It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 23:12

Text Size

Challenges Bug

Downloads, Guides , General Support
PLEASE "SEARCH" BEFORE YOU POST!

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Challenges Bug

Postby Gargaroz » 07 Feb 2011, 14:11

Whops, you're right Sensei, I forgotten the Bauble put the land in play.
----
- Current / medium term task: adjusting the code for making Misdirection and such usable
- Long term task: inserting all the good stuff I left out from the "Golden Years" mod
Gargaroz
Programmer

Re: Challenges Bug

Postby AsceticTroll » 07 Feb 2011, 16:24

A couple of things, as long as I've got my finger in this thread.

1) Challenges frustratingly difficult: Yes, they are difficult to the point of being frustrating. In fact, about a year ago I fell into the camp that wished jatill etc. would create an easier version or otherwise somehow dumb them down. But then, months later, when I was still playing and enjoying this old game from the mid 90s, and getting immense pleasure from each challenge when I finally beat it, I changed my mind entirely. If you just want an AI-driven magic program where you can edit yourself in all the cards you want, play Wagic instead (or at the same time). I think you'll be happier. As for me, ever since taking the long view, I am a certified challenge fan.

2)My weird bug (see page 1 of this thread). In hindsight, the only real difference I can think of that might have unlocked the challenge was that I switched decks, from a 40-card to a 60-card. I never saw an illegal deck error, or anything like that, it just didn't unlock the card until I used the 60-card deck. I was able to get the unlock for Shandalar 2.0 with a 40-card deck. Can anyone verify if that was my problem? And if so, which challenges are unlockable with fewer than 60 cards in your deck?

That's it. Thanks again to the programmers/creators/aww1979!
AsceticTroll

Previous

Return to Installation and Troubleshooting