Text Size

image.dll missing

Downloads, Guides , General Support
PLEASE "SEARCH" BEFORE YOU POST!

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

image.dll missing

Postby Phliper » 19 Mar 2016, 11:20

Hi all,
I downloaded all Shandalar and Manalink files as the instructions stae, however when I try running the program, there's a message of missing image.dll file, so I can't play.
I can't find it on the forum.
Please help, thanks.
Phliper

Re: image.dll missing

Postby Phliper » 19 Mar 2016, 13:40

I found an image.dll, then it asked neroerr.dll and that was easier.
I put the files in \windows\system32 and an error appears with

"The procedure entry point LoadImage could not be located in the dynamic link library image.dll"
Phliper

Postby Korath » 19 Mar 2016, 20:04

1. The base Manalink installation package you used was either badly incomplete, or you skipped it entirely. It can't be fixed unless you say which one it was.
  2. Googling for some random dll on the net that happens to have the same name is never a good idea. It'll probably be outdated, it may have viruses or be a trojan (usually such warnings are FUD, but it's a real possibility here), or - as in this case - it may be entirely unrelated to the one you actually need. Manalink's image.dll displays graphics on the screen; it doesn't burn files to optical discs like Nero's.
Per #1, if your installation is that broken, just giving you a correct image.dll is unlikely to be helpful. Tell us what you actually did and we may be able to help you.
Korath
DEVELOPER

Postby BAgate » 19 Mar 2016, 22:23

The most common reason for missing dlls is a false positive reading from an antivirus program preventing them being extracted from the archive you downloaded. If the source was from this site, try turning your antivirus off before you unzip the archive, then once that is finished turning it back on.
Working on: housekeeping and archived reports
BAgate
Tester

Return to Installation and Troubleshooting