It is currently 29 Apr 2024, 06:29

Text Size

Download Original MicroProse & ManaLink Game Files!

Downloads, Guides , General Support
PLEASE "SEARCH" BEFORE YOU POST!

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Download Original MicroProse & ManaLink Game Files!

Postby Marek14 » 08 Jun 2009, 11:40

CirothUngol wrote:I've uploaded the ManaLink 2.0 VMWare Appliance to Mediafire, and this time I made a par2 checkfile and re-downloaded them, checked them and did a binary comparison with Beyond Compare... these should be good to go.

ManaLink 2.0 VMWare Appliance Part 1 (of 7) 99 MB
ManaLink 2.0 VMWare Appliance Part 2 (of 7) 99 MB
ManaLink 2.0 VMWare Appliance Part 3 (of 7) 99 MB
ManaLink 2.0 VMWare Appliance Part 4 (of 7) 99 MB
ManaLink 2.0 VMWare Appliance Part 5 (of 7) 99 MB
ManaLink 2.0 VMWare Appliance Part 6 (of 7) 99 MB
ManaLink 2.0 VMWare Appliance Part 7 (of 7) 44 MB
par2 Check File for ManaLink 2.0 VMWare Appliance 36 KB

...and here's a Mediafire link for the latest VMWare Player 2.5.2 b156735
VMware-player-2.5.2-156735.rar 44 MB

Just install VMWare Player, extract the VMWare App, run the player, click "Open" and point it at the file ManaLink_2.0.vmx. It should be in the extracted folder along with the HardDrive file ManaLink_2.0.vmdk. Remember, we're talkin' Windows 98 here (well... 98micro), so it'll take a minute or so to boot up. While playing, VMWare Player will write to the .vmdk file just like a HardDrive, so it'll save your Campaign, Gauntlet, Tournament and new decks... never be without MtG-DotP again! Please let me know if you spot any issues that should be addressed, either with the App or the download.

Also, I've re-upped the CD Image for Microprose MtG 1.0, and re-downloaded, checked and compared the archives as above. Again, these should be good to go.
Microprose MtG 1.0 CD Image Part 1 (of 5) 99 MB
Microprose MtG 1.0 CD Image Part 1 (of 5) 65 MB
par2 Check File for Microprose MtG 1.0 CD Image 26 KB

Hope you like the Appliance, I kinda had a blast making (and playtesting) it. Thanks again for all the Fun!
Now, think I'll go load the newest stuff into it... just to see how it works. ^_^

Edit - Oh yea, that's right... the newer updates don't work in Windows 98, at least for me. Does anyone know the deal with ManalinkEh.dll? It has a problem loading on every Win98 system I've tried (real or virtual). Is there a library or something I'd have to install? Hrmm...
Hmm... I have a question - how do I import files to the appliance? I have some decks etc., and there's also a question of updates :( I tried using a removable drive, but even when I connect it in VMware, it won't appear in the appliance...

Or will there be a new version? :)
Marek14
Tester

Postby CirothUngol » 08 Jun 2009, 13:11

Marek14 wrote:Hmm... I have a question - how do I import files to the appliance? I have some decks etc., and there's also a question of updates :( I tried using a removable drive, but even when I connect it in VMware, it won't appear in the appliance...

You would have to use something like VMWare Workstation to edit the setting on the VirtualMachine (thats what I used to create the appliance). VMWare Player will only "play", it won't allow you to alter settings. Perhaps next time I'll leave an external Floppy or CD Drive connected so users could add stuff to the App (it would "take over" the 1st Drive it found upon boot up).
As for updates, there is currently an issue with ManalinkEh.dll not loading under Windows98... so it can't run any of the latest additions. As soon as this issue is addressed (and there's a good, solid, stable release), I'd love to update the appliance. Currently, you must use WinXP-Vista-7 to run the latest updates (i.e. all of the groovy jatill releases).

BTW, how's the WMWare App running for you? Found any errors? Thought of any improvements? Please post any bugs or issues you find, hopefully I'll get to update the App one day.
"I thought the day had brought enough horrors for our ragged band, but the night was far worse."
-Lucilde Fiksdotter

Shandalar 2012 Revisited
Magic: The Gathering Abandonware
CirothUngol
Programmer

Postby Marek14 » 10 Jun 2009, 05:23

CirothUngol wrote:
Marek14 wrote:Hmm... I have a question - how do I import files to the appliance? I have some decks etc., and there's also a question of updates :( I tried using a removable drive, but even when I connect it in VMware, it won't appear in the appliance...

You would have to use something like VMWare Workstation to edit the setting on the VirtualMachine (thats what I used to create the appliance). VMWare Player will only "play", it won't allow you to alter settings. Perhaps next time I'll leave an external Floppy or CD Drive connected so users could add stuff to the App (it would "take over" the 1st Drive it found upon boot up).
As for updates, there is currently an issue with ManalinkEh.dll not loading under Windows98... so it can't run any of the latest additions. As soon as this issue is addressed (and there's a good, solid, stable release), I'd love to update the appliance. Currently, you must use WinXP-Vista-7 to run the latest updates (i.e. all of the groovy jatill releases).

BTW, how's the WMWare App running for you? Found any errors? Thought of any improvements? Please post any bugs or issues you find, hopefully I'll get to update the App one day.
It works very well... If there is this problem, though, maybe the way forward lies in making a frontend, like ScummVM?
Marek14
Tester

Postby mygskennels » 10 Jun 2009, 10:30

I have downloaded the option number 2 and its working fine, i also downloaded the updated Manalink201 and tried to copy it on download option number 2 and save it on the Manalink folder to overwrite the old Manalink files. When I played the game with manalink201, the text of the cards is not visible... or did i just miss a thing...
mygskennels

Postby CirothUngol » 10 Jun 2009, 13:05

Go get SMILING SPECTRE'S ACT FIX available on the 1st page of this thread, It should fix any such issues.
"I thought the day had brought enough horrors for our ragged band, but the night was far worse."
-Lucilde Fiksdotter

Shandalar 2012 Revisited
Magic: The Gathering Abandonware
CirothUngol
Programmer

Postby Huggybaby » 10 Jun 2009, 16:03

Also be sure to reboot. Funny how many people don't. I've seen them reinstall over and over without rebooting lately.
Huggybaby
Administrator

Need Help Please

Postby DiscoPants » 14 Jun 2009, 19:13

I made the disc via the instructions and I then install DotP, and it seems to install perfectly. Unfortunately, it does absolutely nothing when I try to play. And when I go with the autoplay it doesn't play either (I can install again). I run Vista so I'm not sure if that's it, and honestly, I've looked at the things posted here and I'm still lost. It's installed it just won't run...and I'm really really sad about that...
DiscoPants

Postby biggame » 15 Jun 2009, 00:04

Hello all,
I have been playing in Shandalar for a while now and noticed as I ventured to the deckbuilder that there are a ton more cards there than in Shandalar.
I have installed the HOTU version of the game with manalink 2.0 and ACT fix. Am I missing something else to be able to use gold legend and other cards in Shandalar or are they not intended to be used there?
biggame

Postby Huggybaby » 15 Jun 2009, 01:51

DiscoPants, have you installed the manalink 2.01 patch?

biggame, those cards aren't available in Shandalar. Maybe one day, but not now.
Huggybaby
Administrator

Postby DiscoPants » 16 Jun 2009, 00:49

OK....I've got to be doing something wrong. I've got the game on the computer, the files are all there, but when autoplay kicks in on the disc, my only option is to install not play. Maybe I've unpacked the patch incorrectly. I simply opened the .rar into the Magic folder which may not be the correct thing to do. Either way, the game is on the computer, but when I click on any icons (magic, manalink, shandalar,) I get nothing at all. Thanks for any help on this.

Nate
DiscoPants

Postby DiscoPants » 16 Jun 2009, 01:38

Got IT!!! I wasn't copying the patch files correctly.

Nate
DiscoPants

Postby Gudadantza » 17 Jun 2009, 09:28

Hello to all. I was thinking about redownloading a copy of the whole think from this post, but I have read some time ago that a remade CD with all the patches and compatibilities inside, including new installer and the videos for XP is about to re released for you, guys. Is that project coming? or can I download the CD files for now?

Thanks in advance!
Gudadantza

Postby Huggybaby » 17 Jun 2009, 16:12

I'll put the links for that CD up later today. It still has some kinks to be worked out but until I can get around to it I'll go ahead and share it.
Huggybaby
Administrator

Postby Gudadantza » 17 Jun 2009, 21:03

Thanks for the information!
Gudadantza

Postby Huggybaby » 18 Jun 2009, 00:58

Huggybaby
Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to Installation and Troubleshooting