Text Size

State of the Union ?

Downloads, Guides , General Support
PLEASE "SEARCH" BEFORE YOU POST!

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

State of the Union ?

Postby decker » 23 Oct 2012, 09:40

Hello,
I was off the forum for over a year, and I'm really amazed by all the work that has been done by all you guys.

Well done !

I'm however a bit confused on the current state of the game, indeed when someone reeds a forum, the topics become obsolete, but are rarely tagged as such.

I've managed to install, CirithUngol's 2 file Rar, and was happy that it worked pretty well on my 64bit Win 7.

I was amazed when I saw the Manalink PlayDeck Analyser v0.4b, it is really a great tool to manage decks.

All my previous Manalink decks migrated fine, but I then tried to import my decks from MWS, and 95% of them went into the non Coded folder.

So my main question is this :

1) What is the status of the 2000 card limit ?
2) Is the software made to swap out cards in and out still compatible with Manalink 3.
3) Is there a file I can look at to see if a card is in the 2000 or if it has ever been coded ?
4) Have their been changes that make card programming simpler ?

Thanks again !
Decker
decker

Re: State of the Union ?

Postby stassy » 23 Oct 2012, 11:33

1) The 2k limit is now broken for around 3-4 patch years, that mean all the coded cards that where in Golden Years or Limited addons are now supposed to be merged into the latest ML version.
However, that doesn't mean that all existing cards in MTG are there, because they were not coded before ( Shahrazad for eg.).

2)The card swapper is now obsolete since all previously coded cards are in the latest ML version

3)Just search for the card name in the ML3 forum, it should be there.
If it's in there but not in the game, please report it in the Bug Section as it might not have been reactivated by error.
If it's not in there but in the game, well it must have been forgotten in the patch list

4)Currently cards are coded in C so unfortunately there is no easy way to make them.

Also PDA has a nifty feature to replace cards from deck by using a specified list, you can use it to mass replace decks.
stassy

Re: State of the Union ?

Postby decker » 23 Oct 2012, 18:16

Thanks for all the clarifications.
I'll have to get my hands on some of the code to see if I can hope to help code one day...

I studied C a year in college, but I haven't coded in C in the past 8 years, I still do some scripting everyday at work however.
decker

Return to Installation and Troubleshooting