It is currently 30 Apr 2024, 09:35

Text Size

game crashing regularily in sealed deck

Downloads, Guides , General Support
PLEASE "SEARCH" BEFORE YOU POST!

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

game crashing regularily in sealed deck

Postby oea » 21 Sep 2011, 22:19

just found your great fix on this classic game downloaded the iso and have loved shandelar which works great and only has the same bugs it has always had so far (gotta love playing with a blank character face).
but when i play sealed deck (only other way i have tried so far) the game crashes regularily.
i did just patch the game today with a patch that (coincidently was realeased today but it might have gotten worse! it was craching about every 3 games but after pathching it crashed my first three tries.
one reason for the draching which i believe was fixed was those lands that you sacrifice life to go get other lands (i didnt see them after patching so assume they were removed). one of the crashes occured while the ai might have been trying to use the artifact that sacrifices to go get land. no clue about the other two crashes.
anyway just thought i would let you all know and hope that someday it will work smoothly.
also i forgot to check but in the un-pahtched iso there were a number of cards that would show up in a unlimited sealed deck match that were not from the unlimited set (mostly slivers) hopefully that got fixed but i didnt check that either after the patch.
also they were cards with the wrong art (sorry cant remember specifics and some i am not sure because i had never seen the card before but the picture seemed to have nothing to do with the card name or affects) anyway some of those might have been changed with the patch.
a realated question. when i installed the pathch i choose to use the original art (helps me recognize the card faster. but if i want to switch back to haveing the newer (and often better) card art can i just reinstall the patch and choose the other setting?
thanks for your time. one way or another playing shandelar for the first time in 10 years is great! keep up the great work.
oea

Re: game crashing regularily in sealed deck

Postby oea » 23 Sep 2011, 19:38

well sigh seems all those pay life and sacrifice land to go get land are still in, and to top it off while browsing here i found a thread where someone had mentioned this problem over a year ago which brings up the question are you even trying to fix the sealed deck part of this game? i hope so because i find it more fun then playing shandalar particularily with all the cards i have never played till now (which seem to be the problem cards as i never had this kinda problem with the original game).
unfortunately i cannot even avoid the crashes by not playing with newer cards. would be nice if when you play with unlimited you just got unlimited cards.
i dont think the cards are the only problem though. with the sac to get land cards the ai goes into a loop where it never resolves. but i have gotten 3 other types of crashes. one had a reason (sorry didnt write it down), another crashes manalink 2.0 which is all it says and the last type of crash really threw me because somehow what you have done made my windows explorer crash which shut down the game. anyway really hope you are trying to solve these problems.
oea

Return to Installation and Troubleshooting