It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 01:46

Text Size

New patch installation troubles

Downloads, Guides , General Support
PLEASE "SEARCH" BEFORE YOU POST!

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

New patch installation troubles

Postby GreenGimp » 06 Jan 2015, 03:02

I downloaded manalink 3.0, updated all of the manalink card art files and the game was running great! I downloaded the commander 2014 update/patch (dec 2014) then moved all of the files from the update folder (everything but the folder aside from the playdeck folder) to the program folder in the manalink 3.0 folder. When it asked to replace the existing files I said yes.

I first checked the deck editor to see if it added the new cards and it did.

When I played a match everything was fine except I could not see any of the cards in my hand, when an opponent would play a card the card did not show up on the game table, it would show up sometimes in the viewer to the left and no matter what color the card was it would show up as a silver card (artifact)

* I noticed that there is a file that says patch, when I click on it and asked me if I want to patch limited or custom (do I supposed to even bother with this?)

* did I install the patch right?

* if I install the latest patch, do I have to go back and install any previous patches? I.e. The nov 2014 patch

Great work, great game any help would be appreciated
Attachments
image.jpg
GreenGimp

Re: New patch installation troubles

Postby Nexhro » 06 Jan 2015, 03:43

Hello GreenGimp,

to answer your questions:

1) No, you don't need to execute anything in order to patch the game, meaning Patch.exe should be left untouched.

2) From what I can read in your post, you seem to have installed it correctly. Just to make sure:

You downloaded the latest patch archive, named "Manalink-3-20141220-COMM2014.rar", right?
You unpacked that and got a folder named "Manalink-3-20141220-COMM2014"?
You then copied that folder's contents - all of it except for the Playdeck folder to your Manalink/Program folder and overwrote all duplicate files when asked whether you wanted to do so?
You followed Sonic's instructions regarding the installation of artwork updates on Manalink versions older than Jan 2014 (i.e. you deleted the /Program/CardArtManalink folder, downloaded all listed CardArt update archives, extracted those archives' cotents and moved the extracted image files to the /CardArtManalink folder)?

If the answer is yes in each case, then yes, you did it correctly.

3) No, the latest patch will suffice.

What version/distribution of Manalink did you download?
Did you execute Patch.exe prior to experiencing these glitches?

I recommend using either CirothUngol's or Korath's Manalink distribution (those two are stable and come with no or very basic graphic mods) and patch it from there - just make sure to run the "Install_Me_First!.cmd" right after extracting the respective distribution, then delete the CardArtManalink folder and get all CardArt updates listed in the instructions (‘2012_CardArtManalink.zip - CardArtManalink_ Nov2014) from below the list of added alternative artworks plus the current CardArt update, "CardArtManalink_December 2014" and install them in the correct order.
Nexhro

Postby GreenGimp » 06 Jan 2015, 05:00

I'm using the cirothungol ml3 vr. I just tried to use the November updated with the same results. The game runs great if I do not install a patch. The glitches happen as soon as I install the patch.

* it does not show the cards that I have in my hand nor does it show the cards on the play table, it does however show that card in the picture in picture as it's being played as well as the viewer to the left. Lands and artifacts look fine in the viewer any other card will show an artifact frame.

* I installed the patch exactly as you described.

* the count for my cardarymanalink is 13,933
GreenGimp

Postby Nexhro » 06 Jan 2015, 05:21

No clue where those extra 40 artwork files are from. According to Sonic, the count should be 13893 - I have 13894 for some reason. I somehow doubt that's the problem, though.

I also don't know what version "cirothungol ml3 vr. I" is. The version I was referring to is extracted from the file "Manalink3.0_20130105v2_Complete.7z". That's also what I've been using and the latest patch works like a charm.

I know it's quite the hassle to go through the motions, but have you checked whether Korath's Portals to Theros distribution works on your system?
Would also be interesting to know (and easier to test) if ozks's archive works prior to patching it, since that one already uses the new cardart structure out of the box. If it does, there must be something wrong with your patching procedure, unless the last few patches came with a fundamental change of engine code, which I find hard to believe. You haven't deleted the actual "CardArt" folder, have you? Stuff like card frames and such are stored there, so it's not unlikely that said folder is the cause of your trouble.

This whole issue sounds quite unusual and I have the feeling that the patches themselves are not the source of it. Stuff like antivirus software, desktop themes etc. can pretty much be excluded too, since the game runs prior to patching. Could still be something related to the version you're using.
Nexhro

Postby GreenGimp » 06 Jan 2015, 06:06

Yes I used the "Manalink Complete.7z" as well as the Korath and they did not work with the patch for me (Worked great before the patch) I just used the oaks May 2014 update Journey into nyx vir and updated the manalink card art files then used the Dec patch and it worked for this vir!

Thanks for the help!
GreenGimp

Postby ozks » 23 Oct 2017, 11:33

hi every one, recently i wanted to play this game again and wonder if my links still works and still runing.
I dindt know if it was going to work on windows 10 but it works. now i wanna know if this proyect still alive?
ozks

Return to Installation and Troubleshooting