It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 15:07

Text Size

Challenge Crashes

Downloads, Guides , General Support
PLEASE "SEARCH" BEFORE YOU POST!

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

Challenge Crashes

Postby Stormfury » 13 Aug 2014, 19:25

Sorry Ozks, but I don't like your version, with the challenges all unlocked and the custom graphics.

So anyway, I downloaded Korath's Portals to Theros full MLv3 version, installed, updated with his latest JOU version, installed all the cardart updates, and everything seems to run fine, EXCEPT certain areas of the challenges. Specifically Challenge 1-2 Vanguard Avatars. The 3rd battle always crashes out on my when it tries to change my deck. I've noticed that other challenges hang up as well, but can't remember exactly which ones.

I never had this problem with CirithUngol's MLv3, and I was able to complete that match, but as I wanted additional cards to use, I had updated beyond his release. Now I find myself torn between wanting to do the challenges, and having cool cards to work with.

Has anyone else had any of these issues? Did I miss something between Portals and Journey? Do I need to install all the version updates? Did something else break the challenges?

Note: At first when that challenge crashed, I used to get an ingame error that said something like 'Challenge:13 Something: 15'. Now it just crashes with Manalink v2.00 Alpha has crashed. If anyone can shine a light on this, I'm open to anything.

*edit* Found another, Magic the Puzzling just hangs. Looking at some of the code for challenge_mode, something doesn't seem right. I'll try to compare it with Cirith's if I can.
Last edited by Stormfury on 13 Aug 2014, 20:37, edited 1 time in total.
Stormfury

Re: Challenge Crashes

Postby ozks » 13 Aug 2014, 20:37

if you dont like my version, thats okay. for future references you dont have to download again, just install another Graphic Mod
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=7203
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=9071

and about challenges unlocked: mea culpa (i forget erase that thing) i need reupload again

Challenges crash: i think Sonic is working on that

Edit: PM send check the left side of your screen
Last edited by ozks on 13 Aug 2014, 20:50, edited 1 time in total.
ozks

Postby Stormfury » 13 Aug 2014, 20:40

Actually, if you can just tell me where to change the code for the challenges being unlocked, I can just do that. Thanks for the info about the graphics mods, though.

So the Challenges thing is already a known issue? It seemed like it worked well before, I wonder what happened. Do yours work, or do they seem broken as well?
Stormfury

Postby ozks » 13 Aug 2014, 20:53

1.- i just send you a pm on how delete the challenges unlocked
2.- i don't know i think introduced more cards and challenges "Back to 95"
ozks

Postby Aswan jaguar » 14 Aug 2014, 14:24

As development is constant and moreover we don't have the source code Devs when fixing an issue sometimes they break others.So it is good to search if a bug report has been made about your issue and if not make one to make the problem known.
For the challenge Challenge 1-2 Vanguard Vengeance it is a known issue but no dev worked on it or just not replied yet to that bug report.
For Magic the Puzzling challenge that you say it hangs,there is not a bug report about this bug so you can report it in the bugs forum.
Please also read this on how to report bugs: viewtopic.php?f=86&t=4012

Also another suggestion could be to use 2 different versions of Manalink.Store them to different paths and then you can have 1 locked and you can enjoy playing the challenges with it.And you can have the other with the most recent cards to play with.
---
Trying to squash some bugs and playtesting.
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Postby Stormfury » 15 Aug 2014, 13:09

Aswan, thanks for the additional information. I think I'm going to run a few different versions / patches to see where stuff may have been breaking. I've also been looking through some of the source code, so once I have a better handle on how everything works, I'll see if I can make some adjustments to challenge_mode to fix it. I'll report back if I notice anything glaringly obvious.
Stormfury

Postby Stormfury » 15 Aug 2014, 20:13

Well, I found part of the issue. I installed Portals to Theros and didn't update to JOU. No crash in Vanguard Vengeance this time. So either there's an issue with the update patch, or it could be that I didn't run PDA. Either way, I think I'll just stick with the PTT update. Thanks for all the help, guys.
Stormfury

Return to Installation and Troubleshooting