It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 19:01

Text Size

Download Original MicroProse & ManaLink Game Files!

Downloads, Guides , General Support
PLEASE "SEARCH" BEFORE YOU POST!

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Download Original MicroProse & ManaLink Game Files!

Postby CirothUngol » 18 May 2009, 23:43

Yes, I can verify that the DotP CD Install contains 488 cards out of the box, which goes up to 640 when you install SotA. The same 640 cards are available by installing Mok's ManaLink 1.3.2 over DotP. If you use the original UnderDogs install, it already has ManaLink 1.3.2 installed and the corresponding 640 cards available. I'm still astonished that we can use so many cards now!

Incidently, I have the original Microprose MtG CD if you're interested for archival purposes (I cloned it before selling it off on eBay). If so, I could email a torrent link to one of you, or just setup an online achive so people could grab it (for as long as that lasts). Just lemme know...
"I thought the day had brought enough horrors for our ragged band, but the night was far worse."
-Lucilde Fiksdotter

Shandalar 2012 Revisited
Magic: The Gathering Abandonware
CirothUngol
Programmer

Postby Huggybaby » 19 May 2009, 13:33

Thanks for that. Do you know if your unpatched 488 card DotP includes Juzam Djinn?

Although the original MTG was made obsolete by the subsequent releases, I suppose we should have it for the sake of having a perfect collection, so please upload it or send me a torrent link.
Huggybaby
Administrator

Postby CirothUngol » 20 May 2009, 03:28

Actually, Juzam Djinn is NOT in the DotP install (I thought to look for it since it was in question here). My card counts are reliant upon the accuracy of both my counting skills and the MtG Deck Editor, but I'm pretty sure they're right.

As for the CD Image of MtG 1.0, I'm upping it to Mediafire right now (460MB, 5 part RAR, ECMed, CloneCD). That will obviously take me well over an hour, so I'll try to post the links to it in the morning... if not I'll do it tomorrow evening. Depending on how far you'd like to take this "archival" thing, I might be able to lay my hands on the other early updates and stuff. No promises, but I'm sure I burned 'em on one of my many, many CDRs... it's simply a matter of finding them. ^_^
"I thought the day had brought enough horrors for our ragged band, but the night was far worse."
-Lucilde Fiksdotter

Shandalar 2012 Revisited
CirothUngol
Programmer

Postby CirothUngol » 20 May 2009, 13:16

--Sorry for the Double Post--

Here are the Mediafire links...

I'll replace these with *UnCorrupted Versions* heh...

Glad I could help!
Last edited by CirothUngol on 23 May 2009, 16:49, edited 1 time in total.
-Lucilde Fiksdotter

Shandalar 2012 Revisited
CirothUngol
Programmer

Postby SamuelAugust » 20 May 2009, 19:05

The game I got on ebay installs fine but will not open to play!?!?!?!?!?!? :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
I have the game running but still have some glitching problems.
When I go to start a new character it skips strait to the character edit. Have to push ESC to back step.
And when I try to take a tribute from the warlocks it skips strait to the duel. I've no choice.
Also, I can only edit my deck in a town, There's a limit of three vampire bats instead of four (Haven't had more of any other card so I hope it's isolated to the bats) when I do leave the deck editor the screen goes black, I have to click a few times for the town menu to come back, and when I buy food it buys VERY quickly so quick it will deplete my gold if I'm not careful.
SamuelAugust

Postby Huggybaby » 21 May 2009, 00:16

Thanks CirothUngol, I'll put those links in the first post.

SamuelAugust, are you using the manalink patch? Have you tried screen resolution of 16 bit, 1024x768? SmilingSpectre's ACT fix? Turning off unnecessary services? If none of that works, you'll have to run it in a Win 95 or 98 virtual machine.
Huggybaby
Administrator

Postby Huggybaby » 21 May 2009, 00:25

CirothUngol wrote:Actually, Juzam Djinn is NOT in the DotP install (I thought to look for it since it was in question here).
Thanks, that confirms Bog Wraith's experience. I wonder what Snacko did differently? I hope he didn't install the manalink patch. #-o
Huggybaby
Administrator

Postby CirothUngol » 21 May 2009, 01:29

@ HuggyB
I'm not sure. I installed DotP on MS VirtualPC using a new, bare install of 98micro.

@ SamuelAugust
A couple of those issues, the 3 card limit and altering your deck only in towns, aren't errors at all. You have to collect items in Shandalar to open those options. Check out the manual provided on the first post of this thread. Some of the other stuff (skipping directly to duel when trying to accept tribute and the food buying) sounds like speed issues that should have been addressed by ManaLink updates starting with 1.3.2.

Does anyone think there's a need for a VMWare Application? I've made a few in the past (got a great one for the You Don't Know Jack series), and I could try to whip one up. Users could check out Microprose MtG with animations and tutorials on Win2K, WinXP, Linux and Vista(?)... all they'd have to do is install VMWare's free player. Anyone?
-Lucilde Fiksdotter

Shandalar 2012 Revisited
CirothUngol
Programmer

Postby Huggybaby » 21 May 2009, 02:11

What is involved with the VMWare free player? Any details? I've never tried it but hopefully that solution would be easier than installing Virtual PC and then an OS. If so, that sounds great, the more solutions the better! Our downloads collection kills anything available elsewhere and that would really be cool. Bogs doesn't like the confusion but we can fix that with a few more instructions.
Huggybaby
Administrator

Postby CirothUngol » 21 May 2009, 06:36

On my side, I'll install Windoze and MtG on a virtual appliance with VMWare Workstation. On the other end, user's install VMWare Player (seems unintrusive enough, about 50-60 meg download) and use it to open the appliance. Voila! I'll get that going in the next couple of days.
Which exact version should I put together, just the major update (ManaLink 2.0) or the whole-ball-of-wax (jatil 2009/05/13 and latest card updates)? I've had trouble getting the latest updates to run using Win98 (both actual and virtual), problem loading manalinkeh.dll.

Hrmm... seems the download for the VM Player is down on the VMWare website. I have the Windoze version (2.5.0), but not any others.
-Lucilde Fiksdotter

Shandalar 2012 Revisited
CirothUngol
Programmer

Postby Snacko » 21 May 2009, 11:31

Huggybaby wrote:
CirothUngol wrote:Actually, Juzam Djinn is NOT in the DotP install (I thought to look for it since it was in question here).
Thanks, that confirms Bog Wraith's experience. I wonder what Snacko did differently? I hope he didn't install the manalink patch. #-o
I don't have my orginal cds with me so I used the one provided in the other thread
1) MAGIC: THE GATHERING "Duels of the Planeswalkers"
by MicroProse (Abandonware)
Version 3.0, 14 January 1998
It looks like it has not been tampered with, and it already had Juzam Djinn.
Snacko
DEVELOPER

Postby Huggybaby » 21 May 2009, 16:17

Snacko, that version is untampered with...man, I give up trying to figure this then.

CirothUngol, stick with version 2.0 for now.
Huggybaby
Administrator

Postby herbert5 » 21 May 2009, 17:00

CirothUngol wrote:--Sorry for the Double Post--

Here are the Mediafire links...

Microprose MtG v1.0 part 1
Microprose MtG v1.0 part 2
Microprose MtG v1.0 part 3
Microprose MtG v1.0 part 4
Microprose MtG v1.0 part 5

Glad I could help!
Can someone confirm this works ?
I downloaded it but it has a crc error , dont want to redownload it unless i'm sure the file are ok

I did a fresh install of DOP on win98, there are indeed no arabian nights nor antiquities.
herbert5

Postby Huggybaby » 21 May 2009, 19:23

Part 1 is fine, and I'll be checking the rest in due course, but it was probably just a download glitch on your end.
Huggybaby
Administrator

Postby Huggybaby » 22 May 2009, 02:52

Oh, how wrong I was.

! E:\MTG_1.0.part2.rar: Packed data CRC failed in MTG v1.0.img.ecm. The volume is corrupt
! E:\MTG_1.0.part4.rar: Packed data CRC failed in MTG v1.0.img.ecm. The volume is corrupt
! E:\MTG_1.0.part5.rar: CRC failed in MTG v1.0.img.ecm. The file is corrupt
I should have checked before mirroring everything first.

BTW, DotP has been downloaded about 400 times. :)
Huggybaby
Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to Installation and Troubleshooting