It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 20:25

Text Size

Legacy-effect card development

Discuss Upcoming Releases, Coding New Cards, Etc.
PLEASE DO NOT REPORT BUGS HERE!

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Legacy-effect card development

Postby Sonic » 05 Sep 2013, 23:31

Korath wrote:If |c was ever properly replaced, it no longer is, and always falls through into drawcardlib (where it gets displayed as the Planechase chaos symbol).
I seem to remember it working for the 'lace' cards when I was working on the all ASM coded ISO install. But it seems Mok adapted the |C code for the planechase Chaos symbol when he expanded the ManaSymbols.pic strip to include the hybrid and phyrexian mana symbols.
I checked the lace cards and they were all showing the chaos symbol in their effect cards rather than the expected color text.

So I did a test and replaced the current |C codes in the lace cards effect text entries with |S(color).

The result being; you can still 'Sleight of Mind' a cast lace card, its target will change to the sleighted color and the lace's effect card shows the sleighted color in uppercase.
Result! :D
Working On: Life, the Universe, and Everything.
Sonic
Apprentice

Postby Sonic » 22 Sep 2013, 14:27

Sorry - been really busy of late and haven't had much time to make any real progress on this project. If someone wants to chip in it would be useful.
Sonic
Apprentice

Postby Korath » 29 Jan 2014, 03:49

Both selection of |#1 |#2 etc. alternate text, and combining power/toughness effects, can be done pretty easily from the software side now.

Power/toughness effects can't be combined if the same effect also adds an ability of any sort, or does anything else besides change power and/or toughness - for example, two activations of a Carrion Howler 's effect could be combined into " Carrion Howler gets +4/-2 until end of turn", but two activations of Cloudgoat Ranger 's " Cloudgoat Ranger gets +2/+0 and gains flying until end of turn" effect couldn't be.

As I mentioned some time ago, it'll also only display correctly for specific combinations of power/toughness gain: +|n/+|n, +0/+|n, +|n/+0, -|n/-0, and +|n/-|n. -0/-|n, -|n/-|n, and -|n/+|n are missing. They could be added, with a bit of effort.

Mostly I just need either a list of cards whose effect text has been updated to use |# and |n, or access to the canonical xls files and a list of cards people especially want this for. (I especially want this for Wake Thrasher, myself.)
Korath
DEVELOPER

Postby Sonic » 01 Feb 2014, 15:39

Sorry been so long - busy and all that (as you probably already know. :wink: )

There isn't what we could really call a set of canonical xls files, as my and Gargaroz's files are in a constant state of update between one update and the next. The closest we have to a current reference is the csv files included in the magic_updater folder released with each patch.

If you're going to be code testing the updated Effect/Legacy entries using a manalink.csv file of your own. A possible way round updating the Effect/Legacy entries en-mass would be to construct an Excel sheet which uses a simple 'lookup name/cell offset' formula to check and update the required column entries for insertion into the main manalink.xls file whilst doing the main data entry for a forthcoming patch.

Stassy and I use a similar arrangement so I can insert the updated Base Values I receive from him for the manalink.xls 'AI Base Values' column. Works just as well on multiple columns.
Sonic
Apprentice

Previous

Return to Development