It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 02:56

Text Size

Vanguard Avatar - Chaos Orb and Chaos Orb Lite Freezing Game

Downloads, Guides , General Support
PLEASE "SEARCH" BEFORE YOU POST!

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

Vanguard Avatar - Chaos Orb and Chaos Orb Lite Freezing Game

Postby beaveman » 22 Apr 2012, 06:19

I downloaded CirothUngol's version of Manalink 3.0 a few days ago and have discovered the enjoyment/challenge of Challenge mode. After clearing Challenge 1-1: Tribal Trials, I decided to give 1.2: Vanguard Vengeance a try. Unfortunately, I've only been able to actually start playing once. When the first Challenge match is ready to begin (Chaos Orb), the AI opponent's life is set at 50 but the game appears to freeze up before they draw a single card. I end up having to go into Task Manager to end the program after waiting a while. After a few tries at restarting the challenge, I decided to just try the Vanguard Avatar - Chaos Orb deck in a simple duel with the same result. The same thing happened with Chaos Orb Lite. I speculated that it might have something to do with having to scan the huge number of decks in the library (over 2500 :shock: ) to randomly select a single color one, so I moved almost all of the decks to a different folder, leaving just the ones used in the challenges (i.e. jelves.dck, jkobolds.dck, etc) as well as the deck I was planning to use, but that didn't help. I did leave the program running once for something like two hours and it was no longer frozen after I returned, but the program ended up crashing mid-match during the Momir Avatar round due to some other error. I tried to restart it again after that, left the program running for something like 4 hours, and it was still frozen. While frozen, Windows Task Manager shows magic.exe using 50% CPU and the fan runs hard, nonstop.

Is this a common problem or just an issue with my computer?

I am playing on an Intel Pentium, 2.8 GHz, 1 GB RAM with Windows XP Media Center Edition, Service Pack 3.
beaveman

Re: Vanguard Avatar - Chaos Orb and Chaos Orb Lite Freezing

Postby stassy » 22 Apr 2012, 06:29

If you want to report a bug, please do so in the bug section of this forum here :
viewforum.php?f=86

This bug has already been reported and fixed for the next update.
stassy

Re: Vanguard Avatar - Chaos Orb and Chaos Orb Lite Freezing

Postby beaveman » 22 Apr 2012, 07:01

Ah, I Google'd the forum for Vanguard Chaos Orb and Vanguard Avatar Chaos Orb and didn't see anything, but I guess I didn't search for just "Avatar Chaos Orb" so I didn't come across that post. Thanks.
beaveman

Return to Installation and Troubleshooting