It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 22:47

Text Size

Download Original MicroProse & ManaLink Game Files!

Downloads, Guides , General Support
PLEASE "SEARCH" BEFORE YOU POST!

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Download Original MicroProse & ManaLink Game Files!

Postby Legorol » 18 Apr 2013, 15:50

Here is a zip file with a 32-bit Application Compatibility Fix for Windows 7 and 8. (Works in 64-bit OS as well!)
Attachments
MtG AppCompat Fix 32-bit.zip
32-bit Application Compatibility Fix for Windows 7 and 8
(635 Bytes) Downloaded 1067 times
Last edited by Legorol on 20 Apr 2013, 17:12, edited 1 time in total.
Legorol

Postby Legorol » 20 Apr 2013, 17:11

Today I tried Specter's old compatibility fix in 64-bit Windows 7. Originally I thought that this was a 64-bit fix, because it wouldn't open in 32-bit Compatibility Assistant. However, I could not open it in 64-bit Compatibility Assistant either, so I don't know anymore what kind of fix it is. I have therefore changed the attachment in my previous post, to contain only the 32-bit compatibility fix. Fortunately the 32-bit fix can be used both in 32-bit and 64-bit OS.
Legorol

Postby skibulk » 26 Nov 2013, 04:13

Is there an archive of the official game artwork, for manalink, shandalar, including all expansions? Also, the fonts archive has expired from media fire. Could somebody re-upload it? Thanks!
skibulk
HQ Team Member

Postby stassy » 26 Nov 2013, 06:03

Do you mean the official original game or the latest patch?
stassy

Postby skibulk » 26 Nov 2013, 13:19

I mean the official original game art.
skibulk
HQ Team Member

Postby stassy » 27 Nov 2013, 06:58

The oldest archive I can find might be here, I don't know if the links are still valid though
stassy

Postby Huggybaby » 04 May 2014, 15:51

Hello everyone. We're looking for some DotP assets as we build a launcher for the original version.

If you own the game, with the box etc, and have a scanner, you can really help us out. We need high res scans of:

advertisements for the game
box art (front /back)
medias art (any cd's, floppies. or any other media scans)
manual
extras (weblinks, scanned materials, soundtracks, really anything can go here)

Thanks!
Huggybaby
Administrator

Postby deamastad » 09 Jun 2015, 17:50

I have downloaded manalink1.3.2 and custom installer 2010 with no luck on mutiplayer. I cant get it to let me be host. with the manalink3.0 i am able to be host, invite my son to play and set parameters. when i start the duel it shows him as having no deck and i win as soon as he draws. on his end it puts him againt a bot with my name or does the same no deck thing. How do i get manalink to work for multiplayer and which version is most stable for this?
deamastad

Postby Aswan jaguar » 10 Jun 2015, 14:36

@Deamastad some basic things to remember is:
1- You both must have the same Manalink version,(it is also mentioned that problems can even happen if the players use different OS).
2- Go to config.txt and put blank or 0 to everything but the Rules Engine 1.
3- Some work has been made,improvements to several cards for Internet play as a result of working on other things in Manalink3.0 but none tested or reported back to tell us what is the current status.The latest info is way too insufficient and 3 years back but good to set up internet parameters:
viewtopic.php?f=56&t=7002
Early Manalink 2.0 versions must be the more stable for net play.(A lot of guys in the past reported good play and only few crashes with early Manalink 2.0 versions)
I would have suggested custom installer 2010 but you told it doesn't let you be the host.(never tested it myself)

If you make it work especially with Manalink 3.0 please report back to us your results which cards/abilities crash the game.
3 years ago when I tested Fetchlands were crashing the game for sure.
---
Trying to squash some bugs and playtesting.
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Postby deamastad » 10 Jun 2015, 18:07

After doing some more digging i removed everything from my computer and started again. I went with the 2010 version. Created a new player and it worked perfect. now i can play multiplayer with my son. my nephew who lives a couple hours away cant get his manalink to stop saying nonet. any idea how to fix that?
deamastad

Postby Aswan jaguar » 13 Jun 2015, 06:55

@Deamastad your nephew most probably hasn't got the auto-connect (like most of us) on so when it loads the program and the Manalink gem is loaded also it says NONET, the same happens to me.He has to right click on the gem and open it.If he has already tried this,sorry I can't think of anything else.
---
Trying to squash some bugs and playtesting.
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Postby deamastad » 15 Jun 2015, 16:30

i got his to say net if he creates as host guess that wasnt the problem. cant connect through ip address for some reason. just switched to different forum thread since lingering off topic. thank you.
deamastad

Postby mygskennels » 15 Jul 2016, 11:02

Where can I download the latest or original MTG PC game?
Most of the links from mediafire & rapid share are gone...

hehehe, links pls. thank you.
mygskennels

Postby ozgur1318 » 16 Feb 2018, 01:07

Editted !
ok very nice post with all those files. my big questıon is this : as i burned out my vıdeo card i need either a Mtg that works on dosbox or/and the one who uses Vga graphics & 640*480 resolutıon!
i have been searchıng for days : as i found out ın one of the manalınked shandalars that i used to play before the burn out oy my vıdeo card is useless now. cuz the game opens and everything seems ok but the card images is very problematic : actually there is no image in the towns that sell random cards. and another big issue ıs lets say i go inside a town open my decks to arrange them .on the below all the cards are there with their small images. but on the very left side where there supposed to be the magnified version of the card with all the cards texting and stuff is all fuzzy with no pics; cant even read the text !! and lets say i love the game so much that i even tried playıng lıke thıs but The Biggest of the biggest problems is "the boot " problem . when i played enough &close the game; i see a green/darkish screen and windows is stuck and etc i had to reboot.. btw since the brake down of the video card i can only open my wındows xp via pressing F8 and chosing "
enable Vga mode " ...so its really problematic!
i would be so happy if i can find any game that may work related to Magic.. i cant even open my ex favorıte game "Forge" on windows and it doesnt support doxbox either.. please help ,i'm really stuck...
(ps : i also noticed on the readme file of Shandalar that it requıres Svga graphics !! so am i asking the impossible ?? )
ozgur1318

Postby BlackestLotus » 26 Nov 2019, 15:23

Would it be possible to get a reupload on the Duels of the Planeswalkers and Spells on the Ancients full images? I'd be happy to set up an extra mirror on my GDrive once I have the files. :)
BlackestLotus

Previous

Return to Installation and Troubleshooting