It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 14:01

Text Size

i need a little help and a introduction

Downloads, Guides , General Support
PLEASE "SEARCH" BEFORE YOU POST!

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

i need a little help and a introduction

Postby t0xica » 13 Jan 2011, 18:24

Hi my name is cristina, new here, also im new to the game, 6 months ago i started playing shandalaar(original) because i was bored at work and a coworker handed me the game. after i really liked bought some actual cards and one day googled "shandalar update" and ended here

before posting this i readed the faq and the installation guide of manalink 2.0

my problem is with the online set up of the game. in the faq section it says that we must click magic.reg file in order to play online, i dont have that file in the folder. which take me to the installation guide which says that we must create the file by ourselves, and give us some code or something, i dont really know how to do that, so if someone explain me how to create it i will be glad or if someone can upload that file to get it.

the other problem i have is that i keep getting auto loses in some challenges with the following legacy decks, Ledless Dredge (just a classic set up it should be legacy legal) and belcher(same) anyone knows why? sames happens with spring tide.

long post i know u.u. if anyone have some anwsers i will be glad
also i leave my email in case someone is online and can explain me there(quicker than posting answers and then feedbacks)
t0xica_@hotmail.es

Thanks a lot!
t0xica

Re: i need a little help and a introduction

Postby stassy » 14 Jan 2011, 11:43

my problem is with the online set up of the game. in the faq section it says that we must click magic.reg file in order to play online, i dont have that file in the folder. which take me to the installation guide which says that we must create the file by ourselves, and give us some code or something, i dont really know how to do that, so if someone explain me how to create it i will be glad or if someone can upload that file to get it.
From the wiki :

Important: patching beyond Mok's Manalink 2.0 Version will cause Shandalar and Multiplayer mode to become corrupted. If you want to play Shandalar or Multiplayer, copy your current installation to a separate directory, and use that exclusively for Shaldalar and Multiplayer.
the other problem i have is that i keep getting auto loses in some challenges with the following legacy decks, Ledless Dredge (just a classic set up it should be legacy legal) and belcher(same) anyone knows why? sames happens with spring tide.
From wiki :
All challenge decks must be either Vintage or Legacy legal. Some challenges have additional deck building requirements, as described below. If your challenge auto-loses you at the beginning of the game, it is because your deck is illegal.
stassy

Postby t0xica » 14 Jan 2011, 12:55

ok that explain the multiplayer issue,

but about the decks, i said that was legacy legal..., and the challenge im trying dont have any other restriction.
t0xica

Postby Aswan jaguar » 14 Jan 2011, 13:30

I don't know if it helps you,but you can check your deck if it is legal here.http://www.wizards.com/Magic/TCG/Resour ... /sfrlegacy
---
Trying to squash some bugs and playtesting.
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Postby t0xica » 14 Jan 2011, 13:57

thanks! i checked it and the deck were legal!
anyway is not a big deal :) i will just play challenges with other stuff!
t0xica

Postby Salbei » 14 Jan 2011, 21:48

Link to the Wiki // Challengemode
http://www.slightlymagic.net/wiki/Challenge_Mode

Three things come into my mind when i read this.

Either

1) A illegal decklist was used
Browse to your Playdeck folder and post the decklist you´ve used for the challenge. The decks can be found at c:\magic\Playdeck . Please post the decklist and the challenge you´ve attempted with this.

2) A illegal config file was used (debug mode)
Browse to your magic folder (c:\magic) and look for a config.txt.

For challenges it should look like this:
Code: Select all
// Turn debug mode ON by default
Debug:0

// Warn you if your deck is not legal in any format
CheckDeckLegality:0

// Make the AI start with 0 cards in hand
CrippleAI:0

// Start the game without milligans or play/draw decisions
QuickStart:0

// Give players unlimited mana
UnlimitedMana:0

// start the game with 30 cards in the grave for each player
AutoMill:0

// turn the rules engine on (turning this off is not recommended)
RulesEngine:1

// Automatically choose targets when possible.
// Also see TargetsHuman.txt and TargetsAI.txt
SmartTarget:0

// Alphabetize your deck any time you look at it.
AlphabetizeDeck:1

// Give all creatures haste
AutoHaste:0

// Make auto-decisions for some cards like Wall of Reverence and Squee
DuhMode:1
Most likly debug mode is activated for you (is set to 1). Deactivate it by changing the line to:
Debug:0

3) Which version did you start?
Magic.exe (<- this is the one you should be using for challenges.Also called the "constructed" version).

MagicLimited.exe (<- this should be used for sealed deck or tournaments - The cardpool is different!This is the so called "limited" version)

MagicCustom.exe (<- highly unstable version with a ton of bugs. just use this if you want to test some of the newer cards in there. This is the "custom" version.)
Retired a long time ago. I will not reply.
Salbei
DEVELOPER

Postby t0xica » 15 Jan 2011, 14:10

1)this is the deck i tried to do tribal challenge with it(set 1) and get kicked out

.700 3 Dread Return*
.1440 4 Careful Study
.830 4 Breakthrough
.705 4 Bridge From Below
.666 4 Cabal Therapy
.682 3 Unmask
.258 4 Underground Sea
.403 4 City of Brass
.691 4 Ichorid
.680 4 Stinkweed Imp
.69 4 Putrid Imp
.684 4 Golgari Grave-Troll
.678 3 Golgari Thug
.1898 4 Lion's Eye Diamond
.120 1 Iona, Shield of Emeria
.1040 1 Woodfall Primus
.722 4 Gemstone Mine
.1223 1 Eternal Witness

2) i checked debug was set to 0 change it to 1 restarted the game, but still get autolose with that deck

3) im using magic.exe to play

thanks for the help salbei, maybe the game have a different banned list or something, :o but its annoying to get kicked out with lot of decks
t0xica

Postby Salbei » 15 Jan 2011, 19:29

My guess would be the Lions Eye Diamond . The game is seeing this list as a T1 (Vintage) list and LED is restricted there as far as i know.

I know the deck won´t work as good without it.Just check the Deckbuilding forum for other dredge versions.
Try to remove the LEDs and see if it would let you play.

Debug should be set at 0 to play challenges.

Here is a list posted by meesterhans.Bit weird one but it was the first one i´ve found.
meesterhans dredge | Open
.678 4 Golgari Thug
.681 4 Narcomoeba
.700 4 Dread Return*
.398 4 Bazaar of Baghdad
.1967 4 Life from the Loam
.680 4 Stinkweed Imp
.705 4 Bridge From Below
.666 4 Cabal Therapy
.1531 1 Angel of Despair
.691 4 Ichorid
.675 3 Flame-Kin Zealot
.390 4 Crop Rotation
.91 8 Forest
.1913 4 Dryad Arbor
This one is from Aww1979. Another customized list for specific challenges.
aww1979 dredge | Open
.678 4 Golgari Thug
.681 4 Narcomoeba
.675 3 Flame-Kin Zealot
.700 4 Dread Return*
.398 4 Bazaar of Baghdad
.1967 4 Life from the Loam
.680 4 Stinkweed Imp
.711 4 Serum Powder
.705 4 Bridge From Below
.666 4 Cabal Therapy
.791 4 Goblin Lore
.403 4 City of Brass
.266 4 Volcanic Island
.1531 1 Angel of Despair
.691 4 Ichorid
Both lists are pretty old, but should do the job. Prolly just have to replace Angel of Despair with something more up-to-date.

I personally can recommend any kind of Oath of Druids or Tinker -> Platinum Angel lists for the first couple challenges (a lot less clicking involved).But dredge should work as good.Should be a piece of cake with any of those decks.
Salbei
DEVELOPER

Postby aww1979 » 16 Jan 2011, 21:03

Yes, 4x Lion's Eye Diamond is the reason; that card is restricted. (1 per deck) The gemstone mine could be an issue if you haven't unlocked that particular challenge as well; I think it will let you put it in the deck but it won't work when you play it.

The deck of mine that salbei quotes looks kind of weird, but should work alright. I don't really know why I used Goblin Lore, for example, unless that was from a time when there were less cards available for that style of deck in manalink.
aww1979
Tester

Postby t0xica » 17 Jan 2011, 12:27

i removed the led´s and it works, its seems that the decks should be t1 legal then instead of legacy legal (or maybe must be legal for the 2 formats u.u), the gemstone is unlocked so it works good =D
also the led not working explains why the belcher and a.n.t dont work there

thanks u all guys for the help

ps: last thing, which is the best program to play online???and where u find people (is there achat room or something), i been playing with dotp on the ps3 but is pretty annoying that u can edit the decks, and vampires are dominating so get boring after a while
t0xica

Postby Salbei » 17 Jan 2011, 18:01

aww1979 wrote:The deck of mine that salbei quotes looks kind of weird, but should work alright. I don't really know why I used Goblin Lore, for example, unless that was from a time when there were less cards available for that style of deck in manalink.
I created a page for the challenges a while ago (very outdated by now) and put the decks people used to beat the challenges below the challenge.I haven´t been working on my "page" for a long time and it is really outdated by now.
So i guess you´ve posted it in one of the "old" challenge topics.
->
http://salbei.spacequadrat.de/htdocs/mldecks.html

t0xica wrote:ps: last thing, which is the best program to play online???and where u find people (is there achat room or something), i been playing with dotp on the ps3 but is pretty annoying that u can edit the decks, and vampires are dominating so get boring after a while
We used to try to meet in a IRC channel (#Manalink // Quakenet) but i don´t think it is used anymore.
Manalink at the current version is highly unstable for multiplayer purposes and i strongly recommend to play with MoKs initial version (a lot less cards, but stable).
When i tried to play Manalink on the internet we had to use Hamachi - dunno if you are familiar with that.Haven´t tried it again for quite some time, but stassy might be able to help you there.
Salbei
DEVELOPER

Postby stassy » 19 Jan 2011, 07:55

Yes I can confirm it work ok in multiplayer with Hamachi, though you need to disable your firewall and have instant chat messaging software with your opponent.
stassy

Return to Installation and Troubleshooting