Text Size

Missing Artwork Only in Custom

Downloads, Guides , General Support
PLEASE "SEARCH" BEFORE YOU POST!

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

Missing Artwork Only in Custom

Postby TapToSacrifice » 19 Feb 2010, 08:37

Hiya!

Sorry for posting another "missing artwork" question, but I've been searching around this site for two months and still haven't found a solution.

I've been playing Magic Constructed so far but wanted to switch to Magic Custom to use cards not available in the former. Artwork is perfectly fine for Constructed and Limited, but completely missing in Custom. After several fresh installs, following the instructions in the Wiki to the letter, nothing has changed; the cardArtCus folder remains empty.

Using My2000.exe didn't help either. 'Refresh from Library (takes hours to run)' doesn't take hours but only a couple of seconds before I get the "Data refreshed" message, yet there still is no artwork. The only way I found so far to get artwork for a card is to replace it with another, and then swap the two cards again; e.g. replace White Knight with AEther Figment, and then replace AEther Figment with White Knight. Doing that for 2000 cards might take a few months, so it's not really an option. :wink:

Cheers! :mrgreen:
TapToSacrifice

Re: Missing Artwork Only in Custom

Postby jatill » 19 Feb 2010, 13:24

I'm guessing you skipped this step:
Uncheck the "Only show missing cards" checkbox and wait for the new list to load.
jatill
DEVELOPER

Postby TapToSacrifice » 19 Feb 2010, 21:31

Hiya!

Seems like this might have been it. I unchecked that box and started to refresh the library, and now the program's slowly rebuilding it. Tomorrow morning I should be able to tell you if this has solved the artwork problem. Until then, thank you. :D

TapToSacrifice

Postby TapToSacrifice » 20 Feb 2010, 21:27

Hiya!

I started rebuilding the library this morning because I didn't want to leave my machine running over night. However, My2000.exe is running for 13+ hours by now and has finish rebuilding only about half of the library (1.092 cards as of now). Somewhere I read that it takes about eight hours to do so, so I'm wondering what's taking so long. :?:

TapToSacrifice

Postby TapToSacrifice » 21 Feb 2010, 19:29

Hiya!

After 27 hours the library is rebuilt. Hooray! :D

However, some cards are still lacking artwork: Birchlore Rangers, Emeria, the Sky Ruin, Hawkeater Moth, Moor Fiend, Pale Bears, Soul Stair Expedition, Striped Bears, and Thundering Giant. Fortunately those are cards I'm rather unlikely to use and swap them for others.

Also, Hammer of Bogardan correctly appears as red card in the deck builder, but as green card (though still with 1RR cc) when playing.

TapToSacrifice

Return to Installation and Troubleshooting