It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 14:51

Text Size

Questions about ManaLink

Discuss Upcoming Releases, Coding New Cards, Etc.
PLEASE DO NOT REPORT BUGS HERE!

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

Questions about ManaLink

Postby bennyTO » 24 Aug 2013, 21:31

Hello everybody I have a few questions about ManaLink:

*I view several versions but, is it available the Source Code to work with it?

*I found errors with differents cards, how can I edit the cards info to solve them?

*Where can I find documentation about Mana Link (development process, editing files etc...)?

Thanks!.
bennyTO

Re: Questions about ManaLink

Postby Korath » 24 Aug 2013, 22:03

There's a complete source tree for ManalinkEh.dll distributed with each patch, and I'll be setting up a git repository just as soon as I have free time to teach Gargaroz how to use it.

Card data is in:
  • Both magic_update/Manalink.csv and magic_update/ct_all.csv, containing static data; and one of
    • Magic.exe, containing the cards originally programmed in MSVC by MicroProse and early cards programmed in assembly, for card functions at 0x401000 - 0x4E9FFF
    • ManalinkEx.dll, containing later cards programmed in assembly, for card functions at 0x1001000 - 0x1283FFF
    • ManalinkEh.dll, containing cards programmed in C from the source tree in src/, for cards functions at 0x2001000 and higher.

Documentation is sorely lacking. There's some on the wiki, but it varies from out of date to plain wrong.
Last edited by Korath on 25 Aug 2013, 17:48, edited 1 time in total.
Korath
DEVELOPER

Postby Gargaroz » 25 Aug 2013, 12:43

My first objective is to complete the inserting of all worthy cards (we're really near, just 2/3 patches more, or even less). Then I'll start working on Wiki. Just be patient ;)
----
- Current / medium term task: adjusting the code for making Misdirection and such usable
- Long term task: inserting all the good stuff I left out from the "Golden Years" mod
Gargaroz
Programmer

Postby bennyTO » 26 Aug 2013, 12:16

Korath wrote:There's a complete source tree for ManalinkEh.dll distributed with each patch, and I'll be setting up a git repository just as soon as I have free time to teach Gargaroz how to use it.
I'll search the download link of the patch and wait until git repository is open.

Korath wrote: Card data is in:
  • Both magic_update/Manalink.csv and magic_update/ct_all.csv, containing static data; and one of
    • Magic.exe, containing the cards originally programmed in MSVC by MicroProse and early cards programmed in assembly, for card functions at 0x401000 - 0x4E9FFF
    • ManalinkEx.dll, containing later cards programmed in assembly, for card functions at 0x1001000 - 0x1283FFF
    • ManalinkEh.dll, containing cards programmed in C from the source tree in src/, for cards functions at 0x2001000 and higher.

Documentation is sorely lacking. There's some on the wiki, but it varies from out of date to plain wrong.
I don't found the csv files :? Maybe I have downloaded other ML3 version -.-U.

Korath wrote:My first objective is to complete the inserting of all worthy cards (we're really near, just 2/3 patches more, or even less). Then I'll start working on Wiki. Just be patient ;)
I'll be patient :mrgreen:
bennyTO

Postby Korath » 26 Aug 2013, 12:55

bennyTO wrote:I don't found the csv files :? Maybe I have downloaded other ML3 version -.-U.
The latest patch is here.
Korath
DEVELOPER

Return to Development