It is currently 29 Apr 2024, 00:30

Text Size

Multiplayer dueling

Downloads, Guides , General Support
PLEASE "SEARCH" BEFORE YOU POST!

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Multiplayer dueling

Postby Wokoko » 06 Nov 2009, 16:23

In order to play with my friend, I have to connect via Hamachi right? in the Manalink.ini, I know I have to change my [Server= to my hamachi IP address]. But what about my friend? Does he use his own hamachi IP or my IP address in the [Server= column]. One more thing, after the IPs are set. If im hosting, my friend needs to click "join" and enter my IP address right ?

Sorry for posting dumb questions. Help would be appreciated.

Thank you :)
Wokoko

Postby Yaki » 07 Nov 2009, 17:56

Wokoko wrote:In order to play with my friend, I have to connect via Hamachi right? in the Manalink.ini, I know I have to change my [Server= to my hamachi IP address]. But what about my friend? Does he use his own hamachi IP or my IP address in the [Server= column]. One more thing, after the IPs are set. If im hosting, my friend needs to click "join" and enter my IP address right ?

Sorry for posting dumb questions. Help would be appreciated.

Thank you :)
Setting IP address in Manalink.ini is not necessary at all - as long as you have "Autoconnect" disabled in Manalink gem preferences. The only important setting is "Port=27500" so that both host listens on it and client connects to it. Everything else you mentioned is ok.
Yaki

Postby bla » 25 Jul 2010, 23:06

I'm trying to get this to work:

my friend and I installed hamachi
I create a network and he joins
we start magic, choose tcp/ip
I host and he joins with my hamachi ip
I can see him in the list and vice-versa
when I invite him and have the box telling me I'm i'm waiting for acceptance he sees the a white header saying he has to choose manalink dialogue and choose accept
the only dialogue box I see is the one on the bottom with the "delete purge options" next to it but nothing shows up there, we can't even select it
I probably missing something obvious...

He has a copy past of my magic folder
I have windows 7 and he's on xp.

Any tips?
bla

Postby bla » 05 Aug 2010, 16:03

Guys, a little help please.

I tried connecting to manalink network on hamachi and I even see users online.
But when I try to connect via tcp/ip by doing "join" either with a network member's ip or by typing "manalink" I get the "can't create direct session".

Any help would be apreciated
bla

Postby Lostsoul » 08 Aug 2010, 03:19

Hi bla..

What channel are you in hamachi.. I am having the same problem :(
"Everything has an END!"
Lostsoul

Postby Kizsde » 09 Aug 2010, 11:20

Did you run the "no-serial.reg" file before trying to host/join?
Kizsde

Postby bla » 10 Aug 2010, 19:53

I ran no_serial.reg to no avail.
I connected successfully to manalink and manalink1 on hamachi but when I got to the gamne the result was the same. Maybe no one is hosting? I tried hosting but there was no one there.
The strange thing is when I created an hamachi network and tried to host/join with a friend it worked (even before no_serial.reg) up until the point of invitation where i couldn't see the "accept invitation" button/dialogue box.
Maybe somebody could post a screenshot of that.
Regarding the channels maybe we can arrange a time to try that?
bla

Postby Kizsde » 11 Aug 2010, 08:25

For the duel invitation accept issue...did the person who is invited double-click on the little text line in the manalink window under the buttons? (the text says something like "XXX has invited you to a duel").

There is no specific button for the duel invitation accept, only after you double click that text line will you be given the option to accept or decline the duel.

For the Hamachi thing, I'm not sure what the problem might be, I would say it's a firewall/router problem.
Kizsde

Postby Lostsoul » 17 Aug 2010, 09:47

Let's have a schedule when to used hamachi.. please!! :)
"Everything has an END!"
Lostsoul

Postby bla » 17 Aug 2010, 12:55

Lostsoul, I will leave hamachi turned on. I'm connect to manalink and manalink1. My name there is canbe, but we still have the issue of compatible versions. I have the updates before the last one with the eldrazi.

The invitation thing is still a mistery. I'm pretty sure I didn't see anything on the manaklink window when I was invited, but I that was some time ago and I haven't had anyone to try again with.
bla

Postby aZaX » 24 Aug 2010, 00:48

hi i just enterd your manalinkchannel on hamachi and i can see Gotteshand and you (canbe).i tried to write a message over the hamachichat but both of u didnt answer :-( i think its not a connection prob, because the little liths next to your names are the whole time green. did u get my chatmessages? my name is/was Troubadix..... hope this will help.
aZaX

Postby maka » 10 Oct 2010, 17:37

hey,i have a problem: everything goes fine, i choose if i wanna play or draw first, but when i finish my first turn, the game ends because it says that the opponent has no cards left in the library. any idea what it could be?
maka

Postby foolosopher » 22 Oct 2010, 16:53

that error usually happens if you have different manalink versions. Also from what I've read the last correctly working multiplayer version is from March 2009, so that may be causing you problems. Try using that version
I long for the time where one man could make a difference...
foolosopher

Postby yanagikido » 04 Mar 2011, 03:22

Hello guys,
Im new here, and I was wondering if there is a new link for the multiplayer patch, the link in the wiki is broken, mediafire is saying the file was deleted.
Thanks in advance for the help, good work guys!
yanagikido

Postby Salbei » 19 Mar 2011, 06:33

Played Manalink 2.0 with my neighbor yesterday (TCP/IP LAN,we both ran the SCV version patched to march 2k11).

Was actually quite surprised how smooth it went. We had 2 different operation systems - but those didn´t seem to cause problems for us.
We found each other on the network without any delay after using the WIKI tutorial (except the patching in there).So pretty much just the "reg" file was needed (should be present at the SCV i think).

First we couldn´t really play (the opponent decked out immediately). After shutting down EVERYTHING at the config.txt (beside Rules Engine) we could finally play.

We just played 5 games and 4 of them crashed - was surprisingly stable though beside the crashrate.
Once i figure out which Cards to avoid a lot of those should not happen anymore.

Couple Cards that crashed our game:

Duress
Thoughtseize
Maelstorm Pulse
Spellstutter Sprite
Retired a long time ago. I will not reply.
Salbei
DEVELOPER

PreviousNext

Return to Installation and Troubleshooting