Text Size

Really confusing now ...

Downloads, Guides , General Support
PLEASE "SEARCH" BEFORE YOU POST!

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

Really confusing now ...

Postby VladVoivode » 16 Feb 2014, 14:30

Hi all,

Thanks for the latest update, but, now nothing is working. When I start a game, the card images are there but there is no text. So, I deleted everything and tried a fresh reinstall of Manalink 3. I tried four different archives and still the same result. Before this update, Manalink was fine.

I realize it's a pain, but would somebody be so kind as to list what I need to do in order to get all of this to work? I love this program and would really miss it. :)

Assume that I have never ever downloaded or Manalink 3.0 ever.

Thanks in advance all!!

Keep tapping,
Vlad
VladVoivode

Re: Really confusing now ...

Postby stassy » 16 Feb 2014, 16:09

Did you reboot after patch update? :D
stassy

Postby Korath » 16 Feb 2014, 16:22

The other thing that's sometimes been reported to work is to install the fonts system-wide. In most versions of windows, you can do that by right-clicking each of the ttf files and selecting "Install".
Korath
DEVELOPER

Postby VladVoivode » 16 Feb 2014, 17:47

Hi Korath and Stassy,

I am going to try once more trying the reboot thing. Hoping that my stupid forgetting of the rule to always reboot after reinstalling works! :oops:

When Sonic's instructions state to replace the CardArtManalink folder, I am assuming he means to delete it completely and replace it with the new one rather than overwriting the contents of the older one?

Thanks for the quick replies Korath and Stassy!

Best,
Vlad
VladVoivode

Postby stassy » 17 Feb 2014, 04:02

It depend on what patch you are using, if you are just one patch behind you can just use the new patch cardimage archive and overwrite, if not it is indeed best to delete your current image folder and replace it with whole Sonic archives.
stassy

Postby VladVoivode » 18 Feb 2014, 13:47

Hi all,

Game is working but strangely, about 20 cards images are missing that were present before. The folder shows the but they don't show up in game. The text is there but no art work. I am going to try to extract these elsewhere and copy them in.

Thanks for all the work you do to keep this great game going!!

Best,
Vlad
VladVoivode

Postby Fizanko » 18 Feb 2014, 14:49

I had missing images on several cards that had them before i applied the new patch.

I found out that i didn't noticed there was a February 2014 update for the cards, applying that, then rebooting fixed those missing images (without rebooting i was still seeing the images missing) , and in case you forgot it, apply the january card update just before too :

probably outdated by now so you should avoid : Innistrad world for Forge (updated 17/11/2014)
Duel Decks for Forge - Forge custom decks (updated 25/10/2014)
Fizanko
Tester

Postby VladVoivode » 19 Feb 2014, 00:32

Fizanko wrote:I had missing images on several cards that had them before i applied the new patch.

I found out that i didn't noticed there was a February 2014 update for the cards, applying that, then rebooting fixed those missing images (without rebooting i was still seeing the images missing) , and in case you forgot it, apply the january card update just before too :

Hi Fizanko,

Thanks. I tried that and the card art that is missing are the AEther cards. They are still missing. They show in the deckbuilder with the proper names but no artwork. When I look in the CardArtManalink directory, the art work for these cards are there. Strange as these have been around awhile if I remember correctly.

I appreciate your trying to help; this is a great community. Ah well, the card art really adds to the atmosphere but, what's more important is the game. :)

The only thing that I might be doing wrong is applying the patches. I seem to remember Sonic stating that the naming convention changed with the January release, so maybe I missed a step or I am applying the updates incorrectly?

Keep tapping!

Vlad
VladVoivode

Postby Korath » 19 Feb 2014, 01:07

Yes. From the patch post:
Sonic wrote:Important Card Art File Changes - YOU MUST READ THIS

As of the January 2014 patch the card art file naming convention has been changed. Due to this change if your currently installed ‘CardArtManalink’ folder and card artwork is older than the January 2014 patch release it will need to be replaced with those in the archives posted in the links further down this post - BEFORE installing this months card art update files.
If you really, really don't want to redownload all the artwork, you can fix the old files by manually renaming them. Anything in a card's name that's not a letter, number, comma, apostrophe, hyphen, or space gets replaced with an underscore. So the art for Æther Flash should be named "_ther Flash.jpg" and "_ther Flash (1).jpg". But unless you're behind a very slow network connection, I recommend just redownloading the art files.
Korath
DEVELOPER

Postby VladVoivode » 19 Feb 2014, 01:31

Korath wrote:Yes. From the patch post:
Sonic wrote:Important Card Art File Changes - YOU MUST READ THIS

As of the January 2014 patch the card art file naming convention has been changed. Due to this change if your currently installed ‘CardArtManalink’ folder and card artwork is older than the January 2014 patch release it will need to be replaced with those in the archives posted in the links further down this post - BEFORE installing this months card art update files.
If you really, really don't want to redownload all the artwork, you can fix the old files by manually renaming them. Anything in a card's name that's not a letter, number, comma, apostrophe, hyphen, or space gets replaced with an underscore. So the art for Æther Flash should be named "_ther Flash.jpg" and "_ther Flash (1).jpg". But unless you're behind a very slow network connection, I recommend just redownloading the art files.
Hi Korath,

In the art files, there is already an underscore so even redownloading the files won't help. (I still have them of course and thankfully I do have a very fast internet connection - one of the few things I like about Holland).

Maybe I am installing the patches incorrectly? I have been extracting them to the Manalink directory I created, but, I've noticed that during the extraction, jZip is asking if I want to replace any files. Gah, I feel so stupid! I read the instructions again on installing patches since it seems that the artwork isn't the problem.

I really appreciate everyone's help! The work everyone has put into this game has been nothing short ofn phenomenal and the community has been very patient and helpful! :)

If I had a mint condition Black Lotus for you folks I would mail them! (I'm not rich nor lucky, so, a virtual pint for all)!
VladVoivode

Postby Aswan jaguar » 19 Feb 2014, 05:00

When you are asked if you want to replace the files with the new ones always say ,YES.
---
Trying to squash some bugs and playtesting.
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Postby VladVoivode » 19 Feb 2014, 14:15

Aswan jaguar wrote:When you are asked if you want to replace the files with the new ones always say ,YES.
Hi Aswan Jaguar,

LOL Yes I know that. I was extracting the files but to the wrong part of the directory tree. Last night I extracted the files to a separate location then copied them. Images work and the game works nicely!

I really wish I could help out with Manalink! I am not a programmer, but I have offered to create new sound files for Forge, but, the sounds in Manalink are already excellent! If there IS a way I can help out please let me know?

Perhaps I could my writing skills to work? I have a Master's degree in Instructional Design and Curriculum and Instruction. In addition to creating interactive materials for learning, this sort of degree also requires the ability to write in a technical but learner accessible manner.

I am also a graphic artist but, again, such a skill isn't really needed for Manalink.

Anyhow, if there is any way I CAN help, please, to all of devs, do not hesitate to ask! :)

Cheers all!!

Vlad
VladVoivode

Postby stassy » 19 Feb 2014, 17:34

VladVoivode wrote:Anyhow, if there is any way I CAN help, please, to all of devs, do not hesitate to ask! :)
Report bugs
Make new sounds for each cards
Make custom UI like this one or this one
Make custom Avatar like this one

There are a lot of things modable for ML, we are always welcoming helping hand for everything :mrgreen:
stassy

Return to Installation and Troubleshooting