It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 07:44

Text Size

Drawcardlib revisited

Discuss Upcoming Releases, Coding New Cards, Etc.
PLEASE DO NOT REPORT BUGS HERE!

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Drawcardlib revisited

Postby gmzombie » 15 Jul 2013, 15:14

IC well this is good to know.
can I maze of ith your snowstorm?

http://home.comcast.net/~gmzombie/index.html old stuff in here. don't use this stuff right now till I get time to get back into it and readjust.
gmzombie

Postby Sonic » 17 Jul 2013, 23:08

Made a discovery today - it seems using a card image larger than the current 228x325 throws all the vertical alignment of the small card effects overlays out of whack.

Using a 308x472 image realigns the damage dagger up under the cards text and if the text is wide enough it pushes the damage number down and clips the bottom off.

It would seem all the overlays need to be resized with a similar ratio as the increase in size of the main card image.
Working On: Life, the Universe, and Everything.
Sonic
Apprentice

Postby Korath » 17 Jul 2013, 23:15

Both the damage dagger and number are drawn by the exe, and shouldn't be affected by drawcardlib.dll at all.

This sounds like this bug again. What's the provenance of your ManalinkEx.dll file? Still the first one I sent you for ability icons, the one I posted in reply, or the one from Odyssey-then-Invasion?
Korath
DEVELOPER

Postby Sonic » 18 Jul 2013, 00:08

Korath wrote:Both the damage dagger and number are drawn by the exe, and shouldn't be affected by drawcardlib.dll at all.

This sounds like this bug again. What's the provenance of your ManalinkEx.dll file? Still the first one I sent you for ability icons, the one I posted in reply, or the one from Odyssey-then-Invasion?
Scrub the above... I'm going gaga. It's too damn hot here in the UK at the moment and I've spent hours poring over these new card templates.
Being something of a perfectionist, I've been screwing about getting the text banners in the small cards aligned just right. Subsequently it's shifted the artwork downwards in the frame - and that's what given the appearance the overlays are out alignment. #-o

You're right, it's the damage number again. It was OK with the updated ManalinkEx.dll you posted but it seems to be back with the patch update.
I suppose I need to reinstall the updated file?

Sorry about the false alarm - I need a cold beer.
Sonic
Apprentice

Postby Korath » 18 Jul 2013, 00:24

If that fixes it, let me know - it means the most recent one wasn't included in the Odyssey patch. (Or I could download it myself and see, of course, but I really want my source tree to be more stable before trying to merge in the new version.)
Korath
DEVELOPER

Postby Gargaroz » 18 Jul 2013, 00:27

Well, the one I inserted comes from the first fix in this thread, there were other fixes I missed ?
----
- Current / medium term task: adjusting the code for making Misdirection and such usable
- Long term task: inserting all the good stuff I left out from the "Golden Years" mod
Gargaroz
Programmer

Postby Sonic » 18 Jul 2013, 00:55

Gargaroz wrote:Well, the one I inserted comes from the first fix in this thread, there were other fixes I missed ?
Can't confirm this fixes the problem as yet. But the ManalinkEx.dll in the patch archive is dated 24th June, and the updated file in the manalinkex-38ed2e7.zip (download/file.php?id=11638) is dated 26th June.
Sonic
Apprentice

Postby Sonic » 18 Jul 2013, 02:29

Korath wrote:If that fixes it, let me know - it means the most recent one wasn't included in the Odyssey patch. (Or I could download it myself and see, of course, but I really want my source tree to be more stable before trying to merge in the new version.)
Yep! That fixed it. :)
Sonic
Apprentice

Postby Korath » 18 Jul 2013, 23:48

The ManalinkEx.dll in the Odyssey patch's 07132013 directory is the bad one. There's a good one in the Odyssey patch's src dir. This is entirely my fault, since that's exactly where the zip in my attachment in the Ability Icons thread puts it. :oops:

Back on topic here, work in progress:
Attachments
wip.jpg
Korath
DEVELOPER

Postby gmzombie » 19 Jul 2013, 01:56

Holy fricken hell that's awesome. I haven't been able to up that file yet but I will try in a bit. Its I think 50mbs or so I believe

http://home.comcast.net/~gmzombie/index.html old stuff in here. don't use this stuff right now till I get time to get back into it and readjust.
gmzombie

Postby Sonic » 19 Jul 2013, 02:38

Korath wrote:Back on topic here, work in progress:
Blimey, I can't keep up.

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=11173
Sonic
Apprentice

Postby stassy » 19 Jul 2013, 03:12

Err, just a question, how are you going to manage reprint? Redo the whole icon every block change?
stassy

Postby Korath » 19 Jul 2013, 11:28

The icon choice just uses the data in rarity.dat, which is produced from the columns in Manalink.csv. Someone (Sonic? Gargaroz?) already maintains these, even though nothing actually looks at them except for Draft, so far as I can find.

There's options in duel.dat to choose which icon to use for cards with multiple printings. The screenshot above uses
Code: Select all
[Expansions]
;If set to 1, then if a card has been printed in multiple expansions of the same priority (according to the Priority* options below), then the latest of those expansion/rarity symbols is used, instead of the earliest.  The ordering used is the same as in the column headings in the first line of Manalink.csv.
;Defaults LatestPrinting=0.
LatestPrinting = 1
;Priority given to core sets (Alpha, Beta, Unlimited, Revised, Fourth through Tenth Edition, Magic 2010 through 2014) when choosing which expansion/rarity to use for cards with multiple printings.  The expansion/rarity with the highest priority number is used.
;Defaults PriorityCore=10.
PriorityCore = 10
;Priority given to expert-level sets (Arabian Nights, Antiquities, Legends, The Dark, Fallen Empires, Homelands, and the three-set blocks).
;Defaults PriorityExpert=10.
PriorityExpert = 10
;Priority given to portal/starter sets (Portal, Portal Second Age, Portal Three Kingdoms, Starter 1999, Start 2000).
;Defaults PriorityPortal=7.
PriorityPortal = 7
;Priority given to reprint sets (Chronicles, Masters Edition I-IV, Modern Masters).
;Defaults PriorityReprint=6.
PriorityReprint = 6
;Priority given to casual-format sets (Planechase, Archenemy, Commander, Planechase 2012, Commander's Arsenal).
;Defaults PriorityCasual=4.
PriorityCasual = 4
;Priority given to the astral cards and the promotional pseudo-set (used, e.g., for book inserts like Mana Crypt).
;Defaults PriorityPromo=3.
PriorityPromo = 3
;Priority given to box sets (Battle Royale, Beatdown, and the From the Vault series).
;Defaults PriorityBox=2.
PriorityBox = 2
;Priority given to prebuilt decks (the Duel Decks: X vs. Y series and Premium Decks series).
;Defaults PriorityDecks=1.
PriorityDecks = 1
Korath
DEVELOPER

Postby gmzombie » 19 Jul 2013, 11:42

you are awesome man i cant wait

gmzombie

Postby Gargaroz » 19 Jul 2013, 12:53

Korath, this is so cool I could scream ! In the meantime, I'll exchange the bad file with the good one.
----
- Current / medium term task: adjusting the code for making Misdirection and such usable
- Long term task: inserting all the good stuff I left out from the "Golden Years" mod
Gargaroz
Programmer

PreviousNext

Return to Development