It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 09:49

Text Size

question about the custom deck editor + new cards

Downloads, Guides , General Support
PLEASE "SEARCH" BEFORE YOU POST!

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

question about the custom deck editor + new cards

Postby gmzombie » 13 Nov 2010, 00:29

i got bored today and started to rack my brain on something about how cards are put into the game so i just have a question now. do we still remove old cards out and switch them in for new ones or are we just coding them into the game and using custom deck editor to put them into the custom version over an old card or what not...i haven't been around for a while due to work and whatnot but i want to update to a newer version but i also want to keep original cards intact as much as possible...i know i will probably need a separate version for that
can I maze of ith your snowstorm?

http://home.comcast.net/~gmzombie/index.html old stuff in here. don't use this stuff right now till I get time to get back into it and readjust.
gmzombie

Re: question about the custom deck editor + new cards

Postby stassy » 13 Nov 2010, 04:45

According to the recent Tournaments, most of them are replacing old cards...
stassy

Postby gmzombie » 13 Nov 2010, 16:32

well at least i still have the limited version now that i think about it. no disrespect to the leaders of this board or anything as im greatful there is still coding what 13 years after the last expansion. i totally forgot about the limited version as i couldnt ever get it going but ill have to look into it again.

http://home.comcast.net/~gmzombie/index.html old stuff in here. don't use this stuff right now till I get time to get back into it and readjust.
gmzombie

Postby aww1979 » 18 Nov 2010, 00:48

We've been removing older cards, but so far all the stuff to go has been crap like Pearled Unicorn or Iron Star. If you use the custom version you can still get access to those cards if you want them. Myself, I don't think there have been any removed cards that I used in serious decks other than Demonic Hordes. (And Helldozer is strictly superior to that anyway now, though you may get a headache realizing why the 'strictly' is true, rather than just being 'better')
aww1979
Tester

Postby 0rion79 » 18 Nov 2010, 08:08

Well, I have to agree with aww1979, but you know: my love for the earliest stages of Magic will never drop even when new cards, similar in effect but much powerful, will come. You know, in my Custom Version I have made some tweaks to "merge" together some cards. Eg, Tranquility now costs 1G and is an instant, as the new spell, but you can still play it in Unlimited edition for sealed deck purposes. The same with Feldon's Cane and Elixir of Long Life. Also, I've partially restored my creative mod, tweakings some spells basic values that are related to the magic.exe file and not dll. Eg, Pearled Unicorn has banding (I keep it for my tribe deck), elder dragons from legend have a better casting cost and new static abilities, other cards just cost less. I just made them how I wished them to be, from the day that I realized - yet playing paper game - that a creature as Frost Giant could not be competitive being a 4/4 with a total casting cost of 6 and with an ability that requires a dumb player, or lure and had not even "trample"! :) For me, this is an optimal solution to keep using some nostalig cards and dealing with a balanced sealed deck game. Honestly, I strongly dislike the sigle environment in Constructed version (imho, there are some horrible cards) and in Limited too because, even it this last one preserves complete sets, it also includes some puny cards that I just wonder why they have been coded.
Anyway, I would really be happy if we could break the 2K limit and add all cards in one single set, but then we also would need a program that updates all decks at once by card's name and not by card's ID: I have more than 400 decks and it would be a pain in the ass to manually update each of them with a new "all-inclusive" version.
If you want, I can share it.
0rion79

Postby gmzombie » 20 Nov 2010, 00:39

yea i hope we can still break that 2k limit. i also wish that this game would have been remade for a true windows experience that way we could have made a true replacement to the deck editor and run it in the game..i love the new deck editor dont get me wrong...for some reason i have this vision of updating the old editor and the game to not only run under 1280x1024, but to also have more options in the deck editor like the new one has but kind of keep it under the guise of the old style with buttons for sets or even block cycles. wish i knew more about programming but im more of just a small term hack this or edit that...lol i tried to read the guide to ASM but i fall asleep...its very dry.

gmzombie

Postby 0rion79 » 20 Nov 2010, 08:00

Lol! I never use the new deck editor, instead. I've made my Magiclopedia using excell and I keep using the old deck editor, that is much faster once you know what to use.
0rion79

Return to Installation and Troubleshooting