It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 11:59

Text Size

Manalink 3.0 July version

Downloads, Guides , General Support
PLEASE "SEARCH" BEFORE YOU POST!

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

Manalink 3.0 July version

Postby aww1979 » 29 Jul 2012, 23:12

I haven't been around the forum in a very long time, but I've been poking my head in occasionally to see if progress had been made on the 2000 card limit problem. Firstly, I'd like to thank everyone for making that possible, and I'm sure I'll be playing this an awful lot in the future :)

I have few questions with regards to the new version, however.

-In shandalar, all of the icons (flying, first strike, protection red, etc) and counters on cards (+1/+1, etc) and summoning sickness (even when selected in the options) are not visible. The cards behave as they are supposed to, but the visuals aren't there. What happened to them, and can I get them back? I'm not sure what version I had before, but several other visual changes have occurred since I last played, such as a new user interface after running Magic.exe, creature power/toughness numbers are much smaller, and damage numbers are much smaller and don't have the red line through them. (none of which are causing problems, but are merely different than I'm used to) In the gauntlet, they all appear as normal.

-Is there any way in the deckbuilder to tell which cards transform into what? I understand the mechanic and have seen a few of those cards, but I'm not familiar enough with the specific cards to know which ones transform into what. I can just go to an online database to find out what they do, but I was looking for an in-game solution.
aww1979
Tester

Re: Manalink 3.0 July version

Postby stassy » 30 Jul 2012, 03:11

Well, it depend on what version are you using, I highly suggest using the one from the wiki and update to the latest version if not done yet (Kamigawa V3).

With the Deckbuilder, you can tell a card that transform:
- By filtering with the word "transform" + creature filter
- By filtering with the word "flip" + creature filter
stassy

Postby CirothUngol » 30 Jul 2012, 23:39

I had similar visual and graphics problems when trying the new Shandalar update. So, I figured them out, re-pulled all the original graphics, stuck in some new ones, and made the Shandalar 2012 Install.
It's currently a beta... go read the Forum Post, download the install and give it a try. As always, if you notice something amiss, please leave a comment in that thread telling us about it.

Counters and Icons won't show because the image files you're using are too large. The Power\Toughness appears wrong because the Font info has been changed in the file \DuelArt\Duel.dat... at least that's what was wrong with mine.
"I thought the day had brought enough horrors for our ragged band, but the night was far worse."
-Lucilde Fiksdotter

Shandalar 2012 Revisited
Magic: The Gathering Abandonware
CirothUngol
Programmer

Postby aww1979 » 31 Jul 2012, 01:03

CirothUngol wrote:Counters and Icons won't show because the image files you're using are too large. The Power\Toughness appears wrong because the Font info has been changed in the file \DuelArt\Duel.dat... at least that's what was wrong with mine.
Now that you mention it, I think I remember something like this happening to me years ago, only with card text boxes being blank. It turned out the fonts were wrong or deleted or something. I'll give that a try :)
aww1979
Tester

Postby NozE8 » 01 Aug 2012, 06:05

-In shandalar, all of the icons (flying, first strike, protection red, etc) and counters on cards (+1/+1, etc) and summoning sickness (even when selected in the options) are not visible. The cards behave as they are supposed to, but the visuals aren't there
I've tried searching the forums but this is the only place that mentions this problem. I have this same problem when I install Manalink 3.0 or Shandalar 2012 beta. The problems also seem to be fixed when I use duel or gauntlet.

If the problem is that the image files I'm using are too large where would I get proper sized ones? Keep in mind that I have only used the downloads that are available here, as is, and haven't tried to modify them.
NozE8

Postby stassy » 01 Aug 2012, 07:58

It might be the file abilities.bmp in the CardArt folder, however I am not sure since it's used for ML3. This file went through several mod in order to fit high resolution.
stassy

Postby CirothUngol » 01 Aug 2012, 12:49

NozE8 wrote:If the problem is that the image files I'm using are too large where would I get proper sized ones?
The image files in question are Abilities.pic and CardCounters.pic in the CardArt folder. Try running Shandlalar 2012 by itself, they should be there and they should work. Manalink and Shandalar share many images between the two, and it seems that not all are compatible with each other.
"I thought the day had brought enough horrors for our ragged band, but the night was far worse."
-Lucilde Fiksdotter

Shandalar 2012 Revisited
CirothUngol
Programmer

Postby NozE8 » 02 Aug 2012, 03:36

It seems that Abilities.pic and CardCounters.pic both have bitmap (.bmp) extensions in this release. I renamed them to .pic and that seems to have turned the trick for things like flying banding and protection from. **EDIT Simply renaming these 2 files caused an error when launching Magic.exe. Fixed this by leaving a .bmp copy and making a .pic copy. EDIT** This However I still seem to have blank power up effect cards from things like Firebreathing, Blessing and Giant Growth etc. The Power Up Effect cards are blank both in Manalink 3.0 and Shandalar2012beta but not in Gargaroz version. Any idea how I might go about fixing Power Up Effects?

PS: I want to thank everybody for their work on this. I'm blown away that this place even exists.
Last edited by NozE8 on 03 Aug 2012, 00:26, edited 3 times in total.
NozE8

Postby CirothUngol » 02 Aug 2012, 19:20

...when you say "Blank", do you mean No Images? No Words? Both?
-Lucilde Fiksdotter

Shandalar 2012 Revisited
CirothUngol
Programmer

Postby NozE8 » 02 Aug 2012, 21:30

Sorry I guess I should have made that more clear. The Power Up Effect card shows the correct image but the text is blank.

I guess this isn't a big deal most of the time because the corresponding power up effect is reflected on the front of the targeted card. It's just confusing for some friends who I'm showing the game to and they are still overwhelmed with figuring things out.
NozE8

Postby CirothUngol » 03 Aug 2012, 04:57

Oops... it would seem that I've left out the Legacy.csv file. As in, the file that contains all the Legacy Text for cards in the game. We need that.
Grab the file below and unzip it to the Program Folder (the same folder that contains Shandalar.exe).
That should fix things (...guess that's why they call 'em betas ^_^).

Thanx for pointing that out, please let us know if you find any other errors.
Attachments
Legacy.csv.zip
File needed for Legacy Text in Shandalar
(12.52 KiB) Downloaded 410 times
-Lucilde Fiksdotter

Shandalar 2012 Revisited
CirothUngol
Programmer

Postby NozE8 » 03 Aug 2012, 05:15

That worked. Thank you very much!
NozE8

Return to Installation and Troubleshooting