It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 14:12

Text Size

OBSOLETE Full manalink3.0 installation for NEW USERS

Downloads, Guides , General Support
PLEASE "SEARCH" BEFORE YOU POST!

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

OBSOLETE Full manalink3.0 installation for NEW USERS

Postby Aswan jaguar » 30 Jul 2017, 17:40

Latest patch can be found as always in patches forum and is one of the two top post in topics always. As of March 2020 we have regular releases about every two months so go there and get the latest patch.
in patches subforum:
viewforum.php?f=85

17 MARCH 2020:
Ok, guys there is a new update that has the whole program installation in one file and the cardart file in another but with all latest changes made to manalink imported and a lot more cards. Works better with windows 10.
That makes this installation obsolete so go fetch that instead "New Base Install & Bugfix"
in patches subforum:
viewforum.php?f=85

This installation 30/7/17 is made to serve new users get Manalink3.0 working because with the patches that have been removed it is almost impossible to install Manalink3.0 (it took me around 6 hours to make this working) :shock:

This is a full Manalink3.0 installation (updated till fate reforged - 2 patches behind latest = Eldritch Moon v2) for new users that install for the first time or don't have installed any of the last 2 updates.If you have installed Battle For Zendikar v2 or/and Eldritch Moon v2 don't download this it will ruin your installation.

When the new update comes, hopefully in winter you will need only to patch that update and the new cardart.

Shandalar (adventure part) doesn't work at all with this patch.

FULL MANALINK 3.0 INSTALLATION (updated till fate reforged) LINK:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/ovjfjx4zt ... _users.rar
6584 downloads so far :D

If you report any card bugs about this installation to the bug forum remember to put the correct patch in the form that is fate reforged and read before the way to report bugs.

Any installation problems about this installation have to be mentioned in this topic!

See also my post bellow on how to overcome a bug with no fast effects during combat.

14 JANUARY 2020: OBSOLETE
There is a new test build in updates forum that can be applied over this full installation and includes also the removed patches plus Commander 2016 and Kaladesh, read carefully the post:
viewtopic.php?f=85&t=29228#p241010
Last edited by Aswan jaguar on 30 Jan 2021, 12:27, edited 15 times in total.
Reason: Added info about regular new releases on top rename to obsolete
---
Trying to squash some bugs and playtesting.
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Re: Full manalink3.0 installation for NEW USERS-fate reforge

Postby Aswan jaguar » 31 Jul 2017, 06:33

I forgot to mention a bug that this version suffers from and how to overcome it:
Unfortunately, the annoying "no fast effect during combat" bug is still here, I'll state it again for newbies:
currently, you can't use activated abilities during combat unless you've an Instant in hand.
To avoid this problem, follow these steps:
1 - The first time you load the game and play the first duel as soon as the duel begins you have to put a STOP to BOTH attack phases (so that will give you the chance to put stops "fast effects assign attackers" and "fast effects assign blockers") as it will open the attack phase menu when you come to that step.
2 - Then as soon as you put the stops in the fast effects you can remove the stop from the attack phases so it doesn't stop there if there are no creatures to attack,for players attack phase this works great for AI's phase it will not stop on "fast effects assign attackers" step though only to "fast effects assign blockers".
---
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Postby ThanosIsKing » 02 Aug 2017, 02:09

I am running Windows 10 64-bit and notice that whenever I try to open Magic.exe nothing happens. Is there something else I have to do to be able to actually play the game? I can get into the deck editor okay by running Deck.exe but Magic.exe does nothing.
ThanosIsKing

Postby Aswan jaguar » 02 Aug 2017, 06:58

ThanosIsKing wrote:I am running Windows 10 64-bit and notice that whenever I try to open Magic.exe nothing happens. Is there something else I have to do to be able to actually play the game? I can get into the deck editor okay by running Deck.exe but Magic.exe does nothing.
- Your problem sounds like either your firewall or anti-virus is blocking either Magic.exe or a needed .dll or so you will have to put Magic.exe in the list of permitted programs to run.Check them to see if they are the offenders.
I don't have windows 10 but probably it will have a log file in system file or security file (these are in administrative tools/event viewer in the windows XP I am using) of what is going on.

- Someone with windows 10 managed to make it work by simply removing the compatibility option that was put automatically I guess by windows 10.
---
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Postby ThanosIsKing » 02 Aug 2017, 07:54

Aswan jaguar wrote:
ThanosIsKing wrote:I am running Windows 10 64-bit and notice that whenever I try to open Magic.exe nothing happens. Is there something else I have to do to be able to actually play the game? I can get into the deck editor okay by running Deck.exe but Magic.exe does nothing.
- Your problem sounds like either your firewall or anti-virus is blocking either Magic.exe or a needed .dll or so you will have to put Magic.exe in the list of permitted programs to run.Check them to see if they are the offenders.
I don't have windows 10 but probably it will have a log file in system file or security file (these are in administrative tools/event viewer in the windows XP I am using) of what is going on.

- Someone with windows 10 managed to make it work by simply removing the compatibility option that was put automatically I guess by windows 10.
No such luck. I still get nothing when I put Magic.exe into the permitted programs in my firewall. I also double-checked and there isn't any sort of compatibility option selected for me prior to trying to run Magic.exe. This is getting a bit frustrating.
ThanosIsKing

Postby Aswan jaguar » 02 Aug 2017, 09:55

Did you check if your anti-virus is not allowing it to run?

Some people using windows 10 managed to make it work while others didn't.If you haven't checked this post around this, do so and especially try the (multi click Playmanalink.cmd) :
viewtopic.php?f=55&t=17523
The playmanalink.cmd:
viewtopic.php?f=85&t=17975&p=190648&hilit=playmanalink.cmd#p190648
Last edited by Aswan jaguar on 02 Aug 2017, 10:18, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: edited added link to playmanalink.cmd
---
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Postby ThanosIsKing » 02 Aug 2017, 20:01

Aswan jaguar wrote:Did you check if your anti-virus is not allowing it to run?

Some people using windows 10 managed to make it work while others didn't.If you haven't checked this post around this, do so and especially try the (multi click Playmanalink.cmd) :
viewtopic.php?f=55&t=17523
The playmanalink.cmd:
viewtopic.php?f=85&t=17975&p=190648&hilit=playmanalink.cmd#p190648
Tried going through the linked thread and using the playmanalink.cmd file but still nothing. I even tried the renaming thing and tried replacing playmanalink.cmd's wording with what was given in the thread but again, nothing. I get a screen that says "This system cannot find the file specified. Close this batchfile to exit magic." Then "launching Magic Try 1-10", followed by an endless series of retries until I close the window. What the hell is going on? I also checked and my antivirus and firewall are having nothing to do with any of this.
ThanosIsKing

Postby Aswan jaguar » 03 Aug 2017, 15:57

Where have you installed Manalink3.0? If in c/program files try in c:/ or anywhere else but c/program files which is not recommended.
---
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Postby ThanosIsKing » 04 Aug 2017, 02:29

Aswan jaguar wrote:Where have you installed Manalink3.0? If in c/program files try in c:/ or anywhere else but c/program files which is not recommended.
I have it installed on c/desktop.
ThanosIsKing

Postby Aswan jaguar » 04 Aug 2017, 13:52

A last thing, do you have administrator rights or not? You can try with administrator rights if you don't have but always be aware of the risks of doing so - search the web for it.
---
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Postby ThanosIsKing » 05 Aug 2017, 02:11

Aswan jaguar wrote:A last thing, do you have administrator rights or not? You can try with administrator rights if you don't have but always be aware of the risks of doing so - search the web for it.
Tried this. Same thing happened, which is nothing. The thinking circle thingie popped up for around 5-7 seconds and then disappeared. And nothing happens afterward.
ThanosIsKing

Postby Jmac » 08 Aug 2017, 18:44

Greetings from a long-time reader, first-time poster.

First of all THANK YOU for this fantastic update :D :D :D . I thoroughly enjoyed the Eldritch Moon patch from 2016 but crashes were depressingly regular.

Second, is there anywhere I can go to download additional cards? Looks like the link above is missing a few from the latest set.
Jmac

Postby Aswan jaguar » 09 Aug 2017, 14:25

Jmac wrote:First of all THANK YOU for this fantastic update
Welcome to the forum.You didn't read my first post carefully.This is 2 updates behind Eldritch Moon patch so not an update at all but a down-date :) .It's purpose is to let first time users to be able to download Manalink3.0 because with the 2 last updates withdrawn by the developer that released them that was almost impossible for new users which got frustrated by not be able to do so.And that is the reason why you have less cards to play with this installation.

Jmac wrote:I thoroughly enjoyed the Eldritch Moon patch from 2016 but crashes were depressingly regular.
I believe Eldritch Moon patch is more stable than this installation that is the Fate Reforged one but probably you use certain cards a lot that are available in Eldritch Moon patch that happen to crash.

You could however make a copy of this = Fate Reforged installation in a new path and install on top of the copy (so you don't ruin both installations) the Eldritch Moon update overwriting everything and see if you have less crashes this way, which seems unlikely though.

Edit: If mediafire stats are correct 1120 downloads so far so I guess this was indeed needed for new users, enjoy. :D
Last edited by Aswan jaguar on 09 Aug 2017, 14:37, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: add edit
---
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Postby ThanosIsKing » 12 Aug 2017, 01:44

So is there anything I can do to get this game to run with the new cards?
ThanosIsKing

Postby BadLoserOnYahooChess » 12 Aug 2017, 11:28

Hi,

First of all I would like to thank all the people involved in this "resurrection", providing me with countless hours of enjoyment.

However, I seem to suffer from the same problems as other people who've just switched to Windows 10. I can access the deck-building mode but when I try Magic.exe it just produces a "thinking bubble" for a couple of seconds and then dies out.

I have switched off both the antivirus program and the Defender firewall and then re-installed. I have also tried to change compability but all to no avail. Apart from that, I also tried the playmanalink.cmd trick. I am not the most high-tech person you'll ever meet so maybe I did it wrong. To me it just appears to be a text file and when I open it I get a lot of instructions which is way over my head. Have I missed something?

Anyway, if all the above has failed does that mean that there's no hope?

I would be extremely grateful for any suggestions that can move me forward. Thank you!
BadLoserOnYahooChess

Next

Return to Installation and Troubleshooting