Text Size

Hello + Help :)

Downloads, Guides , General Support
PLEASE "SEARCH" BEFORE YOU POST!

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

Hello + Help :)

Postby Warlock » 20 Feb 2011, 18:13

Hi.

I played an older version of this that I downloaded here for a long time and recently had to re install windows and forgot to back it up. I downloaded and installed mana link 2.0 + the most recent patch, installed it and tested it with no problems. However, I noticed a few cards I had before missing...Mire Boa, The 1/1 elf that when it came into play you got to draw a card for 1 green +1, and that overpowed elf king that spit out elvish soldiers and allowed you to play elves from your hand at no mana cost (cant remember name). I've looked over the site and forums and can't find a place to download more cards. Am I just missing something?

While I'm at it I'd also like to say thank you to this sites contributors for keeping this awesome game alive. I played the originals way back when and loved them, and love what you guys are doing here.
Last edited by Huggybaby on 20 Feb 2011, 18:32, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moved to proper forum
Warlock

Re: Hello + Help :)

Postby Warlock » 20 Feb 2011, 21:38

Also just noticed there's no incinerate. Really?
Warlock

Postby Salbei » 20 Feb 2011, 23:19

So what is the problem ? Looks like you are using a veeeeery old version.
There are roughly 52 patches to Moks Manalink available, i really cannot "guess" which one you are using - also at some point in February 2010 we changes the UI background, you need that patch or the game will not run at all.Might want to check the Patches section and manually patch in order (old patches first, then newer one) - otherwise you most likely miss artwork.

I can recommend you to use the WIKI installation route or my own SCV and start from scratch.

Wiki -> http://www.slightlymagic.net/wiki/Installation
-OR-
SCV -> viewtopic.php?f=55&t=3991&p=54308#p53385
Retired a long time ago. I will not reply.
Salbei
DEVELOPER

Postby Warlock » 21 Feb 2011, 05:43

Thanks for the response.

Ok I downloaded the SCV version (looks awesome) and all the patches that I could from the patch index (3 or so of the links were dead unfortunately), and extracted all to my c:/Magic folder, which is where I installed the main program. The program appears to work ok but all artwork is blank. Was I right to simply extract each file to c:/Magic and overwrite when prompted? Or do I need to be a bit more specific? Thanks for your help and sorry for the noobish questions. This is all a bit confusing.
Warlock

Postby Salbei » 21 Feb 2011, 06:42

Just follow the instructions in that topic. Really can´t get much easier than extract -> play.There is no need for any replacing the latest version (SCV) with old patches from the index.

Download and extract the scv -> that is your magic folder.
Download and extract the artwork -> that is your artwork.
Move the Artwork folders to your magic folder.

All that is clearly mentioned at that topic.Just follow the instructions in there and everything should work.
Retired a long time ago. I will not reply.
Salbei
DEVELOPER

Return to Installation and Troubleshooting