It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 13:22

Text Size

How can I maintain Manalink v3 updated?

Downloads, Guides , General Support
PLEASE "SEARCH" BEFORE YOU POST!

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

How can I maintain Manalink v3 updated?

Postby travolter » 26 Mar 2012, 18:10

What is the easiest way to maintain manalink 3 updated?

Exist a thread with a "full manalink" including all updates up to latest....?

Exist a thread with a cumulative update? (cumulative= all updates since v3 to latest?

Why not release new manalink V3 versions with release number including all updateds until that release time?

I ask because I see many card bugs corrected but I wonder where to update
travolter

Re: How can I maintain Manalink v3 updated?

Postby stassy » 27 Mar 2012, 05:14

Easiest way is to be up to date to the patch section of the forum, big updates are usually one per month with fixes between then.

Patches are cumulative from ML 3.0

There is no full updated ML 3.0 version because:
- Manalink can be customized in appearance, cards, deckbuilder, decks, card image...
- A complete Manalink folder is now 800 Mo (including card art, without it's 350 Mo), which is hard to upload every time at every update.

Fortunately, one nice fellow called CirothUngol created a mediafire storage that keep many versions of the game, including the 3.0 version :
http://www.mediafire.com/?18ih4ebbcxwxc

It's a complete working standalone version which content must extracted to a new folder (not in a 2.0 version).

From there just head to the Patch section and update to the latest update which is Dark Ascension v2
stassy

Postby travolter » 27 Mar 2012, 12:12

Thanks a lot for the info pal! much better now.
The link to the folder was really useful. Its a gold mine ;)
travolter

Postby CirothUngol » 27 Mar 2012, 12:36

...aww, shucks. Twern't nothin'. ^_^

Incidently, I've just updated the main Manalink 3.0 download folder by adding the latest update, added and updated all of the PlayDecks and seperated out the CardImages so the download is smaller and more useful for future updates.
"I thought the day had brought enough horrors for our ragged band, but the night was far worse."
-Lucilde Fiksdotter

Shandalar 2012 Revisited
Magic: The Gathering Abandonware
CirothUngol
Programmer

Postby stassy » 27 Mar 2012, 13:04

Thanks for the updated files CirothUngol.
May I suggest to put the original or the updated files in separate folders within the ML3 folder so people don't download them both?
stassy

Postby CirothUngol » 28 Mar 2012, 00:58

Yea, I upped those last night and waited until they were accessible before removing the previous files.

I'm trying to decide how to keep the folder for future updates... I'm thinking of leaving the basic Manalink 3.0 program folder as a seperate download that users only have to grab once, and then they can apply Patches and CardImages as new updates appear (like it is now). I believe that would be better for forward compatability, as well as fewer Megs to download.
I could also combine each update into one large, simple-to-use archive as Patches and CardImages become available (like it used to be), but that forces users to unnecessarily download ~150 Megs each time an update appears.

There are also a few add-ons that can be used for Manalink 3.0 that are in other MtG folders on my MediaFire account, like the Shandalar.avi animations and both AVI and WMV versions of the Microprose Tutorial, as well as my Manalink WAV Volume Adjuster (which I used on the current Manalink 3.0 download). I should probably move or duplicate these useful addons into the Manalink 3.0 folder, as I'm unsure if many people realise that they can be used with the newest updates or on modern systems.

Any thoughts?
"I thought the day had brought enough horrors for our ragged band, but the night was far worse."
-Lucilde Fiksdotter

Shandalar 2012 Revisited
Magic: The Gathering Abandonware
CirothUngol
Programmer

Return to Installation and Troubleshooting