Text Size

Fresh install no text and only partial cardart

Downloads, Guides , General Support
PLEASE "SEARCH" BEFORE YOU POST!

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

Fresh install no text and only partial cardart

Postby monojoker » 03 Oct 2015, 11:32

Hi all,

Well I decided I should upgrade since I really want to put Counterspell on a stick and have Karn Liberated work correctly. What a mistake, after doing the update and refreshing the cardart I got no images AT ALL of the cards in hand and when the opponent played a card in duel it crashed the program.

So I have now tried 3 fresh installs following the steps listed:

1. Download and unrar Manalink_3.0-Update_2014-05-06.rar onto C: using default folders (tried other naming too but no difference).
2. Download and unrar Manalink-3-20150325-FR.rar onto C: and copy the contents into the folder created in step 1, confirming overwrite of files.
3. Delete CardArtManaLink folder
4. Download and unrar CardArtManalink_2012.zip into the Program folder
5. Download and unrar CardArtUpdates_2012_2014.zip - copy the contents into the Program\CardArtManalink folder created in step 4
6. Download and unrar CardArtUpdate_March2015.zip - copy the contents into the Program\CardArtManalink folder created in step 4

When I launch the program via Magic.exe or the Play_Manalink.cmd I see the following screens - initial screen is nothing like I've seen before and I see no card text and limited art. Please help, its really frustrating to "upgrade" and have issues when you (try to) follow the instructions provided :(

welcomescreen.PNG
First screen

duelscreen.PNG

file structure.PNG
monojoker

Re: Fresh install no text and only partial cardart

Postby Aswan jaguar » 03 Oct 2015, 12:56

Is magic file the file you had previously installed Manalink?
Your main file is supposed to be magic or the name you give it and everything should be there.
e.g: C/Magic/cardartmanalink,magic.exe,....etc.
From what I can see you have some files in C/Magic/... and others that should be in magic you have them in Manalink.3.0.
---
Trying to squash some bugs and playtesting.
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Postby monojoker » 03 Oct 2015, 13:18

I tried both locations/folder names hence the two folders. initially i left the default folder names and copied everything into the same main folder - the one containing magic.exe, etc. then i tried creating the folder names i remembered from the original shandalar which eas c:\magic\program. Everything ive unzipped and unrared is in both folders.

magicfolder.PNG

manalink folder.PNG

I'll attempt a fresh install again and paste the contents, etc.
monojoker

Postby monojoker » 03 Oct 2015, 14:05

OK I put everything in a c:\magic folder and its fixed the cart text issue, thanks Aswan Jaguar!

So the new main screen with the hooded guy and the plain duel background is standard? I can change the duel setup I know that but is it possible to go back to the boring old "Shandalar" style brown main screen? :)

Thanks again. Now to try and get it working on my Windows 10 Tablet - THAT will be a win :shock:
monojoker

Return to Installation and Troubleshooting