It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 16:49

Text Size

Help with online DotP dueling

Downloads, Guides , General Support
PLEASE "SEARCH" BEFORE YOU POST!

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

Help with online DotP dueling

Postby Samana » 25 Feb 2011, 16:10

First of all, thanks so much to everyone who has contributed to this. You people are amazing! My first goal is to be able to play magic against a friend over the internet. I have downloaded Mok's manalink (careful to avoid the updates that were incompatible with multiplayer). I followed the directions, edited manalink.ini, and port-forwarded 27500 on my router; still to no avail. I'm a technological n00b, but I learn quickly (in two weeks, I taught myself mIRC scripting and wrote the most complete VtM roleplaying script on the internet). Any help? Once I figure out the basics, I am looking forward to contributing however I can!
Last edited by Huggybaby on 25 Feb 2011, 17:44, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moved to proper forum
Samana

Re: Help with online DotP dueling

Postby Salbei » 25 Feb 2011, 17:50

Try "Hamachi" (it emulates a LAN). Make sure you and your friend both got the same hamachi/game version.
Then try to connect to the Hamachi IP (inside that emulated LAN). Should work without much problems.
Retired a long time ago. I will not reply.
Salbei
DEVELOPER

Postby Samana » 25 Feb 2011, 22:00

Thanks for the help Salbei, but I couldn't get it to work. Both of our DotP and hamatchi's are the same. I installed hamatchi, was given an ip, set up a network called Magic531, and had my friend join the network. I saw her computer on my network in hamatchi, so I know that part worked. Then I loaded Magic and hosted a session. She tried to join to the ip that hamatchi gave me, but still never appeared in the window. Did I do something wrong?
Samana

Postby stassy » 26 Feb 2011, 03:58

You might want to disable your firewall or windows firewall.
stassy

Postby Samana » 26 Feb 2011, 17:11

Thanks for the advice. Huggybaby just introduced me to Cockatrice, so I think I'll just use that instead; awesome program, although not nearly as aesthetically pleasing as DotP. Now I just have to find people who want to play 8th edition and prior. Someone whipped out a card with plusses and minuses that looked like something out of pokemon...oh, how the game has changed. :)
Samana

Return to Installation and Troubleshooting