It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 22:51

Text Size

Playing Multiplayer 1 vs 1 duel doesn't work

Downloads, Guides , General Support
PLEASE "SEARCH" BEFORE YOU POST!

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

Playing Multiplayer 1 vs 1 duel doesn't work

Postby guyfromcroswell » 29 Oct 2018, 23:53

My son and I are trying to play Magic against each other on the same network. I am up to the latest Eldritch Moon v2 patch. I have an identical installation on both computers and both are Windows 7.

I can connect to his IP and he can connect to mine and we can even message each other. I can send him the parameters and he can accept, causing the game to start. He can even see if I win the coin toss.

Once the game is going, the other player is automatically showing no cards in their deck. As soon as the first turn ends, you win because the opponent can't draw. If I check his computer it will do the same thing. We can do everything up to the point of playing, but the actual game won't work. I used to play like this all the time, and both my kids want to play with me.

It's been a few years since anyone asked about this, has any progress been made?
guyfromcroswell

Re: Playing Multiplayer 1 vs 1 duel doesn't work

Postby travolter » 06 Apr 2019, 08:37

Yesterday I was playing multiplayer 1vs1 with ML2 working perfect using win 7 machines (at moment I was not able with win10), anyway its ok if you love 93-94 format as I do.

I also tested ML3 connection with same behavior as your describe... connections ok and the game ends because player can´t draw.

I wanted to ask developers if could be possible fix this... the manalink gem connection continue working and its a huge difference playing against a human instead the AI. The internet usage is really ridiculous and the experience dueling online is really fast.

Im really amazed about the great job that was done with the design of this game in 1997. Play magic in a simple, fast and low resources way, and with internet possibility!!!!

Btw best regards to all developers, players and manalink fans here! ;)
I fell that we will continue play play manalink for years. This game has become a truly classic like chess!
travolter

Return to Installation and Troubleshooting