It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 09:59

Text Size

Shandalar and Deck works great! Magic and Manalink do not.

Downloads, Guides , General Support
PLEASE "SEARCH" BEFORE YOU POST!

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

Shandalar and Deck works great! Magic and Manalink do not.

Postby Stunrunner » 14 Sep 2015, 00:34

Hello all! I've successfully installed Shandalar with Manalink 3.0 using the very helpful instructions in this post: http://www.slightlymagic.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=76&t=17183
I'm able to play Shandalar with all of the new cards and card art and it works great! Also I can create/edit decks with Deck. But when I click on Magic or Manalink, the executable spins for a few seconds then stops. I've tried running as administrator and running under compatibility settings back to XP, with no effect. Any ideas? Running on Windows 10.
Thanks,
Justin
Stunrunner

Re: Shandalar and Deck works great! Magic and Manalink do no

Postby Aswan jaguar » 14 Sep 2015, 04:00

Stunrunner wrote: the executable spins for a few seconds then stops
Usually,from my experience that is caused by your anti-virus or firewall that is checking/stopping the program.Put Magic.exe in the exception list of your anti-virus if it doesn't work do the same with firewall.

Also which installation did you follow in case you are missing some files necessary for Manalink.3.0 =(runs through Magic.exe not Manalink.exe by the way).
---
Trying to squash some bugs and playtesting.
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Postby crazy9000 » 09 Oct 2015, 18:53

See the topic on windows 10: viewtopic.php?f=55&t=17523

Basically if you keep launching the game, it eventually runs. You can use the file I posted on page two of that thread, or just hold down the enter key until you see manalink pop up.
crazy9000

Postby lol2yomom » 08 Aug 2017, 07:32

i have tried both and cant get either ideas to work i use avg anti virus and put it into exceptions and it still doesnt work i tried making the file that crazy talks about still doesnt work ive searched all over this website for a source to fix it but i cant get either manalink,magic,or deck editor to work i have the cards in the main game but them i cant get to work i really want to play that mode though but it blocks me from using it i also tried the firewall thing still didnt work i tried tons of opitions for this and still hit a wall i have tried fixing it three days now and no luck please someone help me i really want to play with the cards in the deck creator
lol2yomom

Return to Installation and Troubleshooting