It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 06:19

Text Size

freezing bug

Downloads, Guides , General Support
PLEASE "SEARCH" BEFORE YOU POST!

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

freezing bug

Postby xaxtan » 19 Aug 2012, 04:22

I did a search before i posted this, and thought someone would have posted this problem before but I couldn't find it. I'm running windows 7 on my laptop. When i play, and it can be right after a fresh boot up or after my pc has been on for hours, and can be the first game I play or the 10th. Anyway, the problem is, the game seems to freeze up, 99% of the time on the AI's turn before his attack phase. Once in a while it may be after the attack or on my turn, but not very often. I haven't noticed any particular card that would cause it. And, again, it can happen in the first game i play or i may be able to play several games before it happens.

Any way to fix this?

xax

Edit by Stassy : Moving Troubleshooting thread to its appropriate section
xaxtan

Re: freezing bug

Postby stassy » 19 Aug 2012, 05:00

What version of ML are you using and what mode?
Do you run ML with admin mode?
Did you make a check at others processes that might hinder ML while it's running? (Such as antivirus or firewall)
stassy

Postby xaxtan » 21 Aug 2012, 17:41

I'm using the 3.0 that gargaroz posted.

I hadn't been running with admin on, so i turned it on and went a really long time, but eventually it did freeze up again.

For the firewall and AV question, i've tried with them on and with them disabled while i was offline, both seem to make it lock up.

And sorry about putting this in the wrong forum. Thank you for the help
xaxtan

Postby stassy » 22 Aug 2012, 04:33

Do the freeze happen on any deck used? Can you provide some example so we can test it out?
stassy

Postby xaxtan » 22 Aug 2012, 13:24

i usually either do the sealed deck tourn or try a run through a gauntlet, all single player vs ai stuff. by the time i get to my 3rd or 4th opponent it tends to hang up on the AI's turn. I haven't seen any particular card or deck that causes it. Its happened with stuff i've made and with decks already made by others.

It almost seems to be like its trying to think through an infinite amount of options and just can't decide what to do. the cursor arrow turns into a green circle and just spins and spins. I can walk away for 20 minutes and come back and the AI is still thinking.

I thought it might be a RAM thing, but there have been times i've just started my computer up and the only thing i did was launch M:TG and it will stall on the first game.
xaxtan

Postby stassy » 22 Aug 2012, 16:06

Well, with the latest version most loop bug are supposed to be fixed but those that include the new target system (and everything related to it like hexproof).

If you happen to stumble again on your freeze problem, after ending the Magic.exe process please attach the file AUTOSAVE.E1M or AUTOSAVE.E1G as a zipped or text renamed file located in the Savegame folder so we can look it up.
stassy

Return to Installation and Troubleshooting