Text Size

Multiplayer dueling

Downloads, Guides , General Support
PLEASE "SEARCH" BEFORE YOU POST!

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Multiplayer dueling

Postby Dominixux » 19 Apr 2011, 14:35

Hello to All,

I have been away for... a quite a long time. :)

I have started to download patch for multiplayer and link seems to be broken
( http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?jn5nyimhqy2 ).

Could someone upload this patch again?

Thank you in advance. :)

P.S. Guys, Great Work. :)
Dominixux

Postby Salbei » 20 Apr 2011, 23:21

Multiplayer should work with the latest version, you just need to avoid certain cards - both players need to have identical versions and your config.txt needs to de-activate pretty much everything.

To be honest it is NOT really enjoyable. So i would suggest to use different software to play online.
Retired a long time ago. I will not reply.
Salbei
DEVELOPER

Postby donjuancho » 05 Mar 2012, 01:44

I tried to play via hamachi doing all that is directed to do so.
One player looses to be out of cards despite having chosen a deck.
donjuancho

Postby gsoltwedel » 15 Apr 2012, 14:36

Multi-player is not working since the Manalink 3.0 release (under Windows too). I have posted this issue several times but nobody has responded.
gsoltwedel

Postby gmzombie » 22 Apr 2012, 14:53

multi player is not working under manalink 3.0 and i dont remember the last time it was working under 2.0 to be clear though the original update to 2.0 will work online.We understand that it dosent work but i dont know if anybody can properly tackle this problem due to the game being originally coded in asm.
can I maze of ith your snowstorm?

http://home.comcast.net/~gmzombie/index.html old stuff in here. don't use this stuff right now till I get time to get back into it and readjust.
gmzombie

Postby Aswan jaguar » 10 May 2012, 14:02

gsoltwedel wrote:Multi-player is not working since the Manalink 3.0 release (under Windows too). I have posted this issue several times but nobody has responded.
Multiplayer is still working in Manalink 3.0 make sure you have everything in config.txt 0 except Rules engine=1 and of course that both PC have the exact same version installed.
Of course it still will have the same crashes and probably more with certain cards and abilities.Please post in Bug forum cards that crash in Multiplayer so we can make a list of what needs to be avoided.
---
Trying to squash some bugs and playtesting.
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Postby deepcut » 16 May 2012, 04:52

Aswan jaguar wrote:Multiplayer is still working in Manalink 3.0 make sure you have everything in config.txt 0 except Rules engine=1 and of course that both PC have the exact same version installed.
My friend and I both downloaded the same version offered here viewtopic.php?f=55&t=6401 on the forum and have the same problem reported by donjuancho that the game ends because one player apparantly has no cards.

The settings in config.txt that are set to 1 are these:
Code: Select all
// Turn debug mode ON by default
Debug:1
// Alphabetize your deck any time you look at it.
AlphabetizeDeck:1
// Make auto-decisions for some cards like Wall of Reverence and Squee
DuhMode:1
Debug mode on seems suspect, but the others sound ok. The problem is we already spent hours trying to get it to work trying several different versions.
Should I change these ?

I figured you community boffins know better than us who only just wanted to play on a whim, so it would be nice if the version offered by the boffins was configured to work with no fuss.
deepcut

Postby Aswan jaguar » 16 May 2012, 14:10

I have not tested thoroughly but Debug mode has certainly to be put from 1 to 0.But to be certain set the others from 1 to 0,too.Leave only Rules of Engine to 1.Then if doesn't work read this: viewtopic.php?f=56&t=7002#p88475
And pay attention especially to registry settings.
---
Trying to squash some bugs and playtesting.
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Postby Anaechiusz » 31 Jul 2012, 18:52

Hello there. IS there any list of Cards that should be off the play to play multiplayer duel? I search forum for it but could not find anything alike. If there is no such thing maybe someone with more experience with dueling should open a topic and made such list, i'm willing to participate in making such list.
Anaechiusz

Postby stassy » 01 Aug 2012, 05:09

Well, from what I tested so far :
Working 100%
- Basic lands
- Lands from the original game up to Duel of the Planeswalker edition (4rth, Astral, Arabian, Antiquities, Legends and the Dark), for example City of Brass or dual lands.
- Any vanilla card from any expansions
- Any creature cards from any expansions with only original game innate ability such as first strike
- Any non recoded cards from the original game up to Duel of the Planeswalker edition (4rth, Astral, Arabian, Antiquities, Legends and the Dark). There is to note that I didn't test cards unlocked by Mok. Example of recoded old cards that might not work : Zombie Master.

Not working
- Any fetch lands
- Any cards using RuleEngine or Deadbox (they will desynch the game when RuleEngine trigger)
- Special gameplay (Archenemy, Momir, Random Singleton, Planechase...)
stassy

Postby Anaechiusz » 02 Aug 2012, 19:41

THNX for quick response :)
I got errors using cards that let you search your library/ graveyard (ex. Revive (all that i used to this time) so yeah fetch is for sure crashing
More then one Karakas make all of them go graveyard
explorer's scope (druidic satchel ... i must check but i'm almoust sure) crash game.. so it looks as any card that make you watch hand or library etc.. crashes the game

If i turn off rules engine in config should it prevent the game from crash when i got (for an ex.) drifting djin ?..... i must check it and i will post if it work. It should be easyer to do so then geting cards off the deck (rules engine) manually ...
I still think that makeing card set Multiplayer-able and posting it alone would be perfect.
Anaechiusz

Postby stassy » 02 Aug 2012, 19:50

Karakas has the legendary tag so in a normal game you can't have two in the bf, so it applie also to multiplayer, this is intended and not a bug.

If you disable RuleEngine, all the not working cards won't crash multiplayer game but will do nothing else by being a permanent in play since their abilities will not trigger.

I think you can have a mostly complete list by using the old Manalink 2.0 pre 2k limit csv, most cards were working good in multiplayer I think.
stassy

Previous

Return to Installation and Troubleshooting