It is currently 30 Apr 2024, 03:45

Text Size

ManaLink Graphic Updates & Info

Downloads, Guides , General Support
PLEASE "SEARCH" BEFORE YOU POST!

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

Re: ManaLink Graphic Updates & Info

Postby gmzombie » 05 Jun 2009, 23:05

scythe000 wrote:forgive mw, IANOAP, but does the sub refer to a subroutine? Does it point to an existing section of code that tells the app how to render bmps? If so, then what you say makes perfect sense! I didn't even know the prog was rendering any bmps at all. Now, if we could get it to do pngs, that'd rock.
yes the prog does render the bmps like the card borders some pack bmps among a few others...Jatill would moks subroutine for bmps work in this matter? i mean there no pngs but they are bmps...which is better than none.
can I maze of ith your snowstorm?

http://home.comcast.net/~gmzombie/index.html old stuff in here. don't use this stuff right now till I get time to get back into it and readjust.
gmzombie

Postby meesterhans » 06 Jun 2009, 09:25

Hallo again,

I still got a feeling I'm missing some kind of update... When I play draft I can choose cards that I can't 'see' in the bottem border of deckconstruction... I see them in the main window of deckconstruction, but I can't for instance duplicate them because there missing in de main card list... Card I'm missing for instance are; sneak attack, recurring nightmare...

Can somebody please say if this is right, or that I'm missing something....

THANK A MILLION!

Hans
meesterhans

Postby gmzombie » 09 Jun 2009, 00:26

so is anybody willing to jump into the magic.c and redo the files that have pic to bmp. Math has all the pics ready if i recall and i dont think it would be that hard. Also i tried looking for the deckbuilder pics and cannot find them anywhere...am i looking in the wrong exe. i looked under deck and magic. should i look under duel? or maybe some dll files

http://home.comcast.net/~gmzombie/index.html old stuff in here. don't use this stuff right now till I get time to get back into it and readjust.
gmzombie

Postby jatill » 09 Jun 2009, 11:52

meesterhans wrote:Hallo again,

I still got a feeling I'm missing some kind of update... When I play draft I can choose cards that I can't 'see' in the bottem border of deckconstruction... I see them in the main window of deckconstruction, but I can't for instance duplicate them because there missing in de main card list... Card I'm missing for instance are; sneak attack, recurring nightmare...

Can somebody please say if this is right, or that I'm missing something....

THANK A MILLION!

Hans
Yes, this is expected, until those cards are coded. See the race to 2000 thread for details.
jatill
DEVELOPER

Postby mathusalem » 09 Jun 2009, 17:18

gmzombie wrote:so is anybody willing to jump into the magic.c and redo the files that have pic to bmp. Math has all the pics ready if i recall and i dont think it would be that hard. Also i tried looking for the deckbuilder pics and cannot find them anywhere...am i looking in the wrong exe. i looked under deck and magic. should i look under duel? or maybe some dll files
I think the deckbuilder pics are those in the DBart folder. If I'm not mistaken, you have sent me the buttons. i think the background is a pattern, I think i have the images for that pattern. And I have the background for the card scrollbar. I think I have those images.
I haven't statet to work on the deckbuilder though. i'm waiting first to see if someone can load the new images.
mathusalem

Postby Salbei » 09 Jun 2009, 18:06

ah math btw did you cover the single phases thing ?
you know when you are in the first mainphase for example the phase is yellow instead of blue.
it looks like there where 2 files for that . 1 with all phase buttons inactive and one with em all active . the game overrides the passive buttons with the active one when you enter the phase and switches back to passive once you leave the phase.

hope you get what i mean.
Retired a long time ago. I will not reply.
Salbei
DEVELOPER

Postby mathusalem » 09 Jun 2009, 19:17

No I haven't changed a thing yet. If there is a bug in the single phase image, this bug belongs entirely to you :)
mathusalem

Postby Juzam Djinn » 10 Jun 2009, 19:30

The skin of mathusalem looks awesome! I hope somebody will do the coding to implement this skin =D>.
"Expect my visit when the darkness comes. The night I think is best for hiding all." - Ouallada
Juzam Djinn

Postby gmzombie » 11 Jun 2009, 03:26

[/quote]I think the deckbuilder pics are those in the DBart folder. If I'm not mistaken, you have sent me the buttons. i think the background is a pattern, I think i have the images for that pattern. And I have the background for the card scrollbar. I think I have those images.
I haven't statet to work on the deckbuilder though. i'm waiting first to see if someone can load the new images.[/quote]

yea i know that but i havent been able to find in the .c file where they are. maybe snacko or jatill or Harry can comment? maybe we can convince one or all of them to do some changes for us. :D

gmzombie

Postby mathusalem » 15 Jun 2009, 14:49

mathusalem wrote:IMAGE LINKS

This is the link for my complete CardArtNew floder it should be up to date. up to date as of May 24th !

http://rapidshare.com/files/236634798/CardArtNew.rar

EDIT HERE is the update with the latest cards look no further ! note that you should remove the underscore from the file's name if you want to extract directly to your folder

http://rapidshare.com/files/244827939/CardArtNew_.rar

It's back ! enjoy ! :) :)

General Summary of the images used in the game (will be updated as I find the stuff)

Format used presently : .pic
Format that we should find a way to use : .bmp, or rather .png
Color mode :
now 256 colors
should be : RVB 8 bit colors
game definition 1024 x 768

Image sizes :

"Playmats" (TERR_RED....etc.pic) : 720 x 380 pixels
Graveyards : 60 x 90 pixels
Deckbuilder buttons : 40 x 40 pixels
small tile ("decktile") : 32 x 32
Deckbar : 800 x 198
Mana tiles : 117 x 100

Here is a link to my first test images for a new skin. it contains the files both in BMP and PNG, these should be in the DUELART folder. This is for test purpose if one of you finds where to tell the game to load these instead of the usual pic files

http://rapidshare.com/files/230708175/DuelartNew.rar
EDIT : oups touched the wrong button ....well this is just an update of the card at new folder.
mathusalem

Postby jatill » 18 Jun 2009, 13:22

Does anyone know where I can find the icon file for Magic.exe? I want to use that same icon for another exe file. If not, maybe Mathusalem could make me one :)
jatill
DEVELOPER

Postby Salbei » 18 Jun 2009, 13:31

http://rapidshare.com/files/245916999/Magic.ico.html

there you go

-> googled "extract image from exe" and used a tool from a german pc-magazine to get that image from the exe.

hope that is what you where looking for.
Retired a long time ago. I will not reply.
Salbei
DEVELOPER

Postby jatill » 18 Jun 2009, 13:43

Salbei wrote:http://rapidshare.com/files/245916999/Magic.ico.html

there you go

-> googled "extract image from exe" and used a tool from a german pc-magazine to get that image from the exe.

hope that is what you where looking for.
Brilliant, thanks. The color is a little bit off, actually, but that's fine. The community will be rewarded for your help later today :)
jatill
DEVELOPER

Postby EviL_CLonE » 20 Jun 2009, 00:51

There is something in the game that's very annoying:

Microprose is still getting credit for this game.

I've been thinking about changing it, but couldn't find the file that contains that image.
I would like something like this:

Does anyone know how can I do this?
EviL_CLonE

Postby gmzombie » 21 Jun 2009, 18:09

haha thats classic

gmzombie

PreviousNext

Return to Installation and Troubleshooting