It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 06:34

Text Size

[Manalink 3.0]MagicCustom.exe crash

Downloads, Guides , General Support
PLEASE "SEARCH" BEFORE YOU POST!

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

[Manalink 3.0]MagicCustom.exe crash

Postby Adaon » 18 Mar 2014, 11:49

I've just been trying to install Manalink 3.0 with Sarlack's graphics mods and the updated deck editor on Windows 7; everything but the deck editor seems to be working fine.

I followed the installation instructions for the deck editor (...I think...), but MagicCustom.exe keeps giving me an error message:

Code: Select all
The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000005). Click OK to close the application.
Also, the wiki page made it sound like I should have a "DeckEditor.exe"; I don't, just Deck.exe, which launches the standard deck editor. The file I downloaded (deck_editor_1_time.zip) only contains two .exe files: MagicCustom.exe and something called magicC.exe which has a size of 0 bytes according to Windows Explorer and won't run.

Does anyone know how I can get the fancy new deck editor working, and if not how I can filter cards (e.g. not display Vanguard Avatars and Handicap Cards, etc.)?
Adaon

Re: [Manalink 3.0]MagicCustom.exe crash

Postby Aswan jaguar » 18 Mar 2014, 13:54

Code: Select all
Adaon wrote:
I followed the installation instructions for the deck editor (...I think...), but MagicCustom.exe keeps giving me an error message:
In fact what are you trying to do is obsolete,that deck editor and magiccustom.exe are no longer needed.They were needed in the past because we couldn't have more than 2000 cards in a single Magic.exe and by using that editor and magiccustom.exe you could decide which 2000 cards to have in magiccustom.exe.
Although that deck editor has some filters and options that the ingame one doesn't have but unfortunately it isn't updated to read the new files.
---
Trying to squash some bugs and playtesting.
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Postby Adaon » 19 Mar 2014, 19:30

Ah. So there's no way to, for example, filter cards by set or filter out the not-actually-card cards like the Planes, the handicaps and the like?
Adaon

Postby Aswan jaguar » 19 Mar 2014, 19:51

You can filter by set.left click on the 8 expansion button and then click on the menu "tournament format/expansion where you can select to filter by set or play format.
You can't filter out the Planes,handicaps unfortunately.
---
Trying to squash some bugs and playtesting.
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Return to Installation and Troubleshooting