It is currently 31 May 2024, 06:18

Text Size

Some weird things I've noticed

Downloads, Guides , General Support
PLEASE "SEARCH" BEFORE YOU POST!

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

Some weird things I've noticed

Postby rast » 10 Dec 2011, 19:37

Started playing this a few days ago. I've had a lot of fun, BUT there are bugs...

Sometimes in sealed, cards will appear in my pool that aren't in the chosen set. Sometimes they are cards that aren't in any of the available sets.
sealed.JPG
An M11 sealed I just did. ( I used two boxes and 4 packs, because I like big card pool. )

In draft, very often the same or very similar packs will appear repeatedly in the same draft. On the "wheel" (picks 9-15), sometimes cards will appear that I already took out of the pack. You can easily end up with 5 or more copies of the same card in just the first 15 picks. Also, just as in sealed, occasionally the cards that appear are not in the sets chosen.
nice draft.JPG
Enforce Rarity, triple Unlimited. The first 15 picks.

nice draft 2.JPG
Final draft result. Seems a bit easy to build.
rast

Re: Some weird things I've noticed

Postby Masaaki » 10 Dec 2011, 20:36

Seems like you tried with NewLimited, that one needs to be tweaked a bit.
As for draft, the algorithm that's responsible has it's flaws. Nevertheless, it's great it was implemented. Unlimited might not be a good choice for draft, because the card pool is rather small compared to modern sets. I recommend drafting Scars of Mirrodin, Mirrodin Besieged, or M11. Those are the sets that have been optimized for draft play.
Masaaki

Return to Installation and Troubleshooting