It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 00:06

Text Size

Help please!

Downloads, Guides , General Support
PLEASE "SEARCH" BEFORE YOU POST!

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

Help please!

Postby serenechaos » 09 Jul 2010, 03:28

Hi, I just burned a disc with the MtG 2009/2010 ISO, and it runs, but I'm having trouble getting it 100%. Slight errors in Duel, incorrect card art even after updating, and trouble updating or running some of the extra stuff are my main issues. Here's the step-by-step I took.

1) Installed from disc on Windows 7.

2) Downloaded Manalink 2.0 patch parts 1 and 2 from the manalink wiki.

2a) Extracted both parts of the patch with 7-zip into the MagicTG directory.

2b) Restarted computer as per manalink wiki instructions.

3) Installed updated card art, noncard art, cardartlimited, code update, my2000, and DeckEditor 2.0 files from manalink wiki and extracted all of them into my MagicTG folder.

**Upon rereading the page for the CD version, I noticed it said the only update needed was the new card art file provided on that page (oops). Does that mean the only update it needs period (i.e. no manalink, ACT compatibility file, etc.), or the only card art update it needs?**

My problems are as follows:

1) Using some cards in the Duel causes a crash (though not every time I use it, and after a reinstall this became even less frequent).

2) Some card art is wrong, even after updates. (Possibly because I used the manalink files instead of the file on the CD page?)

3) The buttons don't line up with their pictures in the main menu. Not that big a deal, but it's a bit annoying.

The most important issues:

4) There is no DeckEditor.exe application. It wasn't present beforehand, nor was it present after extracting the "deck editor one time only" download. I'm not sure how I can trade out cards from the 2000 card limit (I REALLY want to make a Dragonstorm deck).

5) MagicLimited.exe and MagicCustom.exe don't run. At first they gave errors saying I was missing certain .dlls. I hunted those down in other folders and moved them, and the error changed to a simple and unhelpful numberstring error. (Let me know if you need the exact error code.)
serenechaos

Re: Help please!

Postby stassy » 09 Jul 2010, 04:20

You have 2 possibles stables install :

The ISO one where you must follow all the instructions on this thread and nowhere else.

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=2349

The wiki one.

You can't do both in the same magic folder, or it will make errors
stassy

Postby serenechaos » 09 Jul 2010, 04:26

Thank you! So when I install from my CD, should I only download the "newcardart" file on the CD page, or do I also need the Deck Editor/ACT Compatibility file/whatever from the wiki? Also, how on the CD version do I access all of the cards instead of just the lot it starts with?
serenechaos

Postby stassy » 09 Jul 2010, 04:32

Oups, forgot to post the ISO thread link up.

About your latter question, the ISO version is a special custom version and won't work with others updates than in its thread, if you want all the new cards you need to go for the wiki version.
stassy

Postby Lostsoul » 17 Jul 2010, 11:03

Hi, first off you guys really rock!! great job

Well I was supposed to make a new thread but "Help me please" sounded right too me.

With all the information I am at a lost as to where should I start. I got the wiki thing ok. Then I added the newcardart..etc So it works except my custom version. My limited version does not have any art in them too. Also is there a chance to know if the current cards that I have are actually the updated list of cards. If phage the untouchable is already coded.. then I don't have the updated list of cards since I can't find her in my deckbuilder.

In any case thank you so much for your help!!:)
"Everything has an END!"
Lostsoul

Postby stassy » 18 Jul 2010, 18:06

Did you follow the install instructions for the new my2k 2.0? The wiki about it should be updated as well.
stassy

Postby Lostsoul » 20 Jul 2010, 02:32

Thank you! I will try this after work. Lol there are a lot of instruction in the wiki. :)
"Everything has an END!"
Lostsoul

Return to Installation and Troubleshooting