It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 07:55

Text Size

Download Original MicroProse & ManaLink Game Files!

Downloads, Guides , General Support
PLEASE "SEARCH" BEFORE YOU POST!

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Download Original MicroProse & ManaLink Game Files!

Postby Snacko » 22 May 2009, 08:21

Huggybaby wrote:Snacko, that version is untampered with...man, I give up trying to figure this then.

CirothUngol, stick with version 2.0 for now.
So here is what I've found. The 3.0 version has all the cards but it still needs the serial from SotA to enable the use of them(which means it's not a fully stand alone version).
Snacko
DEVELOPER

Postby Huggybaby » 22 May 2009, 13:12

Correct. DotP is standalone, it just has locked, hidden cards. SotA is not standalone, it must be used with DotP or the original MTG. So that means you must use SotA to unlock Juzam Djinn.

Aside from unlocking cards, SotA also changes the look of the game somewhat, but that hardly seems worth the effort when you can use a manalink patch.
Huggybaby
Administrator

Postby CirothUngol » 23 May 2009, 17:10

Huggybaby wrote:Oh, how wrong I was.

! E:\MTG_1.0.part2.rar: Packed data CRC failed in MTG v1.0.img.ecm. The volume is corrupt
! E:\MTG_1.0.part4.rar: Packed data CRC failed in MTG v1.0.img.ecm. The volume is corrupt
! E:\MTG_1.0.part5.rar: CRC failed in MTG v1.0.img.ecm. The file is corrupt
I should have checked before mirroring everything first.

BTW, DotP has been downloaded about 400 times. :)
Ouch! I just checked the originals, and they're A-OK. Maybe an upload error? I've removed the links from my previous post and I'll try to re-up them soon. I'm gone this weekend, but I'm off Monday, so I'll try to do it then. If I continue to have issues, I'll just send someone a torrent link.
Also, I've finished the Mtg-DotP ManaLink 2.0 VMWare Application, and it seems to work great! I spent all day yesterday playtesting it (Shandalar at 3:00 am, sound familiar to anyone?) and didn't run into any issues, other than the Intro.avi not being accessable, but that happens whenever I load ManaLink 1.3.2 or higher, so I've included links for it and the UnderDog manuals on the desktop, as well as all 108 of the PreFab Playdecks (and maybe a few of my own ^_^). Shandalar, Tutorials, Sealed Deck, Gauntlet, everything else seems to check out. The VMWare Download page for VMWare Player 2.5.2 is back up, so go grab a copy.
The VMWare App clocks in at 637 meg compressed and 960 meg uncompressed, and requires 250-300 meg free HD to operate. I used a stripped-down 98micro install for speed, but I'm not sure of the actual PC Requirements (the real game requires 100-120 mhz 486/Pentium, so probably pretty reasonable).
I'll try to get both of these re-upped to Mediafire over the weekend and post links on Monday... sorry 'bout the corrupt links guys.
"I thought the day had brought enough horrors for our ragged band, but the night was far worse."
-Lucilde Fiksdotter

Shandalar 2012 Revisited
Magic: The Gathering Abandonware
CirothUngol
Programmer

Postby Huggybaby » 23 May 2009, 17:55

Man, that is a big file!

We're torrent friendly here, send me the torrent if you can seed and I'll upload them to our folder.
Huggybaby
Administrator

Postby CirothUngol » 25 May 2009, 02:51

I've uploaded the ManaLink 2.0 VMWare Appliance to Mediafire, and this time I made a par2 checkfile and re-downloaded them, checked them and did a binary comparison with Beyond Compare... these should be good to go.

ManaLink 2.0 VMWare Appliance Part 1 (of 7) 99 MB
ManaLink 2.0 VMWare Appliance Part 2 (of 7) 99 MB
ManaLink 2.0 VMWare Appliance Part 3 (of 7) 99 MB
ManaLink 2.0 VMWare Appliance Part 4 (of 7) 99 MB
ManaLink 2.0 VMWare Appliance Part 5 (of 7) 99 MB
ManaLink 2.0 VMWare Appliance Part 6 (of 7) 99 MB
ManaLink 2.0 VMWare Appliance Part 7 (of 7) 44 MB
par2 Check File for ManaLink 2.0 VMWare Appliance 36 KB

...and here's a Mediafire link for the latest VMWare Player 2.5.2 b156735
VMware-player-2.5.2-156735.rar 44 MB

Just install VMWare Player, extract the VMWare App, run the player, click "Open" and point it at the file ManaLink_2.0.vmx. It should be in the extracted folder along with the HardDrive file ManaLink_2.0.vmdk. Remember, we're talkin' Windows 98 here (well... 98micro), so it'll take a minute or so to boot up. While playing, VMWare Player will write to the .vmdk file just like a HardDrive, so it'll save your Campaign, Gauntlet, Tournament and new decks... never be without MtG-DotP again! Please let me know if you spot any issues that should be addressed, either with the App or the download.

Also, I've re-upped the CD Image for Microprose MtG 1.0, and re-downloaded, checked and compared the archives as above. Again, these should be good to go.
Microprose MtG 1.0 CD Image Part 1 (of 5) 99 MB
Microprose MtG 1.0 CD Image Part 1 (of 5) 65 MB
par2 Check File for Microprose MtG 1.0 CD Image 26 KB

Hope you like the Appliance, I kinda had a blast making (and playtesting) it. Thanks again for all the Fun!
Now, think I'll go load the newest stuff into it... just to see how it works. ^_^

Edit - Oh yea, that's right... the newer updates don't work in Windows 98, at least for me. Does anyone know the deal with ManalinkEh.dll? It has a problem loading on every Win98 system I've tried (real or virtual). Is there a library or something I'd have to install? Hrmm...
Last edited by CirothUngol on 25 May 2009, 05:43, edited 1 time in total.
"I thought the day had brought enough horrors for our ragged band, but the night was far worse."
-Lucilde Fiksdotter

Shandalar 2012 Revisited
CirothUngol
Programmer

Postby Huggybaby » 25 May 2009, 03:01

Very nice contribution, thank you CirothUngol! I know how much effort it takes to create all this stuff, check it, upload it, download it and check it again, but that's the quality approach and only has to be done once after all.

I have a bit of a fever right now, but when I get feeling better I'll definitely add these to the first download post. I know people are having a hard time deciding what to download already and adding more options won't help, but so be it. I have two more versions to upload too! Maybe a decision flow chart is in order. :)
Huggybaby
Administrator

Postby CirothUngol » 25 May 2009, 06:05

Sorry you're sick, sure hope you get to feeling better soon.

No prob, like I said... I had fun. That's the first time I've uploaded something to a big file sharing site. It didn't occur to me that I should check the files. Very silly. I tried to get the install as small as possible, but I never have much luck getting Win95 to run correctly on VirtualPC or VMWare. The 98micro install was about 120 MB, compared to about 60 MB for Win95, so not to bad.
While I certainly didn't intend to add to the clutter, I kinda thought a VM App would be slick... and I'm quite interested in the other two versions of which you speak. ^_^

--Off Topic--
Do you run ManaLink on Win98 systems, and have you heard of the above mentioned ManalinkEh.dll error? It's what would prevent me from doing a similar treatment to any of the newer releases.
-Lucilde Fiksdotter

Shandalar 2012 Revisited
CirothUngol
Programmer

Postby Bog Wraith » 25 May 2009, 10:21

Huggybaby wrote:Correct. DotP is standalone, it just has locked, hidden cards. SotA is not standalone, it must be used with DotP or the original MTG. So that means you must use SotA to unlock Juzam Djinn.
:roll:
Man, how long have I been saying this!

Anyway, I'm glad that this is finally settled! [-o<

CirothUngol,

I assume that your VMWare and Virtual PC talk in above posts are to do with running these on a Mac? I am a Mac user that is still on a Power PC G5, so I can't run VMWare and my experience with the old Virtual PC was awful. I'll be getting a new Mac very soon, so I will finally be on an Intel Mac!

If this indeed what your referring to, I too would love to run ManaLink on my Mac and have looked into Paralles, VMWare, Crossover or just using Bootcamp. You and I will be talking about this when I get my new Mac!
'Twas in the bogs of Cannelbrae
My mate did meet an early grave
'Twas nothing left for us to save
In the peat-filled bogs of Cannelbrae.
Bog Wraith
Global Mod 1 (Ret)

Postby CirothUngol » 25 May 2009, 14:41

Actually, the idea was to allow one to run this fine, fun and slightly archaic software on anything that it normally has a problem with. Mac, Linux, Vista, XP should all have a VM Player available (can't say fer sure, I'm a WinXP user myself... by default, not by choice). I had a hell of a time getting the original to run on WinNT several years back, and I just thought a VMWare App would be simple and appropriate (if not a little large). In my opinion, MtG-DotP runs much more smoothly under VMWare than it did under MS VirtualPC... I think the hardware emulation is better. I'm really hoping a few people will find it useful.

Congrats on the new Mac... a couple of my Mac friends wonder why I still use my crappy WinXP Box ("...Linux is free, ya know.", I'd often here them say) ^_^
-Lucilde Fiksdotter

Shandalar 2012 Revisited
CirothUngol
Programmer

Postby Huggybaby » 25 May 2009, 17:46

Bog Wraith wrote:Man, how long have I been saying this!
Hey, it's not my fault that the wiki and every other site on the internet said something different. You could edit the wiki you know... :wink:

CirothUngol, is that MTG image still ecm'd? I'm assuming it is, and the links are up.

It looks like we need a short guide to selecting the proper files now, and the first post will have to be rearranged for clarity, but all in good time.
Huggybaby
Administrator

Postby Bog Wraith » 25 May 2009, 18:59

Huggybaby wrote:
Bog Wraith wrote:Man, how long have I been saying this!
Hey, it's not my fault that the wiki and every other site on the internet said something different. You could edit the wiki you know... :wink:
Huggy, my comment was in general and certainly not a criticism directed at you or anyone else old friend! :)
It's just been very confusing and at times frustrating for all of us in getting the Juzam card question answered. Guess I don't have to send you the CD's after all!

Thanks for the clarification on the VMWare CirothUngol. I do look forward to trying to run ManaLink on the Intel Mac with whichever way I try to do so. 8)
'Twas in the bogs of Cannelbrae
My mate did meet an early grave
'Twas nothing left for us to save
In the peat-filled bogs of Cannelbrae.
Bog Wraith
Global Mod 1 (Ret)

Postby CirothUngol » 25 May 2009, 18:59

Yup, they're still ECMed. In fact, they're the same files I upped the first time, only this time without the data corruption (hopefully).
-Lucilde Fiksdotter

Shandalar 2012 Revisited
CirothUngol
Programmer

Postby tiger » 26 May 2009, 21:36

WOW!
Just
WOW!

(more meaningful comments after I've spent some time playing with this beauty)
tiger

Postby scorch56 » 28 May 2009, 02:39

Hi guys! Nice to be here.. I followed the links from UG and I have a question..

As usual.. I'm thoroughly confused.. LOL..

I have the luxury of having 3 hardware-based boxes for all OS's from DOS through Vista.

I want to throw the latest viable upgraded version of DotP on my hardware 95C-98SE dual-boot box.

So..

Which OS would you recommend and what ISO.. Manalink version (If 2.0 on up isn't working in 9X) and any other upgrades?

Thanks for your time & attention.
scorch56

Postby Huggybaby » 28 May 2009, 17:24

Ah, you saw my post at Underground Gamer? Welcome to CCGHQ. :)

Duels of the Planeswalkers on Windows 98, with the 2.01 manalink patch should work fine. After that, read the updates topics to decide if you want to go further. There have been some cool features added since the 2.01 patch. Try viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1168 for links.
Huggybaby
Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to Installation and Troubleshooting