Text Size

Manalink 3 Multiplayer Online Games

Downloads, Guides , General Support
PLEASE "SEARCH" BEFORE YOU POST!

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

Manalink 3 Multiplayer Online Games

Postby Xenocyde » 05 May 2014, 14:18

Hi guys,

I found how to activate the Multiplayer Gem in Manalink 3. However, I'm not sure how to facilitate the connection. Say I have ML3 installed on my PC and a friend has it on his PC. How exactly do we connect through the gem? Does this work with the latest April version? Would a program like Hamachi help?
Xenocyde

Re: Manalink 3 Multiplayer Online Games

Postby Aswan jaguar » 05 May 2014, 18:23

I have never established a connection through the internet only through a LAN but what I have heard through years is that you can only do that using a program like Hamachi and then follow the instructions on wiki Manalink 2.0 for playing over the net:
http://www.slightlymagic.net/wiki/Multi ... r_Internet

and then use the instructions on this topic for instrunctions on how to start a game through lan(ONLY the ones to start the game don't change of course again your edited Manalink ini changes for internet to one for lan)
viewtopic.php?f=56&t=7002
The LAN instructions sure are working since both me and Stassy made it working.
Please post how you did it when you manage to run it.
---
Trying to squash some bugs and playtesting.
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Postby Xenocyde » 05 May 2014, 18:32

Thanks for info. The second thread you mentioned presents the fact that specific cards might crash Manalink3 in multiplayer games. Was this fixed by any chance in later version like the April patch?
Xenocyde

Postby Aswan jaguar » 05 May 2014, 18:50

Nobody else has mentioned anything or worked specifically on playing on internet so mostly no.Expect to have lots of crashes although things are going to be a little better (hopefully a lot better) as Korath found the reason why some? at least cards crash the game and fixes them when he come across them.

Korath said:
The biggest stumbling block is all the places in C where a choice is forbidden to the AI - it doesn't just forbid them to the AI, it forbids them to player #1, even if that's a human in a multiplayer game, or a human's controlling the choice. (Probably the largest reason why multiplayer is broken; one of the cards doing this is the Rules Engine.) I've been replacing these by an IS_AI() macro as I've noticed them, but there's still hundreds of instances to go.
---
Trying to squash some bugs and playtesting.
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Postby Xenocyde » 05 May 2014, 19:10

I see. Well, I'll be testing Commander decks with various old and new cards and I could make a list of those cards that still crash the game.
Xenocyde

Return to Installation and Troubleshooting