It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 11:54

Text Size

Manalink 3.0 Installation

Downloads, Guides , General Support
PLEASE "SEARCH" BEFORE YOU POST!

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Manalink 3.0 Installation

Postby CirothUngol » 06 Jun 2012, 23:53

The PlayDecks were all imported and processed using the Manalink PlayDeck Analyser v0.3. They contain all the PlayDecks from the original Microprose MtG, all the PlayDecks from the Manalink 2.0 install, a large cache of 2390 PlayDecks someone posted here in the forum, as well as every deck I've ever found for Apprectice, MWS, MtG:IE and OCTaGoN. With the large amount of card additions made with eack Manalink 3.0 update, more and more of these PlayDecks become available for use everytime. The latest update yields 2715 (out of 5000+) PlayDecks that contain no UnMatched or NonCoded cards.

If you know of a place to download a large cache of decks for any of the above softwares please let us know, so they may be added to the pool for future updates.
"I thought the day had brought enough horrors for our ragged band, but the night was far worse."
-Lucilde Fiksdotter

Shandalar 2012 Revisited
Magic: The Gathering Abandonware
CirothUngol
Programmer

Postby stassy » 17 Jun 2012, 20:49

Omg...I just discovered how to play ML 3 Avacyn in my Vista laptop : disable Avast or put Magic.exe into white list in the Suspect Action Agent section (others white list won't work).

A bit late since I am returning from foreign work but still nice to know.
stassy

Postby gmzombie » 25 Jun 2012, 00:25

so how exactly did you get this gqame to work under vista. ive been trying for hours now and it keeps getting closed. wont even start up but deck.exe will work. i tried dep settings disabling antivirus running in administrator. disabled the other settings along with running in win xp sp2 mode. nothing works
can I maze of ith your snowstorm?

http://home.comcast.net/~gmzombie/index.html old stuff in here. don't use this stuff right now till I get time to get back into it and readjust.
gmzombie

Postby stassy » 25 Jun 2012, 06:31

What antivirus are you running? The Magic.exe need to be put into a specific white list.

Maybe it's a bit much but try to uninstall the antivirus and check if it's still give an error, also can you paste the description of the error?
stassy

Postby gmzombie » 25 Jun 2012, 10:48

the comp is running avast
can I maze of ith your snowstorm?

http://home.comcast.net/~gmzombie/index.html old stuff in here. don't use this stuff right now till I get time to get back into it and readjust.
gmzombie

Postby stassy » 25 Jun 2012, 12:10

Put the path of your Magic.exe in this section and try it again.

Yes I know this screenshot is from an xp computer but my vista laptop is at home
stassy

Postby stassy » 06 Jul 2012, 12:22

Started to update the wiki, however I don't know or I don't have enough right to edit the wiki page filename so instead I created another temporary section dedicated to ML3.
stassy

Postby kr0kus » 09 Jul 2012, 20:56

Ok i downloaded microprose 2010 iso i installed it it runs good, i downloaded manalink_30, CardArtManalink, and CardArtShandalar, i try to patch by copy everything in manalink_30 and paste in to my dir. and then put the art folders in there. It did change the back ground of editor, but no art work showing,(also many other problems) (i uninstall) do i need a different version to patch, (is the iso unpatchable?)
I have downloaded many different programs here and am playing in forge now, working on getting the art downloaded. I am so glad I found this site!
kr0kus

Postby CirothUngol » 10 Jul 2012, 00:14

Do not install any update files from any other version of the game to this 2009/10 CD-ROM version.
Likewise, under no circumstances install these files to any other version of the game currently being developed at CCGHQ.
Failure to follow these instructions will result in the game becoming highly unstable or possibly failing to run, and will require a complete re-installation of the originally installed version of the game to rectify.
The above is from the 1st post of this thread, from where I'm assuming you downloaded the 2010 ISO.

The 2010 ISO is "frozen in time". It is no longer developed and represents Manalink from a time of proprietary graphics formats, no Rules Engine, and a 2000 card limit... my how things have changed. ^_^

If you'd like to download a Full Manalink 3.0 Install with all of the Bells and Whistles, check out the link in my signature and look in the \Manalink 3.0\ folder for the 2-part .RAR archive. Download both files, extract from the 1st file and then click Magic.exe... it should work like a charm.

Incidently, if it's Shandalar you're after (you know, the RPG portion of the game), that is also available, this time in the Shandalar 2012 folder, again with all the Bells and Whistles (no new cards in that one, though).
"I thought the day had brought enough horrors for our ragged band, but the night was far worse."
-Lucilde Fiksdotter

Shandalar 2012 Revisited
Magic: The Gathering Abandonware
CirothUngol
Programmer

Postby metal91 » 11 Jul 2012, 00:53

I had previously installed Manalink 3.00, but now it is locked and I had to reinstall only the second link in the Manalink 3.0 Installation and works great. Thank you .. :wink: =D>
metal91

Postby kr0kus » 11 Jul 2012, 21:04

CirothUngol, i love your signature! lol i downloaded the 2 rar files for manalink 3.0 and got the vcredits (c++ files) and it worked worderfully! << (if that's a word)
I also downloaded shandalar 2012 but i am having some trouble with it. do i put it in the folder with manalink? it won't start up, i get error message telling me can't find some files.
I GOT IT TO WORK!!! i used one of the sound mods and it worked! TY! TY! TY!
BTW manalink 3.0 kicks major butt! i love some of the preconstructed decks, and ...
i love it all so far lol!
kr0kus

Postby ALEX Ryugami » 12 Jul 2012, 13:25

So I've tried to play this game again and downloaded CirothUngol's version, but it doesn't show the text. What should I do? And this tutorial doesn't work since I only have 32-bit version :(
ALEX Ryugami

Postby stassy » 12 Jul 2012, 14:30

Try this from the wiki ML3 faq :

Q: Everything installs fine, but the text for the menus / cards is missing.
A: Restart your computer.
stassy

Postby ALEX Ryugami » 12 Jul 2012, 15:24

stassy wrote:Try this from the wiki ML3 faq :

Q: Everything installs fine, but the text for the menus / cards is missing.
A: Restart your computer.
It works, thanks for pointing that out.

Anyway, this game mod is the best Magic-related mod I've found so far. It's really awesome :)
ALEX Ryugami

Postby MaraxusOfFishes » 12 Jul 2012, 17:59

Hi all,

anyone knows what about constructed and draft in the new versions ( i understand they are not)?
the potencial is so great now with all the new cards so i really want to know if it is going to be fixed.
last i read "CirothUngol" said it is probably not working and so far i can play only with a few decks (Unlimited, the dark,...)
i've tried to make my own decks for draft ( should be super duper fun) as per a guide in this site for it doesn't work.

so basically i want to know: will draft and constructed will be fixed (maybe they ok and i got it really wrong). and will we be able to construct our own draft decks.

i really tried to read posts in the forum and understand it myself and right now i only understand draft and constructed doesn't work ok.

BTW, i've started playing magic at 1994 or so i know alot of the old cards. and it is very cool to see a lot of old cards which i loved and play with them. i salute you people!!!!.
MaraxusOfFishes

PreviousNext

Return to Installation and Troubleshooting