It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 16:40

Text Size

A few requests

Downloads, Guides , General Support
PLEASE "SEARCH" BEFORE YOU POST!

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

A few requests

Postby Jamineal » 08 Sep 2017, 01:58

Alright, I'm a bit new here. I've downloaded Shandalar a little while back and I'm really unsure which version is the most up to date and whatnot.

As for my requests:
1. Could someone tell me what the difference is between Manalink and Shandalar? Are they different games?

2. I was reading through everything and it appears as though the Shandalar project was abandoned. Could someone clean up that area? I'm having a bit of trouble navigating it. Every post leads to some other post that has updated info and a link to another post from 2015 that has another update that was made in 2013... and on and on.

3. My version document says BFZv2. I'm unsure what that means. Did I won? Also, all I downloaded was a combo "Manalink + Shandalar AS3 pack. I don't know if I should get some kind of updated graphics thing or if these ARE the updated graphics. I'm scared and alone. Hold me.

If I'm just a dumb and everything is easily spelled out somewhere very simple, feel free to let me know. I just felt these posts/areas were a bit cluttered and contrived.
Jamineal

Re: A few requests

Postby Aswan jaguar » 08 Sep 2017, 06:25

1- Manalink.3.0 is the duel,gauntlet,sealed,draft and many other modes to play card duels part of the game of Microprose's "Magic the Gathereing" - Duels of the planeswalker"1998.It has a lot more cards and mechanisms to play with than Shandalar but it is not so stable and has a lot more bugs.
Shandalar is the adventure part of the game of Microprose's "Magic the Gathereing" - Duels of the planeswalker"1998.

3- your Manalink version is one update behind latest but still one update ahead from what can be downloaded and installed for now, so you are better from other new users.Your graphics are probably fine.
---
Trying to squash some bugs and playtesting.
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Postby Jamineal » 09 Sep 2017, 23:29

Well thanks, friend. I'm absolutely loving the single player experience, so I'm gonna stick to Shandalar.

I'd have loved to play that last update. So far, it's been absolutely beautiful. I'm damn sorry to hear about the whole debacle around it (I scoured those forums). The entire thing sounds pretty childish.

Anywho, good luck and thanks.
Jamineal

Postby ozgur1318 » 16 Feb 2018, 00:09

i am not sure if this is the right place to ask but i got a big questıon!! i need a shandalar verison which runs on vga graphics and 64
0*480 resolutıon cuz my video card is burned out!
(maybe i should open anaother thred?? )
ozgur1318

Return to Installation and Troubleshooting