Text Size

MtG Multiplayer "unregisters" after duel invitation accepted

Downloads, Guides , General Support
PLEASE "SEARCH" BEFORE YOU POST!

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

MtG Multiplayer "unregisters" after duel invitation accepted

Postby Kizsde » 01 Aug 2010, 15:23

Hi,

I have checked the topics, but couldn't find anything like what happens with me. I used to successfully play MtG multiplayer with my friend with the original game, via Hamachi, but since I've found this site and the 2010 ISO I just wanted to use this version as it seems to be soo much better than the original.

Now we followed all instructions and everything, opened ports in the router, and also added manalink and magic.exe to trusted application in our windows firewall, but there still seems to be an issue.

We manage to see each other in "LAN" and we can send an invite and accept it, but after accepting the duel invitation the game says that we have been disconnected from the session and that the other has "unregistered". We are really running out of ideas now, any help welcome.
Kizsde

Re: MtG Multiplayer "unregisters" after duel invitation acce

Postby monopoman » 03 Aug 2010, 08:33

This game does not work with multi-player after these patches are applied.

That is why no one ever talks about playing against each other :P.
monopoman

Postby Kizsde » 03 Aug 2010, 09:32

Hi!

First of all thanks for your reply. I don't really see your point though, as the info in the topic for the ISO also contains multiplayer instructions, and nowhere is said that it will not work.

Also I did some extensive testing last night with my friend and seemed to narrow down the root cause to the software firewall. When the firewall was turned off, it worked like a charm and we could set up a Duel.
I have Comodo Firewall 4.1.xx and it seems to be blocking some communications that Hamachi uses (ICMP to be exact).

I have found some guides on how to allow this and will test it out tonight. I'll post the result here, as some other people might face the same issue.
Kizsde

Postby stassy » 03 Aug 2010, 10:33

You are right, you need to disable completely Comodo in order to play multiplayer.

monopoman> Kizsde is referring to the ISO version which has Shandalar and multiplayer support but update stopped 1 year ago for it, those who maintain it are currently working on replacing the image cards to HD ones.
stassy

Postby monopoman » 04 Aug 2010, 09:51

Oh okay I assumed he was using all the new updates not playing with a patch that's more then a year old.
monopoman

Postby stassy » 04 Aug 2010, 10:12

The problem is that the ISO version is supposed to be a stable version just before the multiplayer/Shandalar crash and its thread is pinned at the top root of all others sections in slightlymagic forums so a lot of people think it's the latest version, but it's not...
stassy

Postby Kizsde » 04 Aug 2010, 14:19

Actually I'm absolutely fine with this version, I just want to have fun with my friend. :)

If only it would work with Comodo, but again 3 hours of troubleshooting last night achieved nothing...I'm kinda giving up now :S

Even posted a topic in Comodo's own forum, will see if anybody has ideas...
Kizsde

Postby stassy » 04 Aug 2010, 14:22

Even if you disable Comodo it will still have some counter lock just in case it's not a 3rd party software that killed the process.

I think you need to put it in install mode or then close the program.
stassy

Postby Kizsde » 04 Aug 2010, 20:06

OK I gave up....on Comodo. I have switched to another firewall and all is hunky-dory now. Thanks guys for the comments anyway!
Kizsde

Return to Installation and Troubleshooting