 cannt be played online (game ends at the begining of the turn), but hey!! you can try ver 1.3.2 or 2.0 and play with the oldschool cards ;)
travolter

Postby travolter » 11 May 2019, 19:53

easy to use VPN to play manalink in 2019---> "Radmin VPN"
travolter

Previous

Return to Installation and Troubleshooting