It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 09:38

Text Size

Bug fixes - I need your help

Discuss Upcoming Releases, Coding New Cards, Etc.
PLEASE DO NOT REPORT BUGS HERE!

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

Bug fixes - I need your help

Postby jatill » 13 Apr 2009, 12:23

I'm going to try to fix as many bugs as I know how, but I need help from you.
There are several bugs that I know are real bugs, but they don't happen 100% of the time. So for these bugs, I need the simplest example of when they occur. So start a game with you and your opponent only having a deck of all basic lands. Use debug mode (F12, then right-click for options) to put the minimal number of cards into play / hand, and generate the bug. Then test the exact same circumstances and make sure it still triggers the bug. If you can isolate the bugs, hopefully I can address them.

Here are some of the bugs that I won't work on until they are isolated. And thanks in advance for your help.

-Rancor - doesn't always return to hand
-Pattern of Rebirth - Triggers multiple times
-Survival of the Fittest - Triggers multiple times?-
-Mishra's Factory - AI gets into a loop
-Several spells, including Prosperity and Martial Coup - AI counters a spell by playing spells or ability in response
-AI fetches Llanowar Elves from a Crop Rotation
-Strip Mine can destroy a Darksteel Citadel while it can't for a land enchanted by Consecrate Land
Last edited by jatill on 15 Apr 2009, 19:27, edited 2 times in total.
jatill
DEVELOPER

Re: Bug fixes - I need your help

Postby 0rion79 » 13 Apr 2009, 12:47

Ok, it shall be done ;)
Oh, I've spoken with Harry P and he has told me that "we" should already know how to edit the number of cards in sealed deck game, that there is no reason to explain since it is just a matter of changing 3 bits here and there. :? 8-[
Anyway, now he is very busy with job, so if you can't fix it, I will try to ask him again later...
0rion79

Postby jatill » 13 Apr 2009, 12:51

0rion79 wrote:Ok, it shall be done ;)
Oh, I've spoken with Harry P and he has told me that "we" should already know how to edit the number of cards in sealed deck game, that there is no reason to explain since it is just a matter of changing 3 bits here and there. :? 8-[
Anyway, now he is very busy with job, so if you can't fix it, I will try to ask him again later...
Yeah, I have no idea where those 3 bits here and there are.
jatill
DEVELOPER

Postby mathusalem » 13 Apr 2009, 16:48

also what I can do is save a game when it occurs and send it to you , Jatill with explanation of the circumstances.
Pattern of rebirth does a multiple trigger most often with combat damages. maybe the game gets mixed up with the different phases. Often a dark banishing on a patterned creature wont cause a multiple trigger... at least for me.
Wrath of god causes multiple triggers on Rector though.
Also when I blocked with one rector, while two were in play, both triggered and both went to the graveyard.
mathusalem

Postby jatill » 13 Apr 2009, 18:45

mathusalem wrote:also what I can do is save a game when it occurs and send it to you , Jatill with explanation of the circumstances.
That might help, I'm not sure until I see what you mean.

mathusalem wrote:Wrath of god causes multiple triggers on Rector though.
This doesn't help at all though. For example, I debug Rector into play, and Wrath into hand. I cast Wrath, and choose to RFG and search for Underworld Dreams. The end, no glitch. This is why I need a very specific game state to test.
jatill
DEVELOPER

Postby mathusalem » 13 Apr 2009, 21:13

jatill wrote:This doesn't help at all though. For example, I debug Rector into play, and Wrath into hand. I cast Wrath, and choose to RFG and search for Underworld Dreams. The end, no glitch. This is why I need a very specific game state to test.
this is exactly why I propose to save thegame when it occurs and send you the savegame.
Mok used to debug that way. there are quite a few bugs he killed like that.
mathusalem

Postby mathusalem » 14 Apr 2009, 12:03

here is a savegame with the rector bug, only even bigger than before.

the circumstances :

The Ai just stole my Academy rector with a control Magic.
I decide to kill it with my red honden. (trigger that to see what will happen)
The Ai decides to remove the rector from game and fetches all of the creatures from its deck and puts them all into play. So it triggers multip^le times and Tha AI fetches the wrong type of cards.

http://www.lollypop-power.net/images/manalink/rector_big_bug.E1M
mathusalem

Postby jatill » 14 Apr 2009, 12:06

Hmm... apparently just hitting the 'load match' button crashes my version. Fantastic.
jatill
DEVELOPER

Postby mathusalem » 14 Apr 2009, 12:20

Sorry. It didn't crash when I Loaded it. i re-killed the erctor and the AI re-fetched all of his critters. so at least it is repeatable bug :P
mathusalem

Postby jatill » 14 Apr 2009, 13:11

mathusalem wrote:Sorry. It didn't crash when I Loaded it. i re-killed the erctor and the AI re-fetched all of his critters. so at least it is repeatable bug :P
Yeah, I didn't even get to choose your file. My entire load button doesn't work :)
jatill
DEVELOPER

Postby mathusalem » 14 Apr 2009, 15:43

OK. I have a save for the following so, if you game version stops crashing when your hit the load button i'll send it to you. but anyway here is a typical Pattern bug occurance :
I attack with a patterned Eternal witnass. The AI has a tundra wolf with holy strength and cooses to block. Now I get to choose a creature to put in play, but actally until I hit the "done" button, I can choose as many creatures as I want. and there are as many copies (ans even more actually) of Eternal witness in my graveyard.

it seems the handler doesn't hit "end" like with a normal tutoring, when you choose your card. I may be uttering a self evidence here.... sorry :)
mathusalem

Postby stassy » 15 Apr 2009, 12:26

Oh well, tried everything on debug mode but couldn't reproduce the strip mine bug from my or opponent side, Darksteel Citadel is only bury-able with Balance / Titania's Song and similar effect card though Strip Mine is sacrificed (for nothing) while trying and it can't if DC has an Consecrated Land on it (ability error msg).

Guess it can be considered as an extremely rare occasion and be cleaned off the bug list, sorry for the trouble.

Also I got lot of game locks while trying to make a proper save game, putting card directly in game instead of putting in hand and casting it properly might cause them (like Disenchant).
stassy

Postby jatill » 15 Apr 2009, 14:06

stassy wrote:Also I got lot of game locks while trying to make a proper save game, putting card directly in game instead of putting in hand and casting it properly might cause them (like Disenchant).
This is normal. It happens with some comes into play creatures, too. You're always safer putting cards into hand, adding mana, and then casting.
jatill
DEVELOPER

Postby jatill » 15 Apr 2009, 14:43

I tried a complete re-install and still have the same problem trying to save or load games. I guess that won't work for me.
jatill
DEVELOPER

Return to Development