It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 19:14

Text Size

Common Questions

Downloads, Guides , General Support
PLEASE "SEARCH" BEFORE YOU POST!

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

Common Questions

Postby aww1979 » 21 Jun 2010, 08:52

I was thinking, I see several of the same questions asked multiple times, and we should try to make a short list of them, FAQ-style and sticky them. I didn't want to call the thread that, since there's already one called the FAQ, but it is related to installing the game, not playing it. Here are a few examples: (not meant to criticize anyone, just saying there's certain things a lot of new players ask)

Q: How do I scroll through my cards in hand if I have more than 8?
A: Click on the arrows in the hand box, they are on either side of the "Your Hand" text

Q: How do I use spells or abilities during my upkeep, draw phase, etc?
A: You can do one of two things: 1) You can set up a 'stop' on any phase (of either player) by rightclicking on it and selecting 'mark this phase to stop'. You do the same thing if you don't want the stop anymore. 2) At any point when the game is waiting for your input, leftclick on the phase you want to go to next. The game will proceed directly to that phase and assume you don't want to do anything until then. For instance, if it is the AI's discard phase, you can leftclick your upkeep and the game will stop there next turn.

Q: How do I view the graveyard/removed from game cards/ante cards?
A: Rightclick on the graveyard of the player whose cards you want to see. A box comes up with those three choices.

Q: How do I see how many cards are in my library?
A: Rightclick on your library and go to 'count library cards'. The height of your deck is also a rough indicator; it slowly shrinks as you draw cards.

Q: If there are a whole bunch of creatures attacking me, how do I block the ones offscreen?
A: There will be a little white mouse thingy that appears when this happens. Leftclick and hold it, and then drag it left and right to see the rest of the creatures in combat.

There's probably lots more, and if a moderator is really nice, they might be able to tidy this up a bit. Any mod is welcome to just delete/edit this thread and make their own if they can do it better. I'm not worried about taking credit for it or anything; I just think it would save new players time if they didn't ask the same things that the last dozen new players asked :p

Feel free to put more common questions/answers up.
aww1979
Tester

Re: Common Questions

Postby stassy » 21 Jun 2010, 09:06

I was thinking about the same but we have to define the game versions first.

Currently we have 2 versions and for those we have common and specific issues after initial install (multi and shand work on iso but not on latest update, iso don't have all new cards/mode, etc...).

Would be nice to have a nickname for latest patch because it's a bit tiring to say...latest patch without having a proper name like iso or something else :p

Although I have moderator statut, I can't stick it so if Huggy or someone else passes by...
stassy

Postby Huggybaby » 22 Jun 2010, 05:18

You should be able to sticky and move topics. You can't?
<Edit> Hmm, I see you can't for some reason, let me see if I can fix that.
<Edit> OK, try it now.
Huggybaby
Administrator

Postby mzepol » 18 Jul 2010, 08:49

This is a great idea. Nice work.
mzepol

Postby abc123 » 07 Nov 2010, 15:31

Hi, I'm a new user here.

I was wondering if you can tell me how to activate regenerate in creatures like mire boa and river boa. I can't figure out when I have to activate it for it to take effect.

Thanks in advance.
abc123

Postby Aswan jaguar » 07 Nov 2010, 17:16

abc123 wrote:Hi, I'm a new user here.

I was wondering if you can tell me how to activate regenerate in creatures like mire boa and river boa. I can't figure out when I have to activate it for it to take effect.

Thanks in advance.
Just click on your creature and then pay the mana your creature needs to regenerate.
---
Trying to squash some bugs and playtesting.
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Postby abc123 » 07 Nov 2010, 19:51

I think I just don't understand when I click on it to activate the regenerate.
I clicked on it before battle phase, when it it blocking and when its in the graveyard and none of it works.
abc123

Postby Aswan jaguar » 07 Nov 2010, 22:23

abc123 wrote:I think I just don't understand when I click on it to activate the regenerate.
I clicked on it before battle phase, when it it blocking and when its in the graveyard and none of it works.
You click on it,after it gets the damage,just before it goes to the graveyard.I think it becomes yellow then to show you that you can regenerate it.if you have a regenerate enchantment click on the enchantment it goes yellow if smt destroys your creature.
---
Trying to squash some bugs and playtesting.
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Postby stassy » 08 Nov 2010, 10:27

And don't forget that you cannot regenerate against spell that doesn't allow regeneration (like Disintegrate) or sacrifice/removal creature spell (like Swords to Plowshares or Barter in Blood)
stassy

Postby ggallin » 03 Jun 2011, 07:00

hello i have a question:

what are planeswalker cards? in deck builder they are shown as enchantment cards, are they similiar to avatar cards i mean i build a deck and certain character is avaible from start or maybe i play planeswalker card during the game?

and how works their abilities, each ability has + or - what does it mea? i suppose - is cost in mana but +?
ggallin

Postby stassy » 03 Jun 2011, 08:05

Everything about planeswalker can be found here :
http://wiki.mtgsalvation.com/article/Planeswalker

Their type as enchantment is because of the engine limitation of Manalink, as per official rule they are not enchantment.
stassy

Postby ggallin » 03 Jun 2011, 09:29

thanks for answer thats explains a lot
ggallin

Postby stassy » 03 Jun 2011, 11:12

Forgot to tell you about how planeswalker work in ML 2 :

- The loyalty counter when casted in the battlefield are the counters you can see on the card (just hover the mouse in the counters to see their exact number).

- planeswalker effect can only be casted during your sorcery phase by clicking on the card, + effect give you loyalty counter, - effect remove loyalty counter, when a planeswalker run dry off loyalty counter it get buried into the graveyard.

- When the AI attack you it can choose to target you or the planeswalker, successful damage remove loyalty counter on the planeswalker

- Most planeswalkers have an ultimate ability available when reaching a certain number of loyalty counter, some only accessible after the appropriate Challenge has been unlocked.
stassy

Postby Celestial Wind » 17 Jan 2012, 20:33

Frustrated about tap abilities for one of my creatures. Allows me to tap 1 mana to tap target creature.

Only problem is when I try to do it on the computer's turn, it will sometimes automatically to go the attack phase in which its creatures are already tapped and ready to attack. Can't seem to tell the computer to go back a step so I can tap its creatures, preventing them from attacking me. How do I do this?

Thanks
Celestial Wind

Postby Dave » 17 Jan 2012, 21:08

on the rigth side of your mana-pool you see those little pictures with a red dot in 3 of them, one in opponents halve of the screen and 2 in your side of the screen. these are your phases. When you want the computer to always stop at a certain phase, you right click on it and select 'Mark this place to always stop'.
Dave

Next

Return to Installation and Troubleshooting