It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 11:21

Text Size

URGENT: CALLING ALL PROGRAMMERS!

Discuss Upcoming Releases, Coding New Cards, Etc.
PLEASE DO NOT REPORT BUGS HERE!

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

URGENT: CALLING ALL PROGRAMMERS!

Postby Bog Wraith » 21 Mar 2009, 16:29

This post of mine was in response to this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1013

I wanted ALL of you programmers to see this and to find a way to get this done!

LoneFox wrote:
This case once again shows that this project needs some kind of version control. Perhaps I should set up a subversion repository for it on my own computer...
Yes, this is what I was eluding to in my post of last week, which spun off topic, but did get some feedback. Not enough however.

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=979

There are allot of cooks in the pot but there is no head chef!

I think that the head chef should be composed of a few of the developers and not just one person. You guys have to come up with this amongst yourselves. Us non programming types are not qualified to make those decisions.

Maybe you can all get together on a chat service on a day that is convenient for all of you and discuss this and come to some agreement on how this is implemented, posting your conclusions on the Wiki so everyone can see them and understand how things will work. If not via chat, then use the PM feature here to gage what all the developers think, once again coming to a mutually agreed conclusion.

All I know is something has to be done!

I change the updates from sticky status to regular standard topics when the latest release is posted so as to make it easy for ALL members to find the newest version. It helps to keep things organized. Problem is, lately, I've been hesitant and sometimes confused as to what version should be considered the new, working update. Too many minor or bug fixed versions are being posted as that days new update. I had said that I wanted people to post those kinds of updates under the current one until a true new update would be released as the one that would be changed to a sticky, while removing the old one from same.

So, I'm back to my original point of last weeks post; there needs to be a meeting of the "Programmers Minds" to solve this issue once and for all. So...

I call EVERYONE who has done or wants to do any coding to figure out the best way to communicate with each other and come to a conclusion and settle this once and for all!

Huggy and I will do whatever it takes to help you implement whatever it is you decide upon.

It's way past time for this fellas!

EDIT

This is more important right now then just adding new cards into the game. Of course we all look forward to and want more newer cards added in, but this needs to be settled before it becomes total chaos! It's already gotten out of hand so please, find a way to communicate and discuss this and lets settle on a procedure that will benefit the entire project and ManaLink community.
'Twas in the bogs of Cannelbrae
My mate did meet an early grave
'Twas nothing left for us to save
In the peat-filled bogs of Cannelbrae.
Bog Wraith
Global Mod 1 (Ret)

Re: URGENT: CALLING ALL PROGRAMMERS!

Postby Huggybaby » 21 Mar 2009, 16:33

lol It's alluding.

Stealing a page from Incantus:

GO HERE: http://www.efnet.org/
Make a nickname
In channel, type #manalink

I'll see you there.
Huggybaby
Administrator

Postby Incantus » 21 Mar 2009, 23:16

Here's another web based client (that can access more than EFNET). Click on the link and put in your nickname:

http://www.mibbit.com/?server=irc.umich.edu&channel=%23manalink
Incantus
DEVELOPER

Postby Huggybaby » 22 Mar 2009, 07:07

Thanks incantus, I'll check it out. Sorry I missed you today.
Huggybaby
Administrator

Postby frwololo » 26 Mar 2009, 03:54

As long as it's only source, I suggest google code for your version control.
If you have copyright issues, you might want to use a private server though.
frwololo
DEVELOPER

Return to Development