It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 04:50

Text Size

Multie Player help plz!

Downloads, Guides , General Support
PLEASE "SEARCH" BEFORE YOU POST!

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

Multie Player help plz!

Postby Mabbus4 » 01 Oct 2010, 17:12

Hi, Im sure this is is another post somewhere but i couldnt find it and I am new to the site. I just needed a little clarification.

My brother and I have both already installed the new MTG Iso located on this site with the updated multiplayer .reg files and the new cards.

Last week when I was at his home we were able to conenct and play against each other via a LAN there at his home. We did not play via online.

I am back home now and he is about 4-5 hours away and we tried connecting to each others games via the tcp/ip manalink connection. We each tried to host the game while the other put in our IP address, and we could never get it to work.

I have read about the thing that i think is called himachi, or using http://www.magic-league.com/ I am unsure how to do anything from that website. I have created an account, and even logged into the website but need some help on actually setting a casual game up with him. Where and how do you do that?

Again, sorry if there is a post up already but i couldn't find it here. Im sure this has already been address like a billion times. Thanks for the work put into the game as well!
Mabbus4

Re: Multie Player help plz!

Postby stassy » 02 Oct 2010, 05:08

It's hamachi, and this software allow you to create a virtual lan between computers.

Do you have a profil in Manalink (the avatar that show up when you start a game)? Multiplayers won't work if it's not set.
stassy

Postby Mabbus4 » 02 Oct 2010, 16:43

Does this avatar show up from running MTGLauncher.exe? or under the character part only? we both created a profile under the players section.... Is this what your talking about?

when I was at his house we could play for a bit until we both create a player character... but now that we are trying to do it via internet only we are having some problems.. so for just wanting to play some casual games we just need to try hamachi? Is that all? Thanks so much!
Mabbus4

Postby Mabbus4 » 02 Oct 2010, 20:56

Alright so we got it working through Hamachi, was pretty easy. Next question, I know how to play with the premade decks, but is there a way we can compete in like the sealed deck mode? Where we enter that build our deck in a few minutes than play? or is there a way to enter in a 1 player sealed deck mode, make some decks from it, save them, then enter them to play? I guess people would just have to be honest about what cards were in the packs if that way was the only option. Thanks!

EDIT : Also ours does not look anything like these pictures viewtopic.php?f=55&t=1697&p=33497&hilit=sealed+deck#p33497

So i think we "updated" the manalink when we didnt need to. any ideas how to make it go back to the way it looks in the picture? Im nervous to mess with it becasue we have it working but would hate to be missing some cards also. Thanks!
Mabbus4

Postby stassy » 04 Oct 2010, 05:33

The graphics you see are from the latest update, which you should not have if you want to play multiplayer.

If you have the old graphic you are good to go.
stassy

Postby Mabbus4 » 04 Oct 2010, 20:28

Great! Thank you much for the info!
Mabbus4

Return to Installation and Troubleshooting